Boston

sorabji.com: Are there any news?: Boston
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By platypus on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 08:28 pm:

Feeling grim today.

By ... on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 01:33 am:

i turn off the television and the radio and the internet when big news happens. i was taking a shower and listening to the radio when this happened. without introduction news radio segued into television simulcast, making it hard to figure out what was going on. i assumed this had happened in new york but there was no way to tell.

big news makes me appreciate the cronkite era of single-source coverage. cbs and the others had everything on the line to get the story right. if they did not always get it right they at least had the luxury of taking their time in trying. today's live news is a desperate spray of bullshit.

i hope that whoever did this got what they wanted, and that they get it back.

i hope it was americans.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 04:25 pm:

I dunno. Bulls usually aren't desperate and don't spray their shit.

The perps be caught, but it may not be quick. The bombs no doubt
    left lots of traceable evidence behind. It's only a matter of time.

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 04:37 pm:

Also, given the huge preponderance of cameras in the area, it's
    highly likely that images of unexploded bombs were captured, and
    possibly of the perps themselves.

By ... on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 08:43 pm:

Hard to say. It took 2 years to get Eric Rudolph after the 1996 Olympics bombing. That's partly to blame on the FBI's wasted time going after Richard Jewell, but they might never have caught Rudolph if he hadn't struck again, bombing other places and leaving more traceable evidence. You can get away with anything if you do not repeat yourself and keep your mouth shut.

I would think that an abundance of video would work to the investigation's detriment. They will provide larger-than-ever quantities of dead ends, useless interviews of witnesses, conspiracy theories, and useless viral bluster -- not smoking guns.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 01:33 pm:

Well, it came on the news as the police along with S.W.A.T. went after the two brothers, one is dead and the other is still alive, the news seems to be inaccuracy at this time, I plan on finding it out later tonight. The weather been odd to us, yesterday, the storm was real bad, resulting a little flood in the basement and today, the weather is real cold with little flurry.

By Antigone on Friday, April 19, 2013 - 09:48 pm:

Got him.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 01:22 am:

Yeah, they got a little fucker. It snow like flurry. I am relieved for tonight......

By fukyou on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 03:59 am:

the170+ maimed and crippled will now rest at ease.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 01:42 pm:

Antigone, did you mean the Boston bomber younger brother?

By ... on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 04:50 pm:

it seems sociopathic. for any speculation about their motives and influences it looks like they just wanted to show they could get away with it.

what will the reddit lynch mob do now?

By Antigone on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 07:51 pm:

Younger brother.

Yeah, who knows about their motives, but the older brother
    had recently been to Chechnya for six months, and upon his
    return was spouting radical islamic stuff. I'm sure that's being
    looked over rather carefully.

Reddit lynch mob has moved on to being critical of the
    management at the fertilizer factory in West TX that blew up.

By fred on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 08:38 pm:

since that explosion, i've seen articles in mother
    jones, l.a. times, and huffington post just about
    the czech stop/little czech bakery in west. kolaches
    and polka might become hip.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 09:29 pm:

Mr Putin asked the U.S. government to share the information on two brother,surely raised my eyebrows. I have that bad feeling that Mr Putin is kind of hard nosed person.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact