Small Aircraft Crashes Into Federal Reserve Bank Building

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Small Aircraft Crashes Into Federal Reserve Bank Building
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 08:20 am:

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 08:54 am:

This is not a terrorist action.

Unless the terrorist hate us because we have office christmas parties.

Hey, there's a new Get Your War On

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 09:24 am:

Oh, so when they said they were hitting financial interests in the US, they did not mean a financial institution that is celebrating a non-Muslim holiday, with a media outlet in the same building.
    And the warning about something happening on December 5 or 6 does not apply, correct?
    Come to reality, if you do not mind.
    I have noticed that this story is missing from the national media.
    That alone makes me suspicious.
    Any other time, a plane hitting a national reserve bank would be all over the national press.

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 09:37 am:

By dave. on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 09:59 am:

at least there's solid evidence it was a plane. unlike the pentagon crash.

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 10:27 am:

It may have very well been a stupid accident.
    I'm not disputing that.
    It just seems like the mainstream American Press seems to be suppressing stories that might have terrorist links. At least things that have happened inside the US.
    Most likely this is being done to keep panic at a minimum.
    There were lots of car bombs that went off all over the US on 9/11/01 that were not reported.
    The stories about the cruise ships are being seen as a "food poisoning" epidemic versus some kind of biological or chemical attack. I think it is otherwise, because it has hit so many different liners, and it has been the same illness.
    And it follows what the terrorists have targeted as of late, financial targets or tourist attractions.

By Nate on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 10:34 am:

dave.'s been duped by the frogs!

don't doubt the power of american ignorance, punchy. in this great nation you can tell the people what to think, act in line with how you've told the people to think, and enjoy remarkable approval.

if joe blow american was told by the government that this was all terrorism, where would our country be? would the economy fall apart?

if there were a lot of car bombs that went off and weren't reported, where'd you hear about them?

By Nate on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 10:40 am:

and sem, i am most amused by page sixteen where we are thrust into the authentic mid-1800s by the addition of mutton chops and X's through the computer.

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 10:50 am:

By spunky on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 11:13 am:

that site has hours of fun.
    Except it identified ME as a terrorist....

By jack on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 11:31 am:

I found out about this plane crash from the alternative media outlet known as CNN.

I filled in none of the buttons in the terrorist test and found out that my neighbors are terrorists. That site was truly seconds of fun.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 11:47 am:

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 11:52 am:

oh for pete's sake. how silly.

the author of get your war on was here the other night, signing copies of some book at some arlterna-artspace in chinatown and appearing at an after-party in hollywood of some psuedo-artist fuckwit types, or so my friend told. i didnt go. i love his comics that he sorta stumbled upon, but Im not sure im ready to commit to a mass gathering to celebrate them just yet.

god damn i think page 16 is one of the best yet.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 12:02 pm:

Patrick, have you been able to get into It's your turn?

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 12:19 pm:

yeah, that guy makes me giggle. It reminds me of Sealab 2021.

and claiming something happened but refusing to cite sources or evidence is a huge pussy move, btw.

By jack on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

it shows nothing of the sort, trace.
    it didn't engage me because i've heard it all before, but thanks anyway. if it's new to you, laugh your head off.

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 12:27 pm:

no spunk

By spunk on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

and claiming something happened but refusing to cite sources or evidence is a huge pussy move, btw.

what sem????

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:38 pm:

what the fuck are any of you monkeys talking about.

(note i used a period rather than a question mark)

hey spunk itsyourturn appears to be up and running now.

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

Did I stutter? If I say that UFOs exist but can or won't advance any evidence or cite sources, then my claim is bs. Same for anything else.

By Chuckles on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

my dick is so huge

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

oh, I see.
    Kinda think headed today....

By spunky on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:53 pm:

see???
    I cant even spell thick

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 02:57 pm:

trace why he fuck are you so alarmist?

small planes crash all the time. its a fucking coincidence it crashed into federal reserve building.

al qaida attacks with more fan fare than that. they would have loaded that plane with enough explosives to level the building. the damn thing pretty much bounced off the wall and burned itself up injuring no one but the pilot it seems. moreover, why would they target a small one-story federal reserve bank in the evening? it doesnt make any damn sense that it would be a terrorist act.

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 03:45 pm:

good little toad.
    You know what they say about toads and frogs?
    If you turn the heat up a little at a time, they never jump out. They sit there until they are boiled to death.

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

I am getting my stuff together, and when I have my facts straight and my sources available, I will share it with you.
    Let there be no doubt.
    There have been terrorist hits in the US since at least 1993.
    10 years. Right around you.
    Planes have been knocked down from the sky, car bombs set off, "strange viruses" have been released.
    And our media, mainstream, US Based media, has been lying to you.

Patrick, you claim to be relatively smart, and I believe you are.
    But you still spout the same junk science, the same economic scare jargon, the same anti bill of rights crap that most of the media has been spouting for 10 damn years.

That does not make you intelligent, that makes you a dupe.

By Spider on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

Poor little frog. Do you read "Life Is Hell," trace?

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:07 pm:

I don't think that's trace. Trace doesn't seem to have as mean a core as punchy.

I wonder if it's this jerk named Lance that plagues teh subgenius yahoo group list?

By Spider on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

Oh, I think it is Trace. He does that weird carriage return after nearly every sentence, too.

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

same IP sem.

he's been reading some conspiracy theories as of late. its funny. you can always tell what spunk has been reading as of late, by his posts. now he's going art bell on us.

"Patrick, you claim to be relatively smart, and I believe you are.
    But you still spout the same junk science, the same economic scare jargon, the same anti bill of rights crap that most of the media has been spouting for 10 damn years."

see, this doesnt even make sense. anti-bill of rights? junk science?

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:12 pm:

moreover sem, he's responding to me when i addressed him as trace.

he's been totally influenced by his recent reading of that counter punch website he posted the other day.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

By Spider on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:21 pm:

(Sem, I hope I didn't sound condescending toward you when I wrote, "Oh, I think it is Trace." I didn't mean it that way.)

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:23 pm:

the Psuedoname Counter Punch refers to countering the crap you get from the national media.
    Yes, Junk Science. Yes, Anti-Bill of rights garbage.

The folks in the White House are NOT true Conservatives or Republicans.
    However, I would take them any day over clinton/gore

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:24 pm:

I am not trying to be mean, or sneaky.
    I feel there is some real stuff that has been glazed over on here, so I figured a new handle and writing style might help me get my points across.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

What is Life Is Hell?

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:32 pm:

spunk, can you explain exactly where i've spouted "anti-bill of rights garbage?"

as far as im concerned, your support of the bush administration is far more anti-bill of rights. and yes, you DO support the administration, its current and soon-to-come illegal war, its illegal detaining of prisoners of war and so on.

you arent mean or sneaky, you're just easily influenced thats all and its reflected in your rants here.

you still cite clinton/gore when saying bush/cheney. this tells me you havent learned a fucking thing. you have to realize its not one or the other. its the whole fucking thing. clinton/gore, bush/cheney, who the fuck ever. it doesnt matter, and you're too chicken shit to realize that. you still cant condemn one without citing the other.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:44 pm:

As far as the bill of rights goes,
    who you been banging over there at the 9th?

By Counter Punch on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 04:58 pm:

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

Check that maps source? Some wacko who wrote a "Cosmic Conspiracy " book.

I'm into wackos, and I know 'em when I see 'em.

The reason I didn't want Trace to be Counter punch is that Counter Punch is a WACKO, and it's bad news of all sorts in trace's life if he's the same guy, and it makes me sad.

By semillama on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 05:15 pm:

Plus, I've noticed that since you began to really rant and rave about right-winger conspiracy theories, Eri's presence here vanished, and that makes me sad as well.

By patrick on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

are you referring to the 9th Bill of Right or 9th Circuit of Appeals Court in CA?

Eitherway it makes no sense. so....ok. whatever spunktard.

By wisper on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 06:48 pm:

yeah... where IS eri?

spunk, you need to...calm down.
    Or learn to change your IP, man.
    At least before you call people toads.

are you okay? for real. I'm serious.

By trace on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 07:01 pm:

eri's fine, she just got sick of this for a bit. I am sure she will be back.

I am not fine.

By jack on Friday, December 6, 2002 - 09:19 pm:

maybe you could look into some hobbies other than paranoia.

your choice.

By Spider on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 09:58 am:

Trace, "Life Is Hell" is a cartoon drawn by Matt Groening, the creator of the Simpsons. In one cartoon, the dad (a rabbit named Binky) is ranting about Reagan for 8 panels and ends his rant with the slowly-boiling-frog analogy, and his little son (Bongo, who has been playing at his dad's feet) looks up and says, "Poor little frog."

I have to say that I also am sick of the dozens of political threads that seem to pop up here every day -- it's just the same tired blather, over and over again. If people want to argue about politics, maybe they should go to a board that's been created specifically for that topic.

By patrick on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 12:12 pm:

ok spider.

LETS BITCH!

the NPR morning radio show plays this group that annoys me to no end. they are called Frou Frou. First, lets establish that the band name...utterly stupid. Second, they seem to have only one god damn song that they remix everyweek. Further its a husband/wife duo. She sings. He wanks with the 'tronics. She does the psuedo-gaelic thing with her voice.....hmmmm how else can i decribe it.......i cant think of any other contemporary singers that do it, but sorta Sinead ish but no where near as good.

Anyway, between this song that is still going and mcdonald munching fucktard behind me, i just want to go back to bed. she left at 5am this morning for nYC this week, i think this, has made me cranky.

By Spider on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 12:58 pm:

The pseudo-Gaelic thing....is that like what the singer of the Cranberries does to her voice? That weird wailing that couldn't sound good to anyone but her? That annoys me.

Here's my bitch:

I'm reading Umberto Eco's "The Name of the Rose," and I love it. Except for one thing: The (what's the word I want? trope?) of the book is that Eco pretends to have found the manuscript as-is and has just translated it into Italian from medieval French, which was a translation from the original Latin. (This is kinda silly, I think.) Anyway, since the "French manuscript" kept some of the phrases here and there in Latin, Eco's "translation" does, too. So I'm reading this thing in English and every so often there's a Latin phrase in the middle of a sentence. And my bitch is -- please, where are the footnotes? True, the phrases are short and I can sometimes figure them out through the context and my knowledge of Italian, but in one case, three long sentences were kept in Latin, and they seemed to be important, and now I have to email them to my dad for his translation and wait for him to get back to me, and it seems that simply having an appendix with the English translations would be a really nice solution.

One thing that I love about the book is that the narrator is not the main character (like Ishmael is not the main character in "Moby Dick" -- Ahab is). I have always loved this method of storytelling, and I'm glad to find it employed here.

By patrick on Monday, December 9, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

YES the Cranberries chick....drives me up the fucking wall.

Miller does that from time to time with French, in which I have to call the mrs over to help me translate. its a bit tiresome. foot notes would be easier on all involved.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact