Joe Strummer we hardly knew ye

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Joe Strummer we hardly knew ye
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Monday, December 23, 2002 - 05:38 pm:

I can't believe it. This is such a great loss to modern music. Strummer and the Clash were so important, to me and to many many others.

There was talk of a probable Clash reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction - I guess that won't happen now.

What a horrible piece of news. And I can't even go listen to my CLash albums, they are all in Ohio.

<sigh>

By patrick on Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

drag eh?

By J on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 02:57 am:

God love you Sem I knew somehow you'd mention this,The Clash,he wrote the songs,he wasn't that much older than me.I always loved Train in vain.And Joey Ramone....sniff. I feel so mortal.

By patrick on Thursday, January 2, 2003 - 12:01 pm:

im reading Dee Dee Ramone's autobiography now.

its amusing. its pretty poorly written but some of the stories are great. like being in london booting up coke with sid in a bathroom and sid using puke/piss toilet water in his blood-crusted needle and john cale walking in asking if anyone has anything.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact