we're all gonna DIE!!!!

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: we're all gonna DIE!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:20 pm:

everyone be on alert, because the terrorists are attacking today!!!! We don't know how or when or why, but goddamn it, they're gonna kill someone!! TODAY! and they're gonna be 'Spectacular'!
    ----
    "Sources suggest al-Qaida may favor spectacular attacks that meet several criteria: High symbolic value, mass casualties, severe damage to the U.S. economy and maximum psychological trauma," says the alert, which was posted on the FBI's Web site early Friday after its existence was reported by The New York Times and The Associated Press.

The highest priority targets remain within the aviation, petroleum and nuclear sectors, as well as significant national landmarks, the warning says.

"Target vulnerability and likelihood of success may be as important to a weakened al-Qaida as the target's prominence," according to the warning.

"Thus, al-Qaida's next attack may rely on conventional explosives and low-technology platforms such as truck bombs, commercial or private aircraft, small watercraft, or explosives easily concealed and planted by terrorist operatives," it said.
    ------
    HOLY SHIT! you heard her! dig a big hole and don't come out today! Thank god they warned you to stay the hell away from trucks, landmarks, crouds, power stations, planes, boats, cities and small towns. Don't you feel so safe? Aren't you glad they warned you? No doubt thousands of lives will be saved today, thanks to their warning us.

By Spider on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:24 pm:

I love it --

"White House spokesman Scott McClellan cited the lack of any intelligence about specific time, date, location or method of possible attack as the reason for keeping the nation's official terrorist threat level at code yellow..."

By patrick on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

like its been cited before...fear factor.

they don't kill bin laden to keep this grip on us for years to come.

fear allows the government to get away with shit like the Patriot Act, the Homeland Security Act, that island in Cuba in which the Geneva Convention is being ignored, Poindexter's super computer idea of tracking every thing you do and criminal wars like the one coming next month.

I heard some dumb bitch on NPR, when being asked about the idea Poindexter is pushing forward...she said "if you have nothing to hide, then I don't see the problem in the government tracking your library books".

i wanted to slap her. Idiot.

By Nate on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:44 pm:

pot
    beer
    football

By wisper on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

you just have to cut it down, Spider.
    see?:
    "White House spokesman Scott McClellan cited the lack of any intelligence."<--- period. enquote.

By trace on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

I hate that arguement as well.
    And I do not have anything to hide.
    I have, concerns, about that database.
    A big one, that compiles 4-5 gigs worth of data that an SQL statement can digest and spit out data that can be compiled into a report.........

Remember one thing about that audio tape.
    That is all it is.
    No way to prove it really is him.
    Think about what can be done these days with remastering.
    You can even make Cher sound like she is actually singing!
    You can make dead men talk.

By patrick on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

speakin of pot.

im so fuckin stoked.

back in may, i found a couple of seeds in some high powered weed i had. i threw it in a pot on my balcony. watered it every day but essentially left it alone. didnt use any special fertilizer, didnt regulate its sunlight or anything.

it skyrocketed, erm, like a weed, and by sept it was a few feet high, with sticky, smelly-good buds on it. i mean stanky, stanky shit.

after drying it out for a month, i finally got to it last night, after seperating the massive amounts of seeds (i seperated the male too late in june), i smoked some.

i was completely stoned. it still smells fantastic, nothing like ditchweed or typical homegrown. i m proud and surprised at my first attempt at waffle weed!

*for the feds watching, the single plant (that CA law can make an exception for possessing) has been destroyed, i harvested less than an ounce so if you wish to seek me out for misdemeanor possession, i wont hide.

By dave. on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

dave ross, one of my favorite talk radio guys (he's local except for when he covers for osgood's report), was op-edding about why "millionaire" bin laden can't seem to find a decent tape recorder when any idiot teenager can make an mp3 and send it around the world. why are bin laden's messages of such poor quality that it takes a team of professional guessers several days to decipher it and declare it most likely authentic?

america's testicles have retracted so far up into its flabby abdomen that they've become transformed into ovaries. that's why they call it hysteria.

By patrick on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:10 pm:

come try my homegrown and watch hockey with me dave.

By Czarina on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:44 pm:

I have things to hide..........

By patrick on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 05:56 pm:

hide the sausage?

By dave. on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 08:52 pm:

weed makes me paranoid.

By Christopher on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 09:19 pm:

So, I'm sitting on the 48 heading down from Potrero Hill. As the bus is letting people board, I hear from across the street "Wait! Hold the bus!", and see a beautifully coiffed old grandmother type hoofing it toward us. As She boards, I hear her say something to the driver, then she walks to her seat. The bus driver is GLARING at her in his mirror. A bunch of people get on at the next stop, and someone gets up to leave. Apparently this is one of the "good" seats, and Grandma lunges for it. At the same time a college age guy is just getting ready to snag it, the old woman shoves her face at him...and hisses!! She was the embodiment of all evil in her little white kerchief and bouffant hair! The college guy shrank back, and Grandma siezed the seat, triumphant and quite insane looking; Her startlingly white face and hair, and those bulging, bright blue eye...

By weed on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:52 pm:

get away from me.

By me on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 11:19 pm:

what are you looking at?

By J on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

That could have been my mom.

By Platypus on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 10:48 am:

That sounds like the Asian ladies that get on at twelfth street BART. They are hardcore.

By Czarina on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

She hissed?

By patrick on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 12:56 pm:

i still insist feisty old Armenian cart-women are the fucking meanest when it comes to manners on publis transportation.

By agatha on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 03:50 pm:

This retarded guy on the bus today totally freaked me out. The busdriver, one of my former regulars that I haven't seen in awhile, was asking about Cleo, how old she was and stuff. I said she was eight, and the guy said, "Soon, she will die." I turned around and gaped at him, and he looked down like he realized that he had just said something fucked up. He got off at the next stop. Now, I can't stop thinking about it.

Dave, it was your favorite retarded guy, the one that sings in Old School.

By patrick on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 03:59 pm:

kick his ass dave!

By moonit on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 09:42 pm:

Dave has a favourite retard guy?

This retard woman on the bus tells you off if you try to get off at the front door.

By dave. on Monday, November 18, 2002 - 10:54 pm:

i will confront him in a hollywood, sci-fi thriller kind of way. god dammit, i hate the creepy idiot savants.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:12 am:

this dude is creepy. he knows more anagrams than i could ever possibly retain in a lifetime.

i was kidding when i called him dave's favorite retarded guy. he's not.

sometimes, he wears a helmet and white sweatpants.

By Christopher on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:33 am:

some anagrams of my name are:

CIRRHOSES HIPSTER
    RICHER PROSTHESIS
    OSTRICH PERISHERS

But my favorite is:

CRISPER HORSESHIT

If you haven't seen it, you should check it out:

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

P.S. Yeah, she actually hissed..."HSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" It was alarming.

By Gee on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:15 am:

what do you think? Man the Hunter or Woman the Gatherer?

and then there's the lesser known Man the Scavenger.

that whole thing about string? Who knew string could be so significant to human technological development!

how are you supposed to remember so much stuff?? Semillama, will you take my exams for me?

By Czarina on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:56 am:

Lucky for him he's wearing that helmet. Maybe its a learned behavior..........

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 11:41 am:

dave you should confront him in a matching manner of insanity. if i could, id offer you this vintage motorcycle helmet we have and perhaps my hockey jersey. challenge him to some sort of sidewalk duel.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 11:57 am:

he's retarded, for crying out loud!

i thought a true anagram had to read the same forwards and backwards. i like racecar...

racecar...racecar...RACECAR!

By kazoo on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 11:59 am:

that's a palindrome

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:09 pm:

right....

that's what i meant.

By spunkmasterfuckstick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:18 pm:

"he's retarded, for crying out loud!"

pffffffft like thats any excuse for his behavior now.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

spunky, you're kidding, right?

By spunkwad on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

im so sick of people using their childhood and their mental retarditions as any excuse for their behavor as adults.

its time we stop making escuses for these people.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

Holy cow, between what I learned about Brazil and now "being retarded is no excuse for not behaving appropriately in public," my skull is going to permanently change shape from the force of my brain exploding.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 01:50 pm:

he's got to be kidding.

it's time you stop making excuses for your spelling, spunky.

By spunk conservatively on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

im being serious.

they get the death penalty here in Texas, so clearly the government thinks they are responsible for their actions. I dont see of any reason why this particalar guy should feel the hot wrath of dave's fists of fury.

I learned early on there are prices to pay for my actions. that is a lesson anyone can learn. no one should be exception to the law, no matter what we know.

By spunky on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:36 pm:

Patrick,
    cut it out.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:44 pm:

hee!

agatha, spider.....you two win the "Gulliable Cutey" award for the month of Nov.

congrats

By Spider on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 02:50 pm:

What the-? He just said he's being serious. Why are Agatha and I gullible for believing him?

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

hells bells spider... you might even get "Gulliable Cutey" of the YEAR!!!

By Spider on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:25 pm:

Oh, I get it. I get jokes. I thought "Patrick, quit it" was a response to something written earlier.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:36 pm:

i didn't believe him. i still think you need to work on your spelling, though, spunk. take a class, or something.

i'm going to the doctor now.

By trace on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:48 pm:

It wasn't me, geez

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:59 pm:

hehe damn i must have been convincing. the deliberate mispellings sealed the deal.

By Czarina on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 03:59 pm:

If it was,you'd best put that helmet on yourself.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:07 pm:

ok. i love wearing the helmet. its very 60s mod chic.

By spunky on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 04:27 pm:

I may be bad at spelling, but not THAT bad....

By patrick on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 05:02 pm:

yeahhhhh its that bad at times homeboy.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 - 09:12 pm:

patrick, admit it, you didn't spell those wrong intentionally.

i thought trace was kidding. i didn't think patrick was posing as trace. i guess i am gullible.

i have to be one of those women who wear wrist braces at work now. waaah.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 11:55 am:

um. agatha. I DID spell them incorrectly with intent! i selected words trace is most likely, in my mind, to screw up.

fer real..

not lying.

and i thought i did a damn good job too!

besides, 90% of my misspellings come from lack of proofreading, typos and knee-jerk key strokes, not lack of knowing how to spell.

i have noticed spunks misspellings are often comprised of using different vowels and letter combinations, implying he didnt know how to spell it correctly to begin with.

By agatha on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

true, that. very convincing. i was fairly horrified by that particular batch of mispellings.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact