Stay inside.

sorabji.com: Why I oughta...: Stay inside.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

Strange day outside.Its just not safe.2 odd occurences.Don't things come in threes?

Earlier today,I was outside vacuuming the pool,wearing my swimsuit,and getting some sun.The stereo was blasting,and I was dancing around like a fool,[in the privacy of my own backyard],and all of a sudden,I hear "HELLO,HELLO!"I look over to where the sound came from,and theres a man standing there."Hi,I've come to buy some birds.I heard the music,and thought you must be outside."

I scrambled for the house,and some clothing.I was embarrassed.He bought some birds.

Just now,I was laying on a lounge chair,drying off after swimming.I came into the house for a drink,and just happened to look out the window,and there is a huge water moccasin slithering under my lounge chair.Ordinarily snakes don't frighten me.But I had all my stuff under the lounge chair,to keep it from getting hot.ie,my watch,my ciggs and lighter,my insulated drinking cup,my book.

This kinda threw me into a panic.I jumped around the house,trying to formulate a plan.I felt naked and exposed.and barefoot.I found a pair of my son's shoes,and put them on,and grabbed an empty plastic trash can,with the intent of putting the trash can over the snake,untill I could muster the courage to kill the damn snake.But,by the time I got back outside,the snake was gone.I don't like this.Not at all.Its got me feeling all creepy.I guess I'll have to go and look for it.But I don't want to.But I think maybe its better to know where it is,than to think it is everywhere.It has intruded on my personal space.

By heather on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:03 pm:

i don't get it. you were afraid the snake would take your cigarettes?

By patrick on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:37 pm:

damn smoking snakes

By Platypus on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 07:59 pm:

Perhaps she was afraid that the snake was an arsonist?

By Spiral on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 09:13 pm:

Well, whether or not the snake had nefarious plans, I know what it feels like to go on the hunt for some malicious animal/woman-eating-monster-bee, only to discover that it has disappeared. Stay inside. It can't get you if it can't see you.

By spunky on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 10:03 pm:

HAHAHA
    Poor thing.
    The snake has probably been there for a while.
    I hate snakes with a passion. They scare the bejeezuz out of me, then I get pissed at myself for being such a wuss that I litteraly beat the porr thing to death.

By Czarina on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 10:35 am:

Sound advice,Spiral.Thank you.I especially like the part about how it can't get me,if it can't see me.Thats comforting.

As for the other issues that were raised concerning its intent,why,those were the very thoughts that popped into my head,the moment I saw the snake.

I felt sure he was up to no good,and apparently had it in mind,to implement some of my possesions,in his dasterdly deeds.An oppertunist.That is the deadliest type of viper on the crawl.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, July 1, 2001 - 12:48 am:

Actually I know how attached you are to those smokes, dear. Funny, the nieghbors here tell me the previous owner always was running into snakes around the place, and was scared of them, even found one up in the overhang on the roof when inspecting the tv antenna. I've been here a year, didn't see any last year, saw a little tiny copperhead this spring, and just last week had the crap scared out of me by a four foot long young black snake sunning himself on my porch, the back porch, the kitchen porch usually reserved for the hummingbirds and Ricky, the Racoon. Ricky is very tame; the snake, well, I am not going to find out. It literally jumped off the porch when I opened the door. I have a new pond, fountain, and stone waterfall not far away, just down the hill a bit, outside my bedroom windows, and the water and bubbling probably attracted him. Saw him again the next day by the pond and talked with him for about forty feet or more as he headed toward the rocks and groundcover downhill. I bargained that he could have all the woods, anywhere outside, but please stay off and out of the house and garden.

So far, the snake seems to be compliant. I used to kill them too most likely out of fear. Never met a snake who liked me more than I disliked him; they go away and don't care much for us humans. Be crave, little Czarina, and declare amnesty for all critters.

Besides he would not have liked your Lucky Strike unfiltered. Get Buster to go after 'em.

By Rolyn on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 08:30 am:

"The only good snake is a dead snake!" Even when they become purses or shoes, they still seem alive! (With the exception of those cute little green grass snakes or a black chicken snake) Once, years ago, I opened up a drawer in the shop and found a sleeping water moccasin. I live in constant panic that a snake will get into my house because the grass on the place is getting quite tall. I don't have a lawn mower, but that's just as well... what I do have is Parkinson's . Y'all, say something to make me feel better about the snake situation.

By dave. on Sunday, August 1, 2004 - 01:34 pm:

how can you be afraid of something with no arms or legs?

By Agent D on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 12:57 pm:

Czarina, are you high on crack?

By heather on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

agent d, did your lab unit leader drop you on your head as an infant?

By Agent D on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 09:10 pm:

No Heather.

By wisper on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 10:10 pm:

agent d, did you notice that the original post by Czarina is from 2001?

By J on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 12:00 am:

Czarina is a nurse,she don't have to stoop to crack.

By on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 12:57 am:

uhhh wisper,D'oh! lol

By V. on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 09:05 pm:

Hi J,swore i would not post again to this shit site,just want to thank you for your amazing insights to life,i like a lot...you remember me.

By V. on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:00 pm:

Trolls?...56% of Sorabji postings at my last count.

By Antigone on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:28 am:

You're only half the man you used to be, d00d.

By J on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:20 am:

I'm all down with you V.Can you do some magic for me?

By moonit on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 03:03 am:

blah blah blah blah wank on.

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:09 pm:

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:20 pm:

I think we both need to "flick the V,s" more often...hence my new tag. :)

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:22 pm:

For me that cat sounds too much like Mick Jagger.

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:50 pm:

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:57 pm:

By Antigone on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:13 pm:

d00d, I thought you weren't going to post anymore. I guess V stands for "vacillator."

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:14 pm:

...and dont forget to "flick the v,s"!!!!!!....:)

By Antigone on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:26 pm:

Everybody go fuckin' crazy

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 08:49 pm:

"A"...to you from me and j...we flick the "v,s".....................and your postings are shit.

By Antigone on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 09:02 pm:

Well, if J feels that way she can tell me herself.

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 09:11 pm:

j,i love your postings,more of your most pleasurable sites i need a lot.

By V on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 09:27 pm:

a,you are such a prick.,i just bet your a Mormon.

By jack on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:07 am:

i'll take that bet. how much you want to put up?

By Lapis on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:07 am:

i think i've found the vocalist for my fictious band.

By Antigone on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 03:52 am:

Mormon? Hah! Try devout agnostic with Zen Buddhist leanings.

By moonit on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:39 am:

Does anyone care that my oven broke and now I have to call the stupid rental property management company my landlord changed over too.

Fuckit, I wanted to keep away from them.

By moonit on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:43 am:

(I'm trying the ignore method), but I still want sympathy about my oven.

By agatha on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:21 pm:

You forgot your question mark.

I care. I know how much it sucks to have shitty cooking equipment.

By Lapis on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

that's awful!

our oven broke but the landlords replaced it pretty quick. the old one's still in the back yard, with the old dryer.... have to figure out what to do with them.

By moonit on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:52 am:

Fucking property management company. I got told that we would have a handyman come look at it within five days.

Second phone call....

Me: um, about that handyman, haven't heard anything, what can I do?
    Stupid Bitch: well, he probably hasn't picked up the job yet, he'll call you within three days.
    M: Okay, so what I am supposed to cook with?
    SB: An oven isn't essential.
    M: So how I am going to cook?
    SB: I can give you his number, but to be honest, he won't do anything until he speaks to me anyway.
    M: The tenancy tribunal have told me an oven is essential.
    SB: Water is, but not an oven.
    M: Fine.

Result - much ranting, then an email sent to the owner asking if he wants a hangi pit* in the lounge (in a sarcastic manner), and expressing my concerns with the fact that a. we don't know whats wrong. b. could potentially be dangerous. c. rudeness of staff. d. asking him to call me at work (with name of main daily newspaper in chch).

Roll on tomorrow.

*hangi pit - dig a hole, fairly deep, create fire. put wrapped meat and veges in hole, cover with earth. eat several hours later.

mmmm hangi food.

By wisper on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 05:25 am:

Our oven door used to fall out and onto the floor every time it was opened. Since all these townhouses were built with the same oven, the handy room mate just waited until the people next door replaced theirs and put it out on the curb.
    He went out in the middle of the night, took their oven door off and switched it with ours.
    Now it works great :)

good luck moonit. You should totaly dig that hole.

By semillama on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 11:15 am:

I had my oven replaced recently myself. I pay sort of high rent but I have very responsive landlords, so it's worth it. My old oven was incapable of getting above 350 degrees and all the lettering was worn off the knobs, so you had to squint at the knobs to make out the faint remnants of numbers.

my new one is white and shiny and works great.

I've considered moving to a cheaper apt. but there's several reasons why I probably won't. one is that I'm incredibly comfortable here. It has wood floors and plenty of space for the cats, and is really homey. Two is that it's damn close to work, and I can walk when I feel like it. I should walk all the time, but there's times like today, when I slept bad and was really tired and didn't feel like walking. Three is the good landlord relationship. I had a good relationship with my last landlord, but the sewer would back up in to the apt after heavy rains, so I had to leave.

Anyway, moonit, good luck with the landlord!

By Dummy on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:46 pm:

So much with stupid fucking landlord!!!!!!!
    Fuck them, all I have was his phone number, butt ,not his address, why the fuck? When we rent a house apartment. Our furance whine when the motor turned on,foundation on one corner crumbled and it required a attention care, we called, and called, and fucking called the landlord. All he making those fucking excuse on why he can't fix it... sure..... they makes profit, remember i.e. The landlord buy a townhouse, he has to pay 600 a month for mortage. We pay rent 900 a month, we pay electricity, gas ,water, sewer, etc,not the landlord. On a few occasion, when the toliet pipe leaks, we called them constantly, so, we had to repair those fucking pipe. so, the landlord makes profit..... shitfucker those lamer bastard, but ,least we ease our anger,we filed it to the better business bureau. We told the b.b.b.people that the landlord agree to make any repair at our townhouse in which he didn't, we won a month free rent. You can't find a good landlord, cuz a few good honesty landlord are fucking hard to be found.

By semillama on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:19 pm:

Everyone just shits on you, don't they Agent D?

By Antigone on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:48 pm:

<I>Fuck them, all I have was his phone number, butt ,not his address</I>

Just input the number into Google. It'll do a reverse lookup and give you the address, if there's a listing.

By Antigone on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:49 pm:

Oops. No HTML tags. This ain't slashdot. :)

By moonit on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

I'm much calmer today, and looking forward to hearing from the rpm co. Fuckers.

By moonit on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

I'm much calmer today, and looking forward to hearing from the rpm co. Fuckers.

By wisper on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 04:22 pm:

lol @ anti

--------
    Our landlord is good to us since we're such good tenants. We've called him maybe 3 times in 5 years. I do any repairs i can by myself, then just give him the receipts and he pays me back, usually with a bunch of money extra for "my trouble".

He's only come to the house once. Otherwise, he just sends service guys over for anything I can't fix ie) the furnace. That's why he pays me when i fix things, it's much cheaper for him since the service guy is like $150 per call, just to look at anything.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact