NOLA police brutality

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: NOLA police brutality
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 07:05 pm:

have you seen the video of those NOLA cops beating the shit out of an old drunk guy?

....uhm, i really don't know what else to say...

article with video link-
    http://tinyurl.com/dyu6c

By patrick on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 07:56 pm:

well no, where is it. the USA today/AP videos appear to be edited. Where did you see the full version?

By dave. on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 09:13 pm:

guy was not drunk. just black.

By wisper on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 09:15 pm:

aww fuck, i'm sorry. The full video was all over the news and i just assumed that would have the full one :(

full coverage on CNN
    http://tinyurl.com/94h7p

CNN's site also includes the "aftermath" video of the guy face down in a pool of blood.
    Note how the horse cop tries to block the camera.

They may or may not have the 3rd clip of an officer grabbing an AP producer, throwing him up against a car and screaming at him.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 10:58 pm:

All is love, bitches.

By dave. on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 02:44 am:

i notice on the video, in the middle of it, he insists he has not seen the video. then, at the end, he remarks about the black officer on horseback's complicity. now, he may have been told of the details of the video, but his statement that he didn't see it and that he was unaware of most of his surroundings except for the woman's voice repeating, "he didn't do anything", combined with his accusation of complicity against the mounted officer, gives the police's defense an opening to question the veracity of his entire story.

cops already have clear deference in cases of one's word against another's. they always side with the cop. without getting dragged into the quagmire of whether that is fair or not, even with the video evidence of excessive force, i think they'll use that to mitigate police culpability and it will reduce whatever compensation he will be awarded, as well as reduce the penalties against the officers who assaulted him.

fucking lawyers.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 12, 2005 - 12:38 pm:

motherfucker....too choppy. cant see shit.

law firms, banks and insurance companies= pure evil.

seriously...don't even get me started about lawyers cause im falling through some bitchin legal cracks right now.

By dave. on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 12:40 am:

well, i think the mounted officer needs to testify under oath. he's on tape trying to block the camera. i think, legally, he's free and clear of any charges. there's no law against blocking a videotaping of an event. so he's the only witness/participant who can set the tone of the trial by testifying on whether the plaintiff was unduly or legitimately roughed up. his response will be compared to witness statements and the video evidence.

By wisper on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 11:04 am:

i can't imagine a legitimate reason for using some guy's head as a punching bag, particularly when there's 3 of you :(

By dave. on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 11:29 am:

yeah, it sucks but they can kick your ass if only to make you compliant. some cops are more reasonable about this than others. i've seen a big, burly cop slam a guy's face into the trunk of his car, after he was already cuffed, just to shut the guy up. y'know, it worked.

By V on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 05:21 pm:

dave,v just got back in,v saw the same,v was in Cassiobury park,Watford,England,15 years back,Sir, I at the time was makeing love to some fine gal,then I see some Police car pull in to the car park,they pull some punk out the back seat and beat the shit out of him,happens the world over,even England.dave,hope v dont bore you too much,its nice to post to real people again.dave,I think I left the 888.com troll thing outside for the time being.,v does his best to keep things running smooth.,give it 2 weeks,and you will have it posting as you....part from that dave,your an o.k. guy.,you allways have been.

By agatha on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:07 pm:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

By jack on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:46 pm:

oh, come on. you knew it would happen.
    blind squirrel/thousand monkeys w/ typewriters, etc. etc. entirely to be expected.

By dave. on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:50 pm:

sycophantastic

By wisper on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 09:54 pm:

this is just fucking great.

By Dougie on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 09:37 am:

Mega-dittoes, agatha.

By lapis on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 12:48 pm:

yup.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact