Rufusing Woman Gives Birth

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Rufusing Woman Gives Birth
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

By Antigone on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

It's the messiah.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:03 pm:

That was just kinda weird. I mean on some levels I think, she was in shock after giving birth in the middle of a public place, and then I think, why did she walk away when help was there?

I don't quite understand why DSS took her kids, though. That isn't quite making sense to me. I mean, she very well could have been in shock, and not psychotic or something. I dunno.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

HOW could she just walk away?

"I saw a head, then full baby fall out from her skirt, hit the floor sideways and slide the length of the doorway, stopping when he bumped up against the next row of seats. Still she stared out the window. Either she didn't know it happened or didn't want to acknowledge it."

WHAT???????

"....ran across the platform toward Morrissey Boulevard, and hustled up another flight of stairs..."

WHAT?????

it sounds beyond shock. surreal is more appropriate. i mean....she just let the baby slip out and slide across the subway car.

she should be evaluated at least.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 03:43 pm:

I am not saying that she shouldn't be evaluated. I just wonder why remove the kids until she has a psych eval. I just wonder if they are doing too much too fast.

Though I admit that I am bothered that she left her kids in a hotel room where they apparently had been living. That kinda makes me wonder about her. Among other things.

By Kalli on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

I was fine until I read the part about her scooping up the placenta and sticking it in her shoulder bag....

holy christ.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

I have actually heard of that before. Some religions apparently believe in keeping the placenta. I don't remember why. It is weird, though.

By Kalli on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:20 pm:

i think it was the use of the word "scoop"....

kinda puts it in some B-movie sequence in my head.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:45 pm:

some pagan rituals involve the parents eating the placenta after birth.

ive seen after birth. you don't scoop that stuff up.

i hear giving birth gets easier the more you do it and that might explain her seemingly non-chalant behavior. but "sprinting" up a flight of stairs afterwards just seems fucking unreal.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:30 pm:

I hear giving birth is easier and faster each time, but my second was my last so I can't personally confirm it.

I haven't heard of any pagan rituals involving parents eating the placenta. That's just beyond gross. I guess I am just hanging out with the not-so-gross pagans :)

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:48 pm:

i probably shouldnt say "pagan" as i dont think its exclusive.

but many spiritual earthy types do it as its rich in nutrients and whatnot.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:53 pm:

actually many cultures outside of america make it a ritual i understand.

it turns my stomach but so do a lot of things they sell in the grocery store.

By eri on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 10:40 pm:

I remember when I worked at a beauty supply store (now out of business) and they sold placenta hair products, saying it was made from animal baby placenta. I had to take a whole boring fucking class on how animal baby placenta is supposed to be good for your hair. I didn't work there long.

Anyways, I have heard of people keeping the placenta but I never had any idea why they would. The idea of using it as food just sicks me out. I thought it was rather gross the first time I found out some parents kept the umbilical cord. Then it made sense, to put in the baby book, but still I thought it was gross. Placenta? Even worse.

By patrick on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

put the umbilical cord in the baby book?

hair is one thing.

if its something that ordinarily would go in the "biohazard" bin at your doctors, why would you put it in a book.

By eri on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 02:00 pm:

That was kinda my thought. But who am I to say what people do with their babies umbilical cords? I keep the kids teeth when they fall out.

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 10:21 am:

speaking of weird mothering....

Woman goes on trial in Ohio for breast-feeding while driving

By KRISTEN GELINEAU

RAVENNA, Ohio (AP) - A woman pulled over for breast-feeding her baby while driving on the Ohio Turnpike was shown on videotape at her trial Wednesday refusing to co-operate with troopers until she called her husband for permission.

Catherine Nicole Donkers, 29, also would not stand or speak as she defended herself in Portage County Municipal Court until her husband gave her permission from the first row of the audience.

The first day ended with Donkers finishing her questioning of the trooper. The trial was expected to continue Thursday.

Judge Donald Martell dismissed a request earlier Wednesday by Donkers' husband, Brad Lee Barnhill, to stand in for her at the trial.

"I don't see why I'm not in there," Barnhill said during a break. "I directed her to do everything she did that day . . . Under our faith, she obeys me."

Barnhill requested that he be prosecuted on several misdemeanour charges because his religious belief is that he is the only one who can punish his wife.

Donkers cried as she watched the two-hour police cruiser video of Trooper Adam Doles following her for several kilometres with siren and lights going before she stopped at a toll booth.

Donkers said she did not pull over right away because she was looking for a safe place to stop. The tape showed Doles saying to Donkers: "You've got a baby in your lap. You know how unsafe that is?"

Donkers, still clutching her seven-month-old girl, refused to hand over her driver's licence and get out of her car until calling her husband. Once he gave the OK, she turned over a homemade identification card.

The couple belongs to the First Christian Fellowship for Eternal Sovereignty, a religious group that has a history of challenging state laws.

The organization was founded in Henderson, Nev., in the 1990s. It pledges allegiance to Jesus Christ and at times takes a dim view of the government. Barnhill says he is a minister in the fellowship with 650 followers.

The judge appeared frustrated than amused by Donkers, who refused her appointed public defender. Donkers read a list of witnesses she planned to call, including Barnhill and her mother. Later she said she left a key witness off the list: the state of Ohio.

"I'm not sure we have room in the hallway," Martell said with a laugh.

The prosecution's first witness, truck driver George Barrett of Syracuse, N.Y., said he called 9-1-1 on May 8 to report seeing a woman driving with a baby on her lap.

"I could not believe what I saw," Barrett said.

Over repeated objections by prosecutors, Donkers suggested while questioning Barrett that he had broken the law by reporting her because he didn't know the details of Ohio's seat belt laws.

Donkers also questioned Barrett's memory, saying his testimony about the make of her car and licence plate number were incorrect.

During a recess, Barrett said he was watching out for the baby.

"I've seen too many body bags. I've seen too many white sheets," he said.

Donkers is charged with misdemeanor counts of child endangering, failure to comply with the order of a police officer, driving without a licence and several other driving infractions. She acknowledges breast-feeding while driving and says she did nothing wrong.

A conviction for misdemeanour child endangering carries maximum penalties of six months in jail and a $1,000 US fine.

By J on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I read about her arrest,but had no idea she was in a warped religious cult,wierd.

By TBone on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

Calling her husband for permission to pull over? Criminy.
    I'm glad the judge had a sense of humor. These folks sound completely batshit.

By eri on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 02:42 pm:

"I directed her to do everything she did that day . . . Under our faith, she obeys me."

"because his religious belief is that he is the only one who can punish his wife."

Holy shit. I can't believe it. I mean, talk about living in the dark ages. Fuck. That's some scary shit.

By semillama on Thursday, August 7, 2003 - 04:25 pm:

What is weird though is that she is allowed to drive by herself. That doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact