Pink Floyds Syd Barrett dies aged 60

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Pink Floyds Syd Barrett dies aged 60
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 01:50 pm:

By Nate on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:07 pm:

try this

60, that's younger than you, isn't it V.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:25 pm:

Nate,no Sir,its just a tad older than v....tell you what Nate,its a real bummer getting old,still cant find reverse gear,still looking.,shucks.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:40 pm:

i just learned this an hour ago. i also learned 'wish you were here' was a song written about syd. too bad syd. ultimately, his physical death didnt coincide with his mental one.

a good reason to toss on Opal and Mad Cap Laughs tonight.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:40 pm:

...yeah,and I did click on your yellow bit,but what did Syd die of? L.S.D.?,I cant get an answer to that.LOOK,if you can die from L.S.D.,I want some of that.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:48 pm:

patrick,to give a bit of respect to the guy,whats your best Pink Floyd tune ever?

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:53 pm:

...I think its "the wall",but thats just me.

By Nate on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:59 pm:

i think the whole "wish you were here" album was about syd.

shine on you crazy diamond is my vote. or echoes.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:00 pm:

...allthough I think "set the controls to the heart of the Sun" is a close second.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:03 pm:

Nate,you may have a point.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:10 pm:

i don't know V, but im sure its not the Wall.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:11 pm:

has anyone every seen the film Obscured by Clouds of which the album is a soundtrack for?

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:13 pm:

...pisses me off no end a bit of Floyd is dead,its like 5 minutes ago I was at a concert concerning them guys.

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:31 pm:

...yeah,and just for the record,v was at at one time in the movie "the wall",then it got scrapped for a cartoon by "Scarf",the famous British cartoonist...so I admit to being a movie extra in the days of my youth,you have a problem with that?

By V on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 04:39 pm:

...I dont,it was free food and lots of bucks,try it.

By droopy on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 06:36 pm:

i may have mentioned this somewhere before, but any time the subject of old pink floyd albums comes up, i always think of the book _oman ra_ by viktor pelevin. it's a dark satire about the soviet space program where a group of men are used to pilot and "unmanned" space craft. 3 of the four of them have been amputated so the could fit into the capsule they're supposed to run until such time as their are jettisoned to their death. while in space they all start discussing their favorite pink floyd albums - meddle, atom heart mother, ummagumma, a nice pair, and zabriskie point.

i always thought it would make a good movie. maybe with a pink floyd soundtrack.

By V on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 01:17 am:

droopski,you are putting me on,but v did see original version of "Solaris",with English sub-titles.

By droopy on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 01:45 am:

i would never put you on, v. unless, of course, i could skin you and make you into a nice jacket or possibly a hoodie.

By sarah on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:16 am:

he suffered some unnamed, fatal complications from diabetes.

so normal.

By patrick on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 12:50 pm:

unrelated.

have you guys ever considered the publishing diamond in the rough we have here with this shit nate and droop crank out? i've read nates first book. i know what he's capable of.

i can only imagine what droop could put out.

have any of you ever considered whats right in front of us? a consortium if you will.

you write it, i know how to sell it.

By V on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 04:25 pm:

Sarah,I also just found that out.Now we have to state our best bits of music from the group,or we get excluded for a week,mine is "The Wall" how about you?

By v on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 05:16 pm:

... the Wall,? well only a person who has been through a full blown breakdown can do stuff like that,I did,10 years gone,and I got back to normal,but it did take 3 months,its called "overload",it can happen to any person,anytime,mostly if you work too hard,I still do,all the time....I was reading about a guy that had his gas pedal stuck to the floor of his B.M.W. for 20 miles on a moterway,wow,I understand that feeling.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact