Yes, there are some big news

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Yes, there are some big news
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 11:11 pm:

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 11:55 am:

No suprises here...

By trace on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

Nope. I don't have any idea what they are planning on using at the time I transmit the packages.... I had no idea they were planning on using the emp bomb.

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 01:53 pm:

Gotta try out the new toys, after all.

By trace on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:06 pm:

Funny, Russia said that just yesterday...

Again, I have nothing to do with the selection of targets or what is used against the targets. I only secure the transmission

By Nate on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:22 pm:

did you read cryptonomicon trace?

By trace on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:38 pm:

no, I have not read it

By semillama on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:44 pm:

You should, you'd love it.

I mean that without any sarcasm.

By trace on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 02:52 pm:

i took it without any sarcasm.

By Nate on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

yes i think you would be quite fond of it.

By trace on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

looks not too bad.

Let me guess, the message he sends drops little boy or fat man on him?

By Antigone on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

Nope.

By Spider on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

Speaking of big news...this is pretty cool.

By spunkyDingo on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

Calamari anyone?

By eri on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

Cool. Wouldn't that make a massive amount of calamari!

By kazoo on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

Squid are going to take over the earth 500 million years from now.

By Spider on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

Other news

They were taking part in the Jules Verne Trophy! I love it!

By semillama on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

My friend Jake is obsessed with all things with tentacles.

By Czarina on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 05:56 pm:

Those giant squid are deadly. I have read articles about them. They have an incredibaly toxic sting. Very painful. No one has survived their sting.

They have found several dead one's off the Australian coast, and Galveston, too. I have stopped going into the sea since I learned about them.

I'm sure "penknives" would be the weapon of choice.

By moonit on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

New Zealand 'squid expert'.

heh

By moonit on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 07:15 pm:

hmm I wonder what I could be an expert at? What are you guys experts at?

A kiwi 'chocolate expert'.

By semillama on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 09:03 am:

By Spider on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 09:32 am:

Some mornings, the only thing that keeps me going is the thought that next year all these fucknuts could be voted out of office.

By spunkyDingo on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 10:32 am:

The main thing to keep in mind, and I believe I have seen this concern voiced on this board somewhere before, is not necessarily who is in control now and what they would do with the patriot act, but rather the unkowns that will be in control in the future.
    The current administration and justice department may honestly not take advantage of this legislation, but they are responsible, in my opinion, for any abuses in the future of the current acts.

By semillama on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 10:50 am:

Hell, they are responsible for abuses now. The entire act is an abuse of liberty and American values in my book.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:03 pm:

"The current administration and justice department may honestly not take advantage of this legislation"

have you been sleeping?

hello! do you think they created these organizations, acts, laws etc to just have them sit idle? they created them on the fly so they COULD use them....on the FLY!

By spunkyDingo on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:06 pm:

I could not resist posting this.

Due to the prevailing attitude appearing in sorabji land to be "republicans are the evil that will kill us all", I am not taking any bait at this time.

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:10 pm:

From the article:

"The Kyl-Schumer measure would eliminate the need for federal agents seeking secret surveillance warrants to show that a suspect is affiliated with a foreign power or agent, like a terrorist group."

In other words, unlike before in Patriot I, you can be labelled as a terrorist without being connected with any known terrorist group. So, not only are the laws becoming permanent, they are increasing in scope. The bar for deciding who is a "terrorist" is lowering yet again.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:13 pm:

i think the prevailing attitude, if you were paying attention (which its consistantly evident you arent and only hear the battle in your own head) is that "all politicans suck big fat man tits and that label of republican democrat doesnt hold much water". If you we're paying attention you'd derive this, but like most Americans, you've got one hand around your cock and the other embracing the "Us vs. Them" notion so in a criticism of one, you *hear* praise for the other. You can't quite grasp the gray.

Admit it, you love Chuck Norris films don't you.

By Spider on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:17 pm:

Trace, so what? Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I think you're trying to say with that picture that people who were against the war now should feel stupid because most Iraqis are so happy that Saddam is (maybe, possibly) gone for good.

We know that! Just speaking for myself, though I'm sure I'm not alone, I am against the war not because I thought Saddam was peaches and he should remain in power forever and everyone loves him, so what's the fuss about? No, it was because I think the US has no right to invade a country without being attacked first.

So I still think the war is wrong. And I would still think starting the war was wrong even if we found 144 H-bombs hidden under that statue of Saddam.

The police can't raid a house before they have evidence that anything shady is going on inside. Who cares if they have a hunch that the owner's a white slave ringleader, if they have no proof? Who cares if they find a meth lab in the basement after they illegally search the house? It's still an illegal search if they had no reason to believe there was a meth lab in the basement before the raid. Same thing here.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:25 pm:

i watched that statue get torn down this morning.

except for slapping the flag across his face -- good, job america. those people looked genuinely happy. let's see some more of that.

a 5 mile long buffet would also be appropriate.

By spunkyDingo on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:26 pm:

Um, I was just posting a clearly propaganda picture. Really.

By dave. on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:26 pm:

COMMA!

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:35 pm:

spunky, I often wonder if you're mentally ill.

By spunkyDingo on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:36 pm:

so do i

By eri on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:41 pm:

So do I!

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:49 pm:

i, like dave, want to reiterate the 5 mile long buffet.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:53 pm:

actually it seems they are getting their buffet, nationwide, just being served something different

By semillama on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:56 pm:

Hell, there should be a five mile long buffet here.

Actually, no there shouldn't. Every one here should walk five miles a day is more like it.

I sure hope those hospitals get water soon, though. I wonder what the military has in mind for humanitarian aid distribution?

here's a statement that some folks might find confusing:
    I'm against the war, support the troops and want to help the people of Iraq get back on their feet.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:59 pm:

disturbing:

"John R. Bolton, U.S. undersecretary of state for arms control and international security, also appealed to Syria and other countries in the Middle East to open themselves up to "new possibilities" for peace in the region.

" 'With respect to the issue of the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the post-conflict period, we are hopeful that a number of regimes will draw the appropriate lesson from Iraq that the pursuit of weapons of mass destruction is not in their national interest,' Bolton told a news conference."

um. let me rephrase.

bush to iran, syria, n.korea: pay attention motherfuckers, dance our dance and all will be well, step remotely out of line and we'll drum the most vague of charges and bitch slap you like no one ever has. sell the Coke and McDs or pay the price.

By Spider on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:59 pm:

Makes perfect sense to me.....though you knew that.

By patrick on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 01:23 pm:

the anti-war sentiment doesnt make any damn sense since bombs started falling.

we couldnt very well stop. calling for the stopping of bombing was a bit ridiculous. the anti-war movement was about a year late. they should have had the kind of worldwide protests they had in Jan and Feb back in Nov, Oct.

The movement, as a loose collection has to look forward, because calling for the bombs to stop is...well....silly. If they can still maintain the same energy level, expand the appeal addressing the concern for whoever is next, look internally to what is happening to the continued demise of the Constituion, continue to reveal the Bush administration for capitalist warpig fuckwits they are then we might have a more valid movement because calling for the bombing to stop and the occupation (lets call it what it is people) to end is no solution. its done. next!

By Spider on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

Hey, my position is now that the damage has been done (damage = making the decision to attack), get in and get out and start with the humanitarian and government-building programs already. But I still protest the decision, and I am really worried about the repercussions.

By Antigone on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 01:51 pm:

By Spider on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 02:00 pm:

"Bush also promised to bring an end to the severe war drought" -- I love that! War drought! Ha!

By semillama on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

By Rowlf on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

"Due to the prevailing attitude appearing in sorabji land to be "republicans are the evil that will kill us all", I am not taking any bait at this time"

all those earthworms dug up for nothing!!!!???

DAMNN YOUSE!!!!

Spider, I remember Bush saying that America goes to war, to win a war, "thus causing no more war"

Yeah thats right, fighting ends fighting.

What?

I read that Paul Cellucci said recently that Canada should "make up" for not joining the "Coalition" by giving the US unfettered access to our oil resources, integrating our energy programs. Oh dear. Maybe WE'RE next.

By spunkydingo on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 09:03 pm:

By Antigone on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 00:20 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact