Quake data ..........GOD DAMN!!!!!!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Quake data ..........GOD DAMN!!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:12 pm:

according to Cal-Tech data, there has been approx 1188 quakes since the initial 7.1 saturday......holy fuck face!!!!!!!!!!

thats alot of shakin.........angry plates!!

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:13 pm:

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:22 pm:

I have to tell you Waffles, you're not acting like a californian.

(said without prejudice: this may be a point of pride for you.)

and btw: you didn't feel a 7.1 intensity quake. it was 7.1 at the epicenter, 32 miles north of Joshua Tree.

Not to belittle your experience. True californian's enjoy earthquakes. Your "bring it on" attitude speaks well of your potential to become one of us.

the kings and queens of the fifty states.

(if anyone says otherwise, they're obviously jealous.)

(and i don't want to hear anything from new zealanders. yes, i realize new zealand is better than any of the fifty states. no, i don't care. if it mattered, you'd have more attitude.)

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

no I actually did enjoy what I felt of this quake. it was a rather mild, rolling, soothing quake, a friend and i agreed it sorta of rocked us back to sleep, but then logic kicked in and set off internal safety alarms.......of course i slept right through the biggest one, my family thought i was nuts when i told about my desire to feel a big ass 8.0 (I suggested my parents (in NC) invest in a canoe for obvious reasons.....) not while I am at work of course....i'd like to speak with the coordinators of these things to arrange a suitable time.....preferably on a sunday afternoon when i am not doing much.....sure would break the monotony of vacuuming and negative cleaning.

on my way to becoming a better californian!

By J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 02:55 pm:

I didn,t like my bed rocking when I wasn,t,you are true Californians your CRAZY!

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:37 pm:

did you feel like you might die?

that's really special.

my next earthquake, I'm going to stand under a doorway.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:40 pm:

duck and cover. duck and cover.

doorways are bad.

in an earthquake you should run naked into the streets.

after and earthquake you should shout like the wounded.

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:41 pm:

why are doorways bad?

what is good? under desks?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:47 pm:

ya. doorways are bad because the door tends to swing shut. they used to recommend doorways, but they've changed their minds.

they being the earthquake gods, i guess.

i always just run naked into the streets. in the streets there is nothing to fall on you, and if you're naked you can't be electrocuted by fallen power lines.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 03:51 pm:

if you have rubber sneakers on you can take a jolt....then you might naked with a stiffy......and hell at that point grab yer liquor and proceed with that masturbation party idea, your halfway there

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 04:10 pm:

Don't forget to rob and loot

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:43 pm:

that would be wrong Czarina

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 06:41 pm:

didn't your parents teach you to take advantage of all natural diasters,and try to find some "good" in it?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 07:18 pm:

they taught me to beware of peeps like you......

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 07:40 pm:

Aaaah,if the world was only filled with good kind people-------then, i guess, it would be a pretty damn boring existence.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 08:09 pm:

Does anyone else, when they hear about disasters that have wiped out thousands of people, ever think that at least overpopulation is now a little less of a problem?

I don't know...my blood was warm this morning.....

By Czarina on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 08:27 pm:

Do any of you know "Walton and Johnson"?

By J on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 09:57 am:

Czarina doesn,t steal,she,s just goofing around,who is Walton and Johnson?

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:04 am:

what do maimed and crushed people need 36 inch tvs for?at this point,I do not think tv would be a priority!

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:25 am:

Walton and Johnson are the bastard stepchildren of all media

By J on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:53 am:

Now I remember you telling me about them,when you going to send the tapes?Do you still have the book with the poem about masturbating by Mark Twain?I still for some perverse reason remember most of the words to the 3 Old Whores from Baltimore:)

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:56 am:

yes Rhi, I think like you at times......mother earth is pissed, we fucked her up......seeing as how us americans use 80%of the world's resources and cause the most polution, we should be getting ours, but instead we will continue in our a/c cooled shag carpeted sunroom and watch the rest of the world eat cyclones, earthquakes and monsoons.......

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 11:59 am:

yes Rhi, I think like you at times......mother earth is pissed, we fucked her up......seeing as how us americans use 80%of the world's resources and cause the most polution, we should be getting ours, but instead we will continue in our a/c cooled shag carpeted sunroom and watch the rest of the world eat cyclones, earthquakes and monsoons.......

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 12:02 pm:

"B" has some tapes.unfortunately,i gave the book to my dead lover,and i think he took it with him,-------i miss them both so much

By J on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 12:10 pm:

This is new to me, dead lover!!! Wouldn,t you know it I can,t get in my hotmail account,are you going to be up awhile I,ll call just to hear about that.I remember when you came to see me in Tempe...hehe.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 12:21 pm:

i'm up,didn't work last night. i've got some other stuff i'm doing on the computer right now,so give about a half hour,and i'll free the line

By J on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 02:46 pm:

Czarina thought Waffles was a girl!!! L.O.L.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 02:54 pm:

Czarina implys a fem version of Czar yes? Was I alone on this.....

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 03:11 pm:

No

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:04 pm:

Waffles,i was just relating to your "softer",more addressable side,no offense meant.

By RASPUTIN on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:06 pm:

beware of Czarina......shes very self surving!

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:09 pm:

ok, now I am totally confused, i read J's post and interpreted it as "HA! waffles thought Czarina was a girl" but I know see it is the otherway around.....Czarina thought I WAS a girl....or at least according to J becasue i don't see an indication of that above. no offense taken, in fact i am not sure i know where you thought i was a girl, much less where my "softer addressable side" is revealed other than in the bathroom........but i suspect that some of this conversation was held on a private phone line, in which case only adds to my confusion. SIGH!

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 08:11 pm:

I once read in some album review or other the phrase "descriptions as accurate as Rasputin's first assassin." Isn't that an awesome simile?

By Czarina on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 09:15 am:

I've always had a soft spot for that Rasputin.

By J on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 10:39 am:

Got to give him credit,sure took alot to take him out.

By Czarina on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 10:59 am:

well,rumor had it,they did have access to Lucrecia B.'s journals

By Nate on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 12:30 pm:

I had a dream in which rasputin's evil plot to steal a whole mess of negotiable bearer-bonds was foiled by bruce willis.

By Czarina on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 06:33 pm:

Demi was behind it all,never kid yourself

By J on Friday, October 22, 1999 - 12:31 pm:

That must have something to do with Planet Hollywood closing down in Phoenix.

By GOODONE on Friday, October 22, 1999 - 02:20 pm:

It probably closed cause their bankrupt.

"Planet Hollywood Inc., a troubled theme-restaurant group owned in part by Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Sylvester Stallone, has said today that it intends to file for U.S. bankruptcy court protection.

Analysts say the company's managers were too focused on expansion at the cost of overseeing operations.

That will leave the future of 100 restaurants, from Seattle to Singapore, up in the air. Besides the 87 restaurants bearing the Planet Hollywood name, the chain has several outlets under the Official All Star Cafe name."

By J on Friday, October 22, 1999 - 02:52 pm:

I,ve been to Planet Hollywood here in Phoenix, I te there once,but no cheeseburger is worth $10.00,and they tried to rush you out when you are still eating.I suspect most people who go there once,never come back.About 3 miles from my house they opened up a Club Disney and it was always packed,but they are closing Nov.1,go figure.

By Waffles on Friday, October 22, 1999 - 03:05 pm:

you couldn't pay me to eat at those shit holes, they are not about serving good food as they are about providing tax shelters for a few horrible "actors"

By J on Friday, October 22, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

That is so right on.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact