Candle Light Vigil 9/14/01 7pm

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Candle Light Vigil 9/14/01 7pm
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:56 pm:

I have received two emails of this candle light vigil tomorrow. Ive been told its for 7pm EASTERN time.

Anyone else heard this, besides from me, in an email?

Ive been told its 7pm Eastern time...which sucks cause I'll still be at work.

Further, the sun is still out at 4pm.

Anyone have any info to share on this. Im happy to participate, just need some clarification.

By patrick on Thursday, September 13, 2001 - 06:57 pm:

oh and....id recommend BLASTING Elvis' American Trilogy at the same time at least 2-3times through.

By Jim aka Pajama on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:33 am:

when/where?

By dave. on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:46 am:

in my ass! you're invited!

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:00 am:

you're supposed to step outside with a cadle or a lighter.

no way. that's when i clock in for my shift. but it'll be a slow five minutes. it's been a slow week.

By droopy on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:46 am:

put a candle in your window.

put a candle in dave's ass and light it. then take a picture. post it here. post it all over the web. let it be seen the world over as the symbol of the hope of america. dave's ass will pull us through. people will look at dave's ass and say "yes, this what america is all about." our servicemen will have posters of dave's ass - just like betty grable's ass in ww2, so will dave's ass be in ww3.

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:48 am:

"the society of capitalist pacifists
    operates a small stand
    on fifth and main:
    MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR!
    condoms $5."

By dave. on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 02:18 am:

hee!

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 02:37 am:

"hee!" to what?

By dave. on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 02:47 am:

hee to celebrating my ass.

By TBone on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 11:43 am:

I should set up a stand the society of communist pacifists
    "Make Love Not War!
    Free Condoms
    Please Share"

By Czarina on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:00 pm:

We Americans,can all feel safe,knowing we are sheltered by Dave's ass.

By droopy on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

give me dave's ass or give me death.

By Czarina on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:04 pm:

We all stand uninted,in Dave's ass.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:08 pm:

id like to dissent please.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

The mental picture I just got of this is not pretty.

I'll take someone elses bottom as my symbol.

I just can't make up my mind which one of our lovely young ladies I'd prefer.

By Czarina on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:25 pm:

Are you telling us that you are are a dissenter,of Daves ass?Which the dictonary defines as "to sit apart".Is this a pun?

By sarah on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

it always comes down to ass. the lowest common denominator.

no offense, dave.

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:47 pm:

we should make a new flag with dave's ass on it.

well tell me, tbone, would you rather pay $5 to support the capitalist pacifists and use a new condom, or borrow a "second-hand" condom from the communist pacifists?

By Hal on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

I haven't seen Dave's ass, I would prefer pictures before I choose to unite myself under dave's ass.

By Alex on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

comunist pASSifists:
    Daves ass for all
    please share

By Alex on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

allthough if anyone has a better ass going then perhaps we could use thatone too, like a male ass for the women and a female ass for the men to unite the world !!!?

By pez on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:14 pm:

i haven't seen dave's as either, but it's funny to talk about.

"pictures before I choose to unite myself under dave's ass."

heh.

By droop on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

dave's ass is not the lowest common denominator, people who fly planes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people are. next to them, dave's foul, hairy, odoriferous ass is sublime.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 02:55 pm:

So, um, anyway....how long is the vigil supposed to last? How long do I have to stand outside on my balcony?

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

just light a bunch of candles.

I intend to go out and sip some wine, light a shit load of incense and candles, and leave them there all night.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

I've got a shitload of candles and lanterns I can line up on the balcony railing, too, but no wine. Well, some cooking wine, but that's not something I want to sip. I do have some vodka in the cabinet. Hmmmm...

I wish at least one of you guys were visiting me right now. I feel high lonesome, I tell you.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

awwww sweetie....id love to hang. im bout ready for a pint meself.

i have a few boxes of those little tea candles....to line up on my balcony too.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

Sorry Spider, DC is just to far for a droppin.

That and the wife would deffinately not approve.

By droopy on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

i'm not good a communal grieving. i grieve alone. i'm just going to play the lonesomest blues i can lay my hands on and drink.

this morning someone sent me a slideshow of some of the worst pictures of the wtc that i have yet seen.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 04:21 pm:

This might be dumb:

I'm not much of a drinker. Can you drink vodka straight or do you need to mix it with something? What if you drink it with ice, is that okay? Will it taste like a martini? (I can't stand martinis.)

I need a drink. The anxiety's starting again. The lights flickered a few times here about 1/2 hour ago, and that gave me a big fright.

I can't tell you how I felt on Tuesday when, around 11:30, I heard helicopters fly over my work building. It took me a few seconds, and then I thought "they must be from the naval hospital going to the Pentagon." And then it hit me -- I'm here. This isn't just happening on TV, it's happening right here, right here. And I'm lucky - I live outside the District, by a few yards. My poor friend Laura works about 3 blocks from the White House and she lives about 8 blocks from the WH. She hasn't been able to sleep since Monday night.

I cried for a couple hours last night. I was so close to picking up at 11 pm and driving home to Pennsylvania where I'd be far from any targets. Maybe I'll go home tonight. After the vigil. I'll take pictures of my candles. I'm looking forward to setting them all up.

By J on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

Do you have any orange juice or tomatoe juice,they are good with vodka.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 04:34 pm:

I've got orange juice. How much do you mix in? Is it half and half?

I think I have some Kahlua, too. I wish I had some Bailey's.....mmmmmmm, Bailey's....

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

cranberry is good. various hansons berry flavored sodas are also good and if you are low on options, sprite or 7-up will do.

dont do half and half. you'll be out with one. though i dont measure.....i usually put 1/3rd mixer, 1/3rd vodka, and top if off with mixer. I pour it this way as well, as opposed to mixer then vodka or vice versa.

Baileys is best on coffee.

dont be mixing that or kahlua with vodka unless you want to puke.

By J on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

You could mix it half and half,but you don't drink much,so just toss a shot or two in the juice at a time.If you have some milk & coke-a-cola.You can drink what I drink.

By J on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:31 pm:

And I never puke.

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:37 pm:

we are talking to spider here j....shes not professionals like ourselves.
    milk & coke?? thats fucking nasty. milk should be no where near alcohol drinks

By The Watcher on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:55 pm:

Spider, whatever you use, make it lite.

You're not experienced.

I wish I could join you. But, alcohol and antihistamines don't go togeather.

God, I hope I didn't mess this up my eyes aren't working together yet.

You should see what I see when I try to read anything.

By Margret on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:55 pm:

Spider, here's what you need to do;
    pour the juice of your choice over ice...fill the glass 5/6ths of the way...
    Tip the vodka bottle and count 1 meow 2 meow 3 meow 4 meow then STOP.
    That's a weak 4 count, and I cannot in good conscience recommend more alcohol than that for you.
    If you like tartness I recommend a blend of cranberry juice and grapefruit juice.
    Martinis suck ass.

By The Watcher on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 05:59 pm:

I'd say less than that.

Just to start.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 06:36 pm:

Thanks! I'm home now, and I see I have no orange juice. I'm about to run across the street (here's one good thing about living where I do) and get me some before 7.

Thanks especially for taking my virgin liver into account -- I told you I was stumbling around after one glass of wine a few weeks ago, right? I'll sip slowly and I'm not planning on going out after that anyway, so I'll be okay.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 06:37 pm:

Oh! The vigil is tomorrow? Fuck that, I'm doing it tonight too. I like candles.

I just cracked myself up.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 06:38 pm:

Strike that. Sorry, I'm not thinking straight.

By Spider on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

OK! So I lit my candles and my two lanterns on the railing. I see two other people across the way with candles out.

I've got my screwdriver. I'm eating a bagel and cream cheese to ensure sobriety.

I've got Erik Satie on the stereo.

Now I've got cream cheese on my wrist.

I'm going to sit outside on the balcony now and contemplate the Universe. Patrick, others, I hope you're joining me.

Selah!

By patrick on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

well its not 7pm her. its 4:30. I dont have candles or a balcony here at work and its still light out.

why on earth do you have a screwdriver?

oh wait...SCREWdrive...as in drink.

i was thinking you had a philips head in your back pocket....for you know, protection. that would have been cute.

By Hal on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

Get a shot glass and do shots of vodka till you can't stand any more... then go play on the computer. Thats what I do.
    Spider I would come and visit you but its a distance issue, but don't worry the first chance I get to go to DC I'll be there.

By agatha on Friday, September 14, 2001 - 08:44 pm:

dave's ass is big enough to shelter us all, trust me.

spider, i'm really enjoying the image of you drinking a screwdriver by candlelight and eating a bagel.

By moonit on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 02:19 am:

I was with Patrick with the phillips screwdriver. Wierd.

Vodka does go with Kahula and coke. Black Russian.

By wisper on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

i pledge allegiance to dave's ass, and the
    country which it eclipses.

By dave. on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

welcome to my ass.

By Spider on Saturday, September 15, 2001 - 04:34 pm:

Phillips screwdriver in my back pocket for protection....hee hee! That *would* be cute.

I enjoyed myself, too, Agatha. I'll have to do that more often.

By patrick on Monday, September 17, 2001 - 12:16 pm:

quite of few of my neighbors followed suit. in fact my next door neighbors were so sweet, they gavce us a bunch of roses, jsut for being good neighbors. how sweet.

i sat there, drinking Sam Adams and evauluated where I stand.

Im still thinking of where i stand.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact