Meeting Sorabjites....

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Meeting Sorabjites....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

yay!!!!!

she doesn't post that often but is a complete gas when she does, this saturday i get to meet
    Kalliope

By Pamela on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

When are we going to hold a Sorajifest? I have a friend who makes T-shirts (and I know this is an old idea and I'm not sure if it has ever been done) and if we can get a design, he will make them. His website is www.circle-r.com if anyone wants to check it out. Anyway, can't we arrange some kind of sorabjiland meeting?

By Kalli on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

AHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

I can't wait cream-pie.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 08:30 pm:

holy shit.

i win. finally. i win.

By Kalliope on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 10:37 pm:

loser.

you're still here?

;)

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 11:32 pm:

Are we all still congregating at Margaret's wedding?

By Isolde on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 12:16 am:

Some are, I believe, I sadly not among them.

By Nate on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 12:50 am:

i found the rest, kalli. i used #2 to make an album cover prototype.

you told me it would never happen, but it did, and i win.

i won't use it without your ok.

i should email it to you..

By sarah on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:48 am:

who's all going to marge's wedding?

can't wait to see her hair-do.

By sarah on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:56 am:

oh. any sorabjiites in the DC area?

By patrtick on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

Jim pj boy and Marcus.....wht happened to that marcus.

i have a wedding to go to this weekend, in santa barabra. i've had enough weddings for this season.

good luck marge! kalli, did you send nate the same images you sent me?

By Kalliope on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 12:27 pm:

I'm gonna pretend like I know what he's talking about but I really have no idea.

Wait..maybe yer right.

I think he saw some of the old images. None of the new ones tho.

Which pic are you using? Damn right you best email me. ;) You do still have my email right?

Best thing about owning a digi-cam is that you can perfect your boobies in photoshop.

OOOOOOH. I fergot to tell you this. I had a photo shoot the other day. Nothing big....he was focusing on my tattoo and face...but it was in a studio and I got to feel all glam swishing this way and that for a little while.

Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

I wanna be a superstah'

By semillama on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

You look like a lady that rocks, kalliope!

I won't be making it to Margret's wedding because my travel funds are going to be drained from helping Mavis move.

Sarah, I believe Rhiannon lives around D. C. now, and PJboy is there...

By Nate on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

bathnude2.jpg?

somesing.

let me know what you think . i just emailed it.

By patrick on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

whoa...i dont have that one.........

gimme gimme gimme

kalli you don't tell me about a bathroom series!!!!

By Kalli on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

They're new dammit. I only took em last week. Nate's all up on being quick and spiffy.

Didn't you see the cover photo?

Someone hasn't been lovin' my page enough lately.

By patrick on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

i see the cover photo of your site, if tats what you mean.......

i have a thing for toilet shots

By K on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

i did my toilet seat cover in faux cow fur.

the irony of it all.

By Mavis on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

"I won't be making it to Margret's wedding because my travel funds are going to
    be drained from helping Mavis move. "

sem--ass gas or grass, man. you decide!

By Karma fish on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:29 pm:

NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE

By Mavis on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

karma fish?

what?????

By Nate on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 06:21 pm:

gas grass or ass, nobody rides for free.

it's a fish karma song.

you know? fish karma?

By Mavis on Thursday, September 28, 2000 - 06:49 pm:

sorry, i suddenly got a big boulder, co flashback and was terrified........

yeah, i know.

By agatha on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 03:09 am:

mavis, nikki wants to know if you two know each other. i told her i would ask for her.

By Hal on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 09:26 am:

I miss out on all the fun, never get asked to help people move... Wait did I acctually just say that... Never mind...

What I ment to say was... I miss out on all the fun, never get invited to weddings, never get asked for photos, or photoshoots for that matter. And NO one ever sends poor ole me photos...

I'm going to cry now...

Booo hooo.

By Nate on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 09:34 am:

shut the fuck up.

i'm sending you some naked pics of your mom.

that's all we've been passing around. it's a big joke. a big joke on you, dogfucker.

"I went to a photoshoot, would you like to see the proofs" (hee hee, they are really naked pictures of Hal's mom)

"I went to a wedding, would you like to see the pics?" (hee hee, they are really naked pictures of Hal's mom)

well, son, now you know what we've been doing in the dark alleys and dirty backroom clinics of your world. photographing the scum of the earth. you fucking weenie.

By Hal on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 09:41 am:

Thats kinda fucking discusting...

My mom's been dead for more than 5 years...

Ick...

(More proof that Hal, can take a fucking joke.)

By Nate on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 10:44 am:

shitman. you were supposed to post an emotional statement of your oppression, followed by heated declarations of the inherent unfairness of sorabji.com posted in CAPS on every active msg. board.

By patrick on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 11:55 am:

damnit hal, haven't you learned anything?

By Mavis on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

agatha, no i don't know nikki.
    but she is my papercut letterpress heroine.
    i have several of her zines and calendar and i think she's alla that. i have an art crush on her.

i am moving to northern wisconsin in one week to set up my studio and book arts center and letterpress shop......

By Kalliope on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:01 pm:

HAHAHAHAHHA.

Actually, I am Hal's Mom.

Hey. I'm in Californy. Holy shit.

Almost died on the airplane ride here. I'll post the whole story later but jesus christ...it wasn't any kind of fun. When they tell you to grab your ankles and hope the landing gear works...its amazing how many religions you can go through in 30 seconds.

Ooooh. And I get to meet Patrick tomorrow. yay.

There's no clouds here. That's wacky.

By patrick on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

the clouds are in tool nate's shed. ask him

By agatha on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

yes, mavis, she is one talented lady. sometimes it sucks to share a studio with so many talented ladies. it's lucky that i'm not overwhelmingly insecure, or i would probably be crying every day. have you seen any of amber bell's work? look on http://www.buyolympia.com. i also share with stella marrs, who makes all the funky postcards and shit. also, my best pal katie baldwin who isn't famous like all those ladies yet but you watch out for her!

By Mavis on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

ooh, yeah i love amber bell's work too.

were you at the ladyfest?

By agatha on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

yes, indeedy. were you?

By Mavis on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 02:46 pm:

well, i stopped in briefly.
    spent a lot of time at the bazaar
    and ate at voyeur

then boogied off....

By agatha on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 01:02 am:

how did you like the voyeur? i didn't go to the bazaar. my girl was in the fashion show, i made her and her friend helen paper dresses that lit up. art walk is next thursday, have you ever been to an olympia art walk?

By Kalliope on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 01:02 am:

HEY GUESS WHAT???

I got to meet Patrick and none of you guys did.

NANANANANANANANA.

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 08:20 am:

I almost met Patrick and passed up my oppurtunity. I'm still kicking myself. He lived only a few blocks away from where I was protesting...

By J on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 09:56 am:

If it wasn't for my husband,I could have met a sorabjite this last Sat. Damn my s/o,I fully realize now that my life really isn't my own.It is really pitifull to hear a grown woman cry.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 10:15 am:

i was going to meet patrick but it didn't work out.

i talked to him on the phone, though.

he sounded like a little bitch, so i decided not to see him.

By Kalli on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:19 am:

Hahaha...no more like garfield with a mouth full of jolly ranchers.

Wait that's me.

I sound like a sexpot on the phone.

So I'm told.

By pez on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:25 am:

i have a hyperish voice. i cultivated it because i thought my voice sounded awful and i don't want to talk on a pa system with an awful voice (someone who used to be in my department ~never~ used the pa because of it).

it's a nice change from those fred meyer ads i have to hear all day about potting soil and mascara.

have you ever really listened to that guy who does all those ads on the radio (for freddy's)? he sounds androgynous.

By J on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 11:35 am:

I've spoke to Patrick on the phone and he has a very nice voice,mine is awfull,I think I scared him.

By Isode on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 12:25 pm:

I've heard my voice is sexy, but I don't really know.
    J, your husband does not sound like a goodness.

By Kalliope on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 02:25 pm:

see i used to sound like mickey mouse on crack but i think the pack a day ciggarette job straightened that lil issue out.

im quitting tomorrow when im back in virginia. hope this doesn't make me squeaky again.

By Tom on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

I hope I don't sound like my answering machine. Beyond that, I sound like an average goofball. I stutter, though, and I talk too fast, and I don't enunciate properly; In other words, sorta like old vinyl played with a cactus needle at a speed setting just a little too high.

By Cat on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 05:05 pm:

I've heard a few Sorabjite's voices and it's really really weird...putting a voice to the words.

Isolde does have a sexy voice...it's kind of husky and the accent is just wild. Antigone's voice is pretty smooth too.

I've been told mine is almost British-sounding, which I detest.

By Nate on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

i sound like a bitch ass californian, i think.

By But on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 06:00 pm:

nobody sounds as good as Mr. Thomas himself

By Cat on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

But you haven't heard him squeal when he's having buttsex

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 06:23 pm:

Your voice is really cool and not at all British, Cat. I fell in love with your voice. It's soft and husky and it's hard to pin the accent, but it's really nice.
    Speaking of which, when will I hear your sexy voices again?

By Tom on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

I've never heard any sorabji-voices besides Isolde's (I'll second the "Isolde has a great voice" bit.). I should fix this. Hell, I'll see y'all in vegas, I guess.

By TBone on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 09:20 pm:

I've heard only two voices. Agatha (in person) and Mavis (my crappy answering machine)

Nobody ever sounds like I think they will...

Good voices though.

I always sound like my nose is plugged, and it is.

By Isolde on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 09:31 pm:

Nobody ever does.
    It's unnerving.
    Cat didn't sound at all like I expected her too. But now that I think about it, I can't explain what I expected her to sound like either.
    Hrm.

By agatha on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 09:42 pm:

i just thought you sounded quiet and smart, tbone. i think my voice sounds like i perpetually have phleghm in my throat, and i'm really loud. i don't like my voice, but i don't think anyone likes their voice. i like swine's voice. it's deep and sexy. and dave, dave has a good voice. mark's voice is nice, too. he speaks in very measured tones.

By YouKnowWho on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 01:47 am:

Well Cat is not at all British. And I apparently don't count. I don't even get email from Cat anymore. Let alone phone calls anymore. Anything. Anymore.

I must have done sumtin wrong.

By pez on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:11 am:

i've never gotten a phone call. :sniff: but i like isolde's handwriting.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:40 am:

maybe it's time for a teleconference.

By Tom on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:45 am:

aye. mebbe so.

By Cat on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 04:03 am:

Yeah...sychronise watches. We should do another hook-up this weekend. But we have to find something more reliable than Yahoo.

I've used M Player from hearme.com before and that's been OK. Any other ideas for voice software thingamijigs*?

*That's the secret code for puter programs you can talk on

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:40 am:

I can't think of any...but I'll keep my eyes open.
    My handwriting looks exactly like my fathers. I mean, the two are identical. Once, I tried making my handwriting look less like his. No good. We're matched perfectly in the handwriting department. Oh well.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 12:21 pm:

nate sounds threatening...but that was before the phone sex, of which he so causally forgot to mention... "lil bitch " was my surname.

By Kalli on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

That's funny. He asked me to call him, "spicy hot mamma"

By sarah on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 03:12 pm:

Last year it was "juicy whore".

By Kalli on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 04:16 pm:

indecisive little bastard.

By pez on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:14 pm:

question?

about this word "bastard". is it pronounced "bas-t'are'd" or "bas-turd"?

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:28 pm:

It's pronounced t-o-m.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:29 pm:

The latter. Think of yourself saying, "You fucking bastard (bas-turd)!" to someone who just cut you off on the highway.

By pez on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:34 pm:

so bastard is pronounced like shit. thank you!

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

Isn't Dougie useful?
    He's not a smart ass, like some people I can mention.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

Useful? *blushes and grinds big toe into floor* Shucks, Isolde, it's not often I'm called that. Thanks.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 08:24 pm:

*shuffles her feet and stares at the ground*
    "Erm...um, er..."
    *pushes her glasses up her nose*
    "Uh...um...would you..I mean, uh..."
    *bites on her lower lip*
    "I mean, do you want to, um..."
    *fiddles with her watch*
    "Could you..."
    *twists the hem of her shirt in her hand*
    "Nevermind."

By Tom on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 08:32 pm:

I'm still not sure what I do to deserve this shit. (which is not pronounced like bastard. it goes one way, but not the other?)

but it's shit.

By cyst on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 09:48 pm:

hey, agatha, is there a web site for art walk?

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 10:39 pm:

You know. I'm not going to discuss it with you anymore.

By agatha on Tuesday, October 3, 2000 - 11:18 pm:

cyst, i don't think there is. are you going to come down? i'm showing something in a group show upstairs at k records, it's on legion way. i can give you a synopsis of stuff, if you want.

By J on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 12:49 am:

Cyst,your still here,I've been worrying about you,but then I thought you just might be having fun.

By pez on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 02:49 am:

shit = turd

i was thinking in synonyms.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 06:13 am:

what about the pronounciation "bast-id"?

By pez on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 11:56 am:

i don't live in new york. and cliff doesn't work for freddy's anymore.

By cyst on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 12:59 pm:

hi, j. thanks for thinking of me. I've been doing really normal stuff. it's this weird phase I'm going through, where I make boring and good decisions. I'm becoming so fucking mainstream that I think I'm going to vote democrat next month, how about that.

agatha, I was thinking of coming down, but I forgot that I always end up working late on thursdays, like till 7 p.m. I don't think I can come. I would love to head down there some weekend, though, for pretty much any reason at all.

By J on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 01:57 pm:

I'm proud of you Cyst,hope your having some fun too.Agatha can you post your work?

By agatha on Wednesday, October 4, 2000 - 10:08 pm:

cyst, it's friday. five to ten. 508 legion. someday i will post some work, when i get my shit together a little. whenever that may be.

By Gee on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 01:04 pm:

if anyone cares, I sound like a little girl who's been sucking helium all day and I laugh like a sweathog. also, I wouldn't meet any of you people unless you came to my turf. but I love you all.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact