OVERSIMULATED SUBURBIA, (PLEASE READ)

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: OVERSIMULATED SUBURBIA, (PLEASE READ)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Anonymouseus on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

By Spider on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 12:32 pm:

The sickest thing about playing the Sims is that you start to see real life in terms of the game.

I know...I WAS A SIMS ADDICT.

My favorite house was constructed in shot-gun style, with all the rooms decorated in cheerful Americana, save for the back room, which had steel floors, bars on the metal doors, H.R. Giger wallpaper, bondage gear in the corners, and one mightily addictive enhanced VR machine that raised the Sims' energy levels without sleep. The neighbors would rush for that room upon entering the house. It was great!

By Nate on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:09 pm:

that is very revealing, spider.

By patrick on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

you really need a boy friend spider.

i say that will all my love.

By Spider on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

Jeez, lighten up. It's a game.

By wisper on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 01:34 pm:

"In the game, as in life, you just keep doing the dishes until you die."

that's so depressing. It reminds me of the Virtual Yardwork Simulator from the Simpsons.

Spider, i know how you feel, i was hooked on Zoo Tycoon for a month or so. It's so strange, being that into a virtual world. I'd wake up and the first thought in my head would be if my zebras were eating enough.

But eventually (just like on the commercial) i opened up the lion cage and let them eat all the guests. Those ungratefull bastards never could have enough ice-cream stands, or find one of the 10 bathrooms anyway. They littered too.

By Spider on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 02:04 pm:

What is this Zoo Tycoon of which you speak? Can you choose which animals you have?

By trace on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 02:08 pm:

My favorite "Tycoon" is Roller Coaster Tycoon.
    I have all three of the original versions and RCT2.
    Almost 30 years old, and I still play with my rollercoasters....
    Silent Hill 2 is coming out for the PC in December. I cannot wait.

By Gee on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:17 pm:

Patrick, you really need to mind your own fucking business. stop poking your condescending nose into people's personal lives when they haven't invited you.

I tried so hard not to say anything. but this is SO pissing me off.

By wisper on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:25 pm:

Zoo Tycoon, along with Roller Coaster Tycoon, is microsoft's answer to games like SimCity and Civilizations.

you get a set amount of $ to start, and use it to design your zoo, then you build cages and terrains, then you can choose your animals based on how much $ you have. The more visitors you get, the more $$$ you make, and you can buy bigger and better stuff (like penguins, or a gift shop!). Sometimes the animals have babies, sometimes they get sick, sometimes they hate their keepers, sometimes you let the alligator into the moose exhibit for cheap laughs.

But it all ends the same, you losing sleep because the baby ostrich isn't growning fast enough. Or the visitor polls say the hot-dog quality is going downhill. So you have to raise the prices. It's so detailed. It's so fucking fun. And now the expansion packs let you get dinosaurs!!!

By patrick on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

this is a message board gee.

you invite unwanted opinons the moment you click "post message".

but thanks for YOUR unwanted opinion anyway.

By moonit on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 04:16 pm:

Oh I love the Sims. Right now though I'm playing Emperor - Rise of the Middle Kingdom.

Rocks

By Lapis on Monday, November 25, 2002 - 10:39 pm:

Geeks! Nerds! Bwahahahahaha! I don't play those silly little games so therefore one day I SHALL RULE THE WORLD!!!!

I wish, anyway.

By heather on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:47 am:

you all don't got a clue how funny this is

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 11:49 am:

and you arent going to clue is in either are you heather?

By spunky on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 11:51 am:

does she really need to? Is it not obvious?

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:07 pm:

i admit to putting no thought at all in this.

i have 27 1/2 other things in my head right now.

By trace on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

I understand.

Good game. I told you I sucked

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

im no chess hero myself, you held in there nicely....another?

i fuckin hate moving.

it has to be up there with (im guessing) root canals and (im guessing) being taken to court.

By trace on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

I am putting it off as long as I can.
    We might still have to move to Alabama early next year.

By heather on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

it's not obvious, trace

maybe ask nate

By patrick on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 02:21 pm:

see, i told you she wouldnt divulge.

trace, its uppity Harvard brainiac shit.

By trace on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 02:22 pm:

I thought maybe she was aluding to the fact that members of our virtual community here making fun of people for playing a virtual community game....

By Gee on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 - 03:06 pm:

Patrick, send me an email.

By heather on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 01:11 pm:

it ain't uppity at all. nor deep.

i was trying to help with that by my not so uppity lang-rage

it's about my employment

By Nate on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 01:36 pm:

and it's about as far from uppity Harvard brainiac shit as you can get.

hahah dorks.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 03:43 pm:

whatever it was...its my low brow way of saying im envious and intimidated by your education.

hahahahaha

get me a beer bitch, im outta here in a few.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact