news, maybe not, but important to me...

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: news, maybe not, but important to me...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 02:36 am:

i've got the job.

for those of you who hadn't heard, since moving i've had to set aside over one hour to get to work on public transit. so i talked to the people at the local store and got an interview with the electronics department.

which took place yesterday (or noticing it's after midnight, two days ago).

around two, as i was getting ready to go to work, i got a phone call.

i got the job. two weeks from now, pez will become an electronics maven at the interstate fred meyer. i will develop photographs. i will listen to rap and r&b. i will lift and move televisions on a regular basis.

it will take me 20 minutes to get to work if i walk.

it makes me happy that every time i've had an interview, i've gotten the job. yow!

By eri on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 07:29 am:

Congratulations pez. I love that feeling too. I am glad you will be able to spend less time on the road (so to speak) and you got the job you wanted.

By pez on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 12:14 pm:

thanks.

i'm thinking that i'll find some good things to do with the time i save, like learning how to bake bread, doing volunteer work, writing more or something.

it takes like ten minutes to get to work by bike, maybe i'll work on it more. i love my bike. it's 21 speeds, bright shimmery green. i had fenders and a rack put on it, and it carrys a crate on the rack, held on by bungees. i got new handlebar grips, bright green glitter and i will make pompoms for it too if i can find some green mylar to shred.

i am going to ask my boss if i can have thursday, friday and saturday off during my last week. i haven't had more than two days off at a time in months (it would be scheduled but i'd end up taking on extra shifts) so it'll be nice.

By eri on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

Bikes are fun. I used to have an old Schwinn. It was green glitter. It belonged to my aunt when she was a teenager. Unfortunately it broke during the move to Missouri (Misery) and the moving company only gave me $12 for it. I have a 10 speed now. I would love to take Mikayla for rides during the day, but they don't have sidewalks here and the bike seat for her is $50. Needless to say, we don't ride as a family.

I haven't had free time for quite a while. I like to play my violin or practice in my point shoes. Of course, now I will have a large redecorating project ahead, as we move Grandma's things. We get her dining room hutch, her secretary, her bookcase, her living room mirror, a dresser for Hayley, her swag lamp, etc, etc. My house is going to look completely different within the next couple of months. That will definately take up some time. I need a bigger house :)

I hope the new job works out well for you and that you are able to enjoy the extra time you have.

By Hal on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

And you can do the lifting...

I'm impressed Pez, good for you.

:)

By pez on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 02:53 am:

see my big grrrlie muscles?

grrrrrrr....

i am making a cheerleader skirt for halloween. and i'm very hyper. i just watched 10 things i hate about you and i'm glad i don't act like bianca. and i'm away from my sister who does.

and don't you dare type my name as a capital.

By Xyrea on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:49 am:

Only problem with that movie is that I am unable to envision even a rich kid carrying $100 around in his pockets. "Hello, lunch lady. I'm sorry, all I have today are fifties. Do you have any change?"

By Ophelia on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 05:20 pm:

that movie makes me angry. i like kat at the beginning, but then she goes and gets all gooey.

By Xyrea on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

Keith Ledger. Seriously, who wouldn't get gooey over that body & accent?

By moonit on Tuesday, October 30, 2001 - 11:29 pm:

It's Heath.

*sigh*

How sad am I, at 26, knowing that name.

By pez on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:37 am:

its ok.

it's a shitty movie but it's better than most.

ghost world rocks.

By dave. on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:44 am:

ghost dog rocks.

By agatha on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 02:31 am:

god, i hated that movie, ten things. what a waste of time.

dogma, though, that was all right!

also. ghost dog.

i'm excited to see ghost world.

and let's not forget the always classic ghostbusters.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 08:42 am:

Space Ghost rocks.

Always entertaining.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 09:00 am:

Space Ghost! "I can open a can of spinach with my butt muscles!" I love him!

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 09:45 am:

He's my kinda guy!

By agatha on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 11:51 am:

damn. i forgot space ghost.

damn.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

Thats almost criminal,agatha.

By pez on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:24 pm:

well, i've finally found my quickie costume idea to wear to work tonight.

einsame la calzino:
    einsame, a little girl unknown descent, lived in a laundromat run by her ill mother. she was eight years old when her mother died.

with no friends or family to help her and not wanting to become a ward of the state, einsame attempted to run the laundromat on her own.

all was well until one day when she crawled into an industrial-sized dryer to make some repairs. it was after hours and the place was locked up, but someone closed the door, locking her inside, and turned the dryer on.

einsame struggled to escape, eventually falling out a large hole that opened up in the back of the dryer. she fell through the portal into the land of lonely socks.

the socks educated her in the ways of running a laundromat and in return she has devoted her life to reuniting pairs of lonely socks.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

THE SOCK QUEEN....

I'm wearing my bathrobe, whats ironic is, I choose this about a week and a half ago... 2 days ago I got sick, and so either way dress up or not I'll be bathrobin it.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

I have an awesome hippie costume, complete with belbottoms that I sewed myself, an embroidered linen top, headband, beads, bare feet (or birkenstocks where shoes are needed),and an old child sized guitar (which was all broken, so I taped it together then took a permanent marker to it for peace signs, etc.). The best part is the pants, though, because I made them and I'm so proud of them.

By J on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

I've got a vintage red,white,and blue leather vest with white stars on it and really long fringe,very hippie.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:19 pm:

any chance you could get that on in the buff and post a pic?

that would be a hoot!

By pez on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

einsame le calzino = a mixture of german, french and italian overall meaning "the lonely sock".

i've borrowed 15 lonely socks from two roomies. i will work a seven hour shift tonight with five socks and a pair of tights (they have runs) on my head. and i will be wearing a mismatched pair of socks on my feet.

at least it's semi-appropriate for my job.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact