RIP Wesley Willis

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: RIP Wesley Willis
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

By Rowlf on Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 08:56 pm:

a sad day indeed

who will sing songs about the musicians of tomorrow?

By Skooter on Sunday, August 24, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

I met Wesley once, he actually wrote a song about that night called "The Ghostbusters got busted," see if you can find it on Mp3.
    He was the largest and funniest dude. He stood 6-5, 375. The first thing he said to us at the party was "I'm gonna kill you motherfuckers, suck my motherfucking dick!"
    While all of us fell silent in fear, he then laughed and said, "I just told a motherfucking joke!"
    He also told us he was going to name his new record, "Michael Jackson sucks little boys dicks."
    I gave him a copy of my band, Subshine's Cd. He said, "I'm gonna put this motherfucker in my motherfucking CD playa, cause I loves the rock and roll."
    Still my proudest moment as a musician.
    We will miss you big guy.
    Rock over Paradise, Rock on Heaven.

By J on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 10:55 am:

By J on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 01:44 pm:

Check out the to learn more about link,he really was a trip,what a honor to have met him Scooter.Did anyone see Inside(out)on VH1 last night about Warren Zevon? He has terminal lung cancer,but what an insperation he is.I'm buying The Wind for sure.

By J on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 05:13 pm:

I take it nobody did.

By Skooter on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

I did see the Warren Zevon special. I was never a huge fan, though who doesn't love "Werewolves of London".
    I'm buying that record though. That was one of the better documentaries I've seen in a long time. Bruce rocks. I would have loved to be in the studio with Tom Petty, Bruce and Zevon, plus Billy Bob.
    Dont like the Eagles though.
    Zevon is still alive right? Tough old bastard.

By J on Monday, August 25, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

Yes,but last I heard he's bedridden.

By J on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:06 pm:

By Skooter on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 10:57 am:

I'm also planning on getting Wesley's greatest hits vol 3.
    His death affected me in strange and deep ways. We sat around the fire out under Mars swapping Wesley stories and sayings.
    "Rock it like a Magikiss, whoop you like a llama's asshole."

By J on Monday, September 8, 2003 - 06:56 pm:

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

I never knew much about him, except that he did that Werewolves song, which I always found annoying. Sounds like he led a pretty interesting life.

By J on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

Stevie Nicks did a beautiful rendition of his song Reconsider Me.I loved his defiant personality,and he still looked good at 56.I'm glad he lived to see his twin grandbabies.He put off treatment to record his final Album The Wind.Keep Me in Your Heart is a beautiful goodbye.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 9, 2003 - 05:23 pm:

I'm listening to the new Iron Maiden for the third time since I picked it up at 130 today. More listens are in the que. It's really damn good. I'm not sure it's as good as the last one, but it's close.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact