Comic Actor Buddy Hackett Dead in L.A. at 79

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Comic Actor Buddy Hackett Dead in L.A. at 79
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Tuesday, July 1, 2003 - 08:24 am:

By The Watcher on Thursday, July 3, 2003 - 03:21 pm:

That's terrible news. My wife and I loved his work.

I'm glad I taped his HBO special. Not long after that he suffered a severe case of stage fright, which he suposedly had from the beginning of his career, and stopped performing.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

And, now we've lost another.

I can't believe Bob Hope is dead. It seemed he would go on forever.

I saw him live once at Towson State many years ago. It was not one of his better shows. But, he was still quite entertaining.

I have a picture of him my father took during WWII at an air base in Germany.

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

He was such an honorable man,he did so much for the the service men over the years,I was surprised to read he was afraid to fly,but he did,war after war.In a career that long I've never heard a bad thing about him,I knew he was going to go but it's like losing your favorite uncle.I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for Sir.Hope.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

I recieved his book a little before he died.

I've only glanced at a few pages but it's very funny. And, a great concept.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 03:34 pm:

The Watcher,i remember them old Bob Hope movies,[in black and white]they were part of our childhood.I also thought he would live forever.God bless him where ever he is.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

The Watcher,what is the name of the Bob Hope book?do you have the ISBN no.?

By Hal on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:00 am:

Well... It seems the end is upon us kids, everyone is dropping like flies.

Prepare for the great chocolate guacomole cheesecake of death.

By V.v. on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:07 am:

Hal,the secret of eternal life is simple,just kill dogs and become an Anti-Christ like me.

By Lapis on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:08 am:

...and eat them, V.v., and eat them.

By V.v. on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:15 am:

lapis,yes,i forgot that bit,thanks.

By Lapis on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 01:16 am:

Pas de problemme.

By J on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:10 am:

I'm having a kodak moment!!!!

By TBone on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:41 am:

I so just had a Zippy flashback.

By Hal on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:15 pm:

Found a Korean Prespyterian Church in VA while I was there.... It was like 4 in the morning and we were driving around looking for a taco bell... Needless to say, we were lost as fuck.

Anyway there was a little kennel outside this church, I said we should get out of there quick. The place creeped me out, middle of nowhere virginia and here is a Korean Chruch with a kennel.

By Dougie on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:57 pm:

That's where they keep the hounds of hell at bay. Probably.

By The Watcher on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

V.v.,

Bob Hope: My Life in Jokes

ISBN 1401300952

By V.v. on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 06:59 pm:

The Watcher,thank you for that,i am ordering it within a few days,my respects to you,as allways.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact