the judgement of God

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: the judgement of God
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By G Crocodile on Saturday, February 1, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

As someone on NPR let slip shortly after Morning Edition host Simon interrupted their rerun feed, this was the first shuttle mission in "many years" to be devoted to a strictly political purpose (i.e. put "the first" Israeli military person in space.) He was on board to operate a "phone booth size 'camera.'" This "camera" was "operated" within the shuttle's cargo bay (not deployed as an Israeli spy satellite, mind you) by the Israeli test pilot on board for the strictly scientific purpose of photographing desert dust storms "for monitoring the 'health effects' of such storms."

A political mission is one for symbolic purposes (like the first teacher in space) for which goal the ill-fated Challenger launch was pushed forward in too cold weather over the objections of Morton-Thiokol technicians (those who designed and built the exploding Solid Rocket Booster responsible for the crash.) My theory at the time was that, had the launch succeeded, there would have been some sort of split-screen salute during the gipper's State of the Union address to pioneer teacher/astronaut Christa McAuliffe. Reagan himself did not personally push the premature Challenger launch but the poor old guy was getting mighty nervous about having nobody for show-and-tell and having just swept 49 states to get re-elected with absolutely no election promise EXCEPT to put a teacher in space. His minions could not help noting their boss' urgent need to deliver on that promise.

As Mr Hussein will surely soon point out, the Israeli Colonel chosen to go out into the cargo bay and "operate" that large camera (Israeli military technology being too primitive as to develop a remote shutter release) was involved in bombing the Iraqi research reactor and preemtively shutting down Saddam's nascent nuclear progam in the early 80's.

Not wishing to deal myself the a-s card,

G Crocodile

By Inquirer on Saturday, February 1, 2003 - 04:20 pm:

Do you really buy the story that that was a camera on board the space shuttle?
    If so, why did the guy have to go out into the cargo bay to operate it?
    A camera could be operated by remote control . . . can't it?
    It's easier that way . . . isn't it?

It could've been a conspiracy between bush and sharon - the ultra arab hating primeminister of israel.

the phone booth sized one time only use camera supposedly preloaded with film in israel and to be brought back to isreal and its "film" developed to aid in the study of the "health effect of sand storms". . . ?!

The spring loaded launching device to deploy a phonebooth sized satellite could also have contained a self-destruct device for the shuttle so that the entire shuttle crew would be sacrificed to forever eliminate the possibility that any one of them might have, sometime during his lifetime, reveal that the phonebooth sized device is still up in space, ready to drop who knows what on who knows where and who knows when.
    That might be bush's "solution" to North Korea.
    Bush has said "i loathe that man"
    The spring loaded launching device that remained in the shuttles cargo bay could have contained enough explosive to destroy the mission without even the knowledge of the zionaut who operated the launcher.
    Unlike pre internet space missions during which astronauts "phoned home" to their delighted families, personal space to ground communications have now been restricted to e-mails. There was never an opportunity for anybody on board to "phone home". in other words, prior censorship became possible.

Its the most plausible explanation to be considered besides the shuttle just being too old.

Let's hypothesize for a second that the phone booth sized device that was built in israel, taken up to space on board the space shuttle as supposedly a camera to study dust storms and to be brought back, like the worlds largest disposable camera

Is it possible a satellite was secretly launched that was designed to drop who knows what on who knows where on who knows when with "no fingerprints".

Such a satellite could not have been built in the united states.

Both bush and sharon could not let anyone survive EVER to Tell the story that the phone booth sized camera was actually a satellite that was deployed. . . . . . to have the capability of dropping bombs from space which is STRICTLY prohibited by one treaty that bush does not want to break publicly.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact