Mavis got married

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Mavis got married
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 06:34 pm:

And it was quite the shindig. Mavis married her long-time beau/singing partner on Saturday. Kazoo and I went early on Thursday to help set up. The ceremony was at the house that the groom's grandparents built on the Muskegon River in Newaygo, Michigan. It was utterly gorgeous. We built an arch for the wedding party to enter, and there was a pathway with potted flowers and pine boughs that led up to a half -circle of pine boughs where the party would stand during vows. They built a little bar in the garage and decorated the whole thing like a tiki lounge.

The ceremony was really nice. Each had a "best person" and one of Mavis' close friends sent off for a Universal Life Church ordainment so she could marry them. I don't quite remember the vows but they were really sweet and poetic. Mavis looked great, in a copper colored dress and veil. The groom wore a black suit with a black dress cowboy shirt with red and green flowers embroidered on it. After the vows and kiss, there was a parade with my friend Jake playing tuba. Then the couple stood under a maypole and members of the audience circled around them with the streamers in their hands. It was really nice.
    Mavis had peach mead made special for the event at the winery she sometimes works at - it was really good.

After dinner, was music. The Muldoons played, and were completely awesome. Bernie Larsen played with Jake playing the bass lines on his tuba, which was really cool. A fair amount of my friends from the old Houghton music scene showed up, and all in all it was a really good time.

I think that Kazoo might post about it too, when she has computer access.

By sarah on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

"the old Houghton music scene".

that fuckin cracks me up.

congrats to mavis! glad y'all had a great time!

By Spider on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:43 pm:

If I ever get married, my wedding is definitely including a parade with a tuba.

By semillama on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

I'm telling you, tubas are totally misaligned. More bands should have tubas instead of bass guitar.

By semillama on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:09 pm:

I didn't mean "misaligned". I can't remember what the proper word is but it sounds like that though.

By Spider on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

Maligned?

By Antigone on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

Bass trombone is better, baby!

By Spider on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

Hell, I want a full brass band.

Oh, and I want to carry the bass drum.

By Dougie on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 09:29 pm:

My baby sister got married this weekend in Bonne Terre, MO. It was a beautiful outside ceremony along a lake. My parents had created a poster with pictures of the groom and my sister at various ages, and I got all verklempt seeing those pictures of her as a baby and 5 years old and a gawky teenager, and now as a bride. She looked so beautiful. My baby sister's 30 and now married. Where the fuck does the time go?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact