What the FUCK

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: What the FUCK
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:07 pm:

Couple Deny Starving Four Adopted Sons

From Times Wire Reports

A couple jailed on charges they starved their four adopted sons denied the accusations.

In statements relayed from jail by their minister, Raymond and Vanessa Jackson said the boys were well fed and taken care of. They attributed the boys' physical conditions to eating disorders or other ailments.

The four boys, ages 9 through 19, each weighed less than 50 pounds when they were found.

The eldest, Bruce, told authorities he and his brothers were locked out of the kitchen and had eaten wallboard to ward off hunger. Raymond Jackson told the minister Bruce had a penchant for lying.

source:http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-briefs2.2nov02,1,3463327.story?coll=la-headlines-nation

ok. this is a great argument for public flogging.

By Nate on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:17 pm:

wallboard ala king.

a 19 year old boy at less than 50 lbs is fucking crazy.

and tne picture of the whole family, there are some chunky chicks in that family.

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:36 pm:

Well, what do you expect, sem? People crazy enough to starve four boys will surely be crazy enough to mount a stupid defense.

The real question is how the fuck did the social workers in the area not notice this? How do you fail to notice a 50lb 19 year old boy, or even a 100lb one, or four boys like that in the same house?

Boggles the mind.

By eri on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 07:04 pm:

The different social workers who worked on the cases for these 4 boys have already been fired. I read that earlier today.

There is also testimony of neighbors who called the police to report this before and it went unnoticed. One of the boys (now the 19 year old) got out about 9 years ago and ended up at a neighbors house where they fed him and filed a report.

I have small children, with reasons to be small, though not eating disorders, and I can tell you that even my 9 year old weighs 50 lbs.

On top of that, it makes no sense that all of the girls are at a healthy weight and the boys aren't. Being that, I don't think there is an eating disorder to blame for that. I also heard that the parents were trying to partially blame it on them being babies of drug addicts and alcoholics and being smaller because of that, but every single drug addicted baby I have seen has caught up in weight before they entered kindergarten. So on that I call bullshit.

I just can't believe that it has taken this long for something to be done. Those poor babies, and they got more of them while they were doing this to them.

Fuckers.

By wisper on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 02:10 pm:

longer article

damn. even if it is true that the kids have serious eating disorders, they never took them to see a doctor? not once in 5 years?

By The Watcher on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

That is just plain sick!!!

By semillama on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:12 pm:

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

Crazy!

"Why would I not trust them? I know them, I grew up with them. They are my friends."

Oh, brother.

That reminds me of the poster in that Strong Bad email cartoon...the one with the guy bursting triumphantly out of the ocean with the words "I HAVE FRIENDS!" written above him. God, that's hilarious.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

which email was that?

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:15 pm:

That is such a sensational article.

Notice that, at the beginning, they say that five keepers have been killed by animals at the parks. Only later do they reveal that the animals doign the killing were tigers and elephants. It's a classic example of rearranging the truth to produce a desired emotional response.

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:16 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:46 pm:

I remember that.

But animals are unpredictable, even the ones that seem to be much like us. And it's still a bad idea - sounds like too many old Tarzan movies for someone!

It is a sensationalist article though.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:39 am:

Sem, I think it was the "no loafing" email.

By kazu on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:48 am:

spider, have you met homsar yet?

By semillama on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 09:54 am:

spider, some of the stuff in the email makes more sense if you watch them in order. The list of emails is in descending order from newest to oldest at the bottom.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:54 am:

I've just been skipping around.

Homsar is the underbite guy in one of the earliest emails?

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:54 am:

I've just been skipping around.

Homsar is the underbite guy in one of the earliest emails?

By kazu on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 10:58 am:

he often shows up as a hidden character. they made him up because someone misspelled homestar in an e-mail.

i was raised by a cup of coffee

in the trogdor e-mail, when strong mad is carving "dragon" in the table, click on the R

By agatha on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 11:53 am:

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

I'm so busy trying to keep from laughing out loud, I don't think to explore the screens. Duh.

My emails are like my childrens.

By kazu on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

A gorilla took my friend's father out of his basinette when he was a baby and carried him up into a tree.

True story.

It's better when she tells it.

Everyone is different. No two people are not on fire.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:06 pm:

WTF, but in a good way.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

Highlight of article:

One villager who took part in the feast was quoted in contemporary accounts as saying "we ate everything but his boots".

One of his boots is reportedly on display in the Fiji Museum.

By TBone on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:08 pm:

That's heartwarming in a very peculiar way.
    And the boot thing is perfect.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 04:33 pm:

By semillama on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

cry because you were laughing so hard?

By Spider on Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 09:41 am:

Indeed!

By semillama on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:20 pm:

By . on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:47 pm:

Bad business;
    just plain bad business.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:59 pm:

did anyone hear Clinton's speech last night?

I know its totally passe but I really miss him. Great speech.

I regret not catching Carter though.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:39 pm:

I liked Ted Kennedy's speech tonight.

By Spider on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 11:31 pm:

FYI: You can watch all the speeches from last night (both in their entireties and just the highlights) here.

I missed Clinton's speech last night, so I watched it now. Goddamn. TEARS were in my eyes, it was so right on. "Strength and wisdom are not opposing values." TESTIFY. And how awesome was it that he has the balls to stand in front of the nation and include himself in the list of politicians who avoided serving in Vietnam before praising Kerry?

Listening to him reminded me how much I miss him. Shoot, if he bought himself an island in the South Pacific and declared himself Emperor, I would move there. He was a great leader.

By dave. on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:31 am:

clinton and gore were great. i saw the repeats on cspan last night whilst holed up in a hotel in spokane.

that line from gore about the supreme court picking the next president and this president picking the next supreme court would be all over national headlines, were the situation reversed and it came from a republican challenger. as it is, that'll likely be the last anyone hears it.

carter was underwhelming. i don't know if it's because he's getting feeble or because i was expecting to be enchanted and it didn't happen.

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:40 am:

You know who was awesome? Barack Obama. He was the fuckin' man.

By wisper on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:46 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact