Southern States Are Least Healthy

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Southern States Are Least Healthy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By unhealthy Southerner on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 09:26 am:

The UnitedHealth Foundation ranks New Hampshire as the healthiest state for the sixth time in the 13 years of the rankings. In the top 10, New Hampshire is followed by Minnesota, Massachusetts, Utah, Connecticut, Vermont, Iowa, Colorado, North Dakota, and Maine.

The least healthy state is Louisiana. The bottom ten are West Virginia, New Mexico, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma, Arkansas, South Carolina, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
    --------------------------------------------------

State Health Rankings

1. New Hampshire

2. Minnesota

3 Massachusetts

4. Utah

5. Connecticut

6. Vermont

7. Iowa (tie)

7. Colorado (tie)

9. North Dakota

10. Maine

11. Washington (tie)

11. Wisconsin (tie)

13. Rhode Island

14. Hawaii

15. Nebraska

16. South Dakota

17. Oregon

18. Virginia

19. New Jersey

20. Idaho

21. Kansas

22. Indiana

23. Pennsylvania

24. Montana (tie)

24. California (tie)

26. Wyoming

27. Ohio

28. Maryland

29. Michigan

30. Alaska

31. Illinois

32. New York (tie)

32. Missouri (tie)

34. Arizona

35. Delaware

36. North Carolina

37. Texas

38. Nevada

39. Kentucky

40. Georgia

41. West Virginia

42. New Mexico

43. Florida

44. Tennessee

45. Alabama

46. Oklahoma

47. Arkansas

48. South Carolina

49. Mississippi

50. Louisiana

By agatha on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 08:07 pm:

based on what criteria, pleez?

By trace on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 09:14 pm:

By Platypus on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:44 pm:

24!

By Czarina on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:44 am:

Here I am........leading the nation in foulness!

By kazoo on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 09:30 am:

40. Georgia

no wonder I haven't felt so good lately

By semillama on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 09:49 am:

It's all that humidity.

By unhealthy Southerner spunky on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 10:09 am:

37! How did that happen? I thought GWB ran the most polluted state in the union (not that 13th from the worst is all that good)

By sarah on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 10:57 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact