True Happiness

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: True Happiness
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Brookee on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 11:13 am:
    I don't know about all of you, but in my heart I know that there really isn't any reason for me to be unhappy. Jesus loves me. He LOVES ME. That is amazing. My God actually loves me, no-one, and wants to have a real relationship with me. He talks to me, He listens to me. It is amazing. If you haven't found this joy yet, it is really very hard for me to explain it to you, but I can tell you that I have a hope in Jesus that is more than a hope b/c it is a guarantee of life. I could babble forever, but I just thought....wait, I have to share a song, then I will sign off, promise.

Someone asked a question, why do we sing? When we lift our hands to Jesus, what do we really mean?
    Someone may be wondrin' why we sing our song? At times we may be crying, but nothin's really wrong
    I SING B/C I'M HAPPY, I SING B/C I'M FREE, HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW, THAT'S THE REASON WHY I SING
    And when the song is over, we've all said amen, and our hearts just keep on singing, and the song will never end. And if somebody asks you, was it just a show? Lift your hands and be a witness, and tell the whole world no.

Jesus loves me, and I love you. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

brookee@inetdirect.net

By Kelsey on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 03:52 pm:
    so, what kind of questions would we have? just curious.

By Swine on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 05:47 pm:
    shit...

i don't know if i should smoke whatever she's been smoking or try my damnedest to stay away from it...

By Martin on Wednesday, July 8, 1998 - 06:46 pm:
    "wondrin' " ?????

By Nate on Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 11:22 am:
    sieg heil!

or

why do you take so much joy in a dead jew?

i've noticed that many of jesus's faithfuls get to talk to big J himself. man, if jesus would talk to me i would definately believe in him. what kind of faith is that? where there is obvious proof no faith is needed.

before "st." thomas aquinas you were all polytheists.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 05:50 pm:
    *Jim bows to the God of everything... Nate*

You are awesome, man!!!

By Brookee on Thursday, July 9, 1998 - 11:50 pm:
    wondrin' = wondering, but it's just the way we sing the song.

Do you think there's just this booming voice that we hear 24-7? You have to teach yourself to listen to God. If you want to hear him, you can. I don't know how to explain it to you, it's one of the daily miracles that can't be explained I suppose.

Swine - I've never smoked a thing in my life. I guess you could say I'm high on Jesus and the experiences He's given me in the past week. :)

Brookee

By Antigone on Saturday, July 11, 1998 - 01:13 am:
    Wow, Brookee. You are truely out of place here.

More power to ya.

I used to have what you've got. I was pretty happy most of the time. It had nothing to do with jesus, though. I was just an optimistic SOB.

Then, that portion of my brain melted.

Now, I'm just like everybody else.

That piece of my brain is still there, it's just liquid and pretty formless. I get runny noses alot, and that worries me.

I try to save as many tissues as possible. Ya never know...

By Chrashtopher on Saturday, July 11, 1998 - 04:56 pm:
    Sometimes my cat talks to me. She tells me to kill my landlord; But I don't do it, because she's just a stupid cat.

By Brookee on Sunday, July 12, 1998 - 04:03 pm:
    Antigone - You're very funny. :) Why am I so out of place? You say that piece of you is still there. Jesus can re-mold it, and make you happy again. Think about it. It's worth it.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 12, 1998 - 05:15 pm:
    I was thinking of you last night, Brookee. I had the 24 hour flu and serious sinus stuffiness.

Then, deep in the night, in my fevered delerium, I finaly resolved the current portion of fear and loathing in my life. (see this) I remembered, viscerally, what I learned about Buddhism. I said to myself, "I must tread the middle path. The middle path is not fear. The middle path is not complacency."

So, in effect, I've found much Jesus as I can.

By Starchy on Sunday, July 12, 1998 - 09:47 pm:
    Anti-gone: Jesus is dried shit on a stick, but does he have Buddha-nature?

(I practice Chogye Zen, in case you're wondering...)

By Antigone on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 02:59 am:
    If he has Buddha-nature and I see him on the road, that means I have to kill him, right?

And, if Jesus took a shit, would it stink?

By Antigone the Greek on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 03:02 am:
    And, that's An-ti-go-ne to you, Bubba!

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 07:39 am:
    JESUS?

Don't get me started. He let my Grammy die!

YOU BASTARD!!!!

By Starchy on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 08:44 am:
    I know how pronounce it, damn it. I'm quite fond of Sophocles.

If you see yourself in the mirror, do you kill yourself?

By Larry Dotts on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 10:26 pm:
    How old are you, Brookee?

By Brookee on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 11:01 pm:
    Larry - Does it matter how old I am? How old do you think I am. The truth is the truth no matter if it comes from the wisdom of age or the mouths of babes.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 10:28 am:
    Truth lies only in action

Everything else is a construct of your mind

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 12:49 am:
    Starchy - I guess, if you take the "Three Pillars of Zen" seriously, I'd have to kill myself if I sat in zazen while staring at a mirror. That's why I stare at the wall, I suppose. Normally, though, no... And, besides, it's only a koan, you dolt! :-) And, who'se Sop-hocles?

Brookee - Larry wants to know how old you are because he's hitting on you.

By Antigone on Monday, July 27, 1998 - 11:59 pm:
    Gee. I guess everybody got pissed off and left.

It's not my breath, is it?

By Have a Certs for Christs sake on Tuesday, July 28, 1998 - 07:09 am:
    yes, now that you mention it.

By Starchy on Tuesday, July 28, 1998 - 09:47 am:
    Sop-hockles, or soft-cockles?

You'll have to excuse me, I find myself taking things seriously now and again.

And, can I have some breath?

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 29, 1998 - 01:05 am:
    <on Starchy> I blow the breath of life (or festering, stinking death) upon you. Envision (ensmellin?) the incense from a Catholic mass filtered through the farts of zombie pigs.

<on Certs boy> The same, but Eastern Orthodox.

By Starchy on Wednesday, July 29, 1998 - 11:20 am:
    You open your mouth, already you fall straight into Hell.

"Here's an experiment *you* can do! Leave a bag of bread on top of the refrigerator for a long time. It will eventually turn grey and taste bad. Now throw it out into the street."

By Ronin on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

Man of the Waves
    Awake
    Deep in the fire of sincere effort
    Lies the path beyond fear

By Spider on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 01:01 pm:

That reminds me of my favorite Japanese poem --

Never forget:
    We walk on hell,
    Gazing at flowers.

-- Kobayashi Issa

By Spider on Monday, July 7, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

...only in that it's Japanese. :)

By Hal on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 10:04 am:

Wait... High on Jesus'...

So your ridin the old Jesus' cabob huh. Never slept with a cuban man before (or any man for that matter.) Whats it like?

By sarah on Tuesday, July 8, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

By BIGKev on Wednesday, July 9, 2003 - 01:15 am:

"the incense from a Catholic mass filtered through the farts of zombie pigs."

Holy shit Anti.... thats GOLD, i remember reading that before i ever posted here.. I still laugh at ensmellin it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact