when papa dies

sorabji.com: Insomnia: when papa dies
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 06:07 am:

"Your Holiness, the Virgin has told me that when the 20th century passes away, with it will pass away the Age of Science. A new Age of Faith will dawn around the world. Proof will come at last that it was Our Lord Who created the world and man, and this will be the beginning of the end for the scientists, in whom the people will cease to believe. Millions will return to Christ, a as the numbers of believers swell, the power of the Church will grow as never before. Also causing many to turn their backs on science will be the arrogance of physicians who use their knowledge to create an abomination. These doctors will find the means to combine the essence of a man and the essence of a beast. The people will know in their hearts that this is wrong, but they will be powerless to stop the spawning of such monsters. In the end they will hunt scientists down as ravening wolves are hunted. On the eve of the year 2000, a final clash between the followers of Mohammed and the Christian nations of the world will take place. A furious battle will be waged in which 5,650,451 soldiers are killed and a bomb of great power will fall on a city in Persia. But in the fullness of time the sign of the cross will prevail and all of Islam will be forced to convert to Christianity. There will follow a century of peace and joy as all the nations of the earth lay down their swords and shields. Great Prosperity will follow as the Lord showers His blessings down upon the faithful. No family on earth will know poverty or hunger. One person in ten will be granted by God the power to heal and they will cast out all sicknesses from those who seek their aid. Many will rejoice at these miracles. The 21st Century will come to be known as the Second Golden Age of Mankind"

spooky, isn't it.

By Antigone on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 09:43 am:

Yeah.

Did you write it? :P

By Antigone on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 10:01 am:

Ah. The Lourdes Prophecy?

Did you know that this prophecy, supposedly written in 1879, was "found" in 1999 in the Vatican library?

By Spider on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 10:02 am:

That sounds like one of the prophecies from Fatima.

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 10:12 am:

How is it spooky? it's essentially utterly inaccurate. There are some things that seem to be relevant, but the problem with prophecy is that they are supposed to be metaphorical in nature, and so are up to a wild variety of interpretation.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:06 pm:

i'd like to find you, tiggy, in the vatican library.

it seemed spooky at 3am last night. i was thinking that the 'eve of the year 2000' might have been subverted by the john paul's refusal to step down. that the prophesized events would be triggered by his passing.

but you know, 3am. and this f'n fever.

i was searching, really, for the rumor that some prophesy kept john paul from stepping down. i remember hearing something of that vein a while back (when there was talk of him stepping down,) but i can't remember the details.

maybe it was speculation about the 3rd prophesy at Fatima.

i dunno. he's going to die soon. and that is spooky. karol has been the big man for 25 years.

By Spider on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

I like him and I'll be sad when he dies. He's an intelligent, sensible, and compassionate man and spiritual leader.

I think the "secret" 3rd prophecy of Fatima said something about how the next two popes are supposed to be the last ones, because the Day of Judgement is coming after that. Or something. I had a friend in high school whose mother was a "3 Days of Darkness" nut and stocked can goods in their basement to prepare for the Day of Judgement and all that. I might be confusing Fatima with her ravings.

By Nate on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:48 pm:

i'd just assume i'd be raptured. you can't prepare for heaven and prepare for the apocalypse at the same time.

i read something last night that the 3rd prophesy was about the downfall of portugal's empire in africa. but, all speculation. the vatican holds that close. though john paul did say he is keeping is secret because it is overly sensationalized.

By Spider on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 02:55 pm:

By semillama on Friday, October 3, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

Well, as far as they tell it, since they "revealed" it after the fact.

By Nate on Sunday, October 5, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

oops

the complete destruction of damascus plays a part in the apocalypse.

all these things are coming together.

the end is baah! the ehndd is bbhahhh!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact