car accidents

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: car accidents
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 07:45 pm:

We were leaving IHOP this afternoon (right after brunch). I started backing out of the parking place when this SUV stopped blocking me. I waited about 3 minutes and it moved. I started backing out again. I was almost completely out when I saw this minivan backing into me. I hit the brakes and hit the horn. Right as I hit the horn the damned thing hit me. I was pissed. Dumbasses not watching behind them and slamming into me. I got out of the car and out came this man (who was an illegal immigrant and afraid I would call INS). Then came this woman full of attitude saying we didn't "signal" that they were about to hit us. I asked exactly how I was supposed to signal her. She said I should have honked my horn. I told her I did. She said she didn't hear it. I said maybe that was because she was hearing her car crunch mine. I was shaking and really fighting putting my fist in her face. Like it is my fault because she didn't hear me honk my horn. She knew she was at fault. By this time Spunky is worried about me starting a fight in the parking lot and gets out of the car. This guy is pleading with him to just let them go. She looks at me and says, well I have to fix my car and you have to fix yours, allright. I told them to go before I changed my mind. I looked at there van and it had a big rip in the bumper about 10 in. long and scrapes and other damage. My van already had damage and so I ingnored it for the time being because I was pissed off.

As they left we noticed that they ripped out some of the rear lights as well and they had a lot of expensive repairs ahead of them.

Later I went up to my van to check the damage. All of the chunks of body in the back were actually from their car and wiped right off of mine and I only have a couple of scratches that don't even go all of the way through the paint.

Not even worth repairing.

I guess in the end they will have to pay anyways.

By Dani on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 08:03 pm:

Oooooooo......brunch....now THATS class.
    Go on with your bad self, girl.

By eri on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 08:10 pm:

Dani, you talking to me about class? That's funny. I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

By Dani on Sunday, April 7, 2002 - 08:50 pm:

My pleasure.

By patrick on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 12:12 pm:

dani grow up for fucksake.

By Nate on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 06:21 pm:

speaking of car accidents,

the driver's door impact mangled dead man accident i saw last thursday evening-

it won't leave my mind.

i think to myself, i'm an adult american. people see dead guys on the road all the time. i should grow up.

but hell. a dead bloody guy.

By droopy on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

this must be you've been so occasionally nice, lateley - face to face with mortality and the transcience of life and shit.

it'll pass.

By eri on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 07:18 pm:

I remember I was going to a bar for my friends birthday party one night, and the roads were covered in ice. Just on the other side of the 291 bridge over the Missouri river, I saw a dead man laying in the middle of the northbound road. I stopped at the closest gas station and called 911. Got transferred around for about a half an hour with some dumbass cop who swore it was a tree limb. Dumbass. A dead man rolling around in the middle of a freeway. Yeah, looks just like a tree limb. Can't tell the difference between hair and leaves I guess.

It took a couple of weeks, but that image only bugs me when I bring it up. It goes away.

By Dani on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 08:26 pm:

"dani grow up for fucksake."

Yeah ok, as soon as you suck my asshole Patty.

And besides, it was ME telling YOU to grow up just the other day.

Use your own shit, loser.

By heather on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 08:49 pm:

maybe you should look into trade marking

By Bubbles on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 09:13 pm:

I didn't realize that the phrase "grow up" only belonged to you.

You know, Dani, that you could get much farther if you used brains, rather than just insults to make your points.

Your useless name calling and "suck my asshole" nonsense just makes you look unintelligent.

Get over yourself. You are boring. Let me know when you have something pointed to say about someting important, other than sex and asshole sucking and telling other people to grow up.

By Otto on Monday, April 8, 2002 - 10:13 pm:

When I was in the navy back in 1947, I was in London and met a group of young men (like I was back then), and went home with one who was quite muscular, and italian (to say the least). He sucked on my asshole, and I thought I had gone to heaven. I had a marvelous time, and thought of it often when I ran the A/V department for the public school system on Long Island. To use such an exquisite act as an affront to others is mistaken at best. Try it...You'll like it!

By J on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 03:11 am:

Otto I like Italian men,I hear ya.In all fairness I've been following Dani's and Patricks threads,I try to stay out of this shit,but I get sick of everyone picking on Dani,like I said sometimes I feel that Patrick tries to instigate her,he just wants to play devil's advocate,keep the conversation going,my s/o is like that,I use to call him a commie,he's not.I just think we ALL should watch who we call names to,and that goes for me too,I've done it too.I know I'm just being selfish,but I come here to get away from my troubles,I like you all more than I do most of my real friends and family,so it hurts me to see strife on the boards,name calling and petty bickering ,I miss Lucy,she was somebody whose post's I really enjoyed till she flipped out,I still hope she comes back,she's young.I hope you understand this.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 09:46 am:

how was seeing the dead bloody guy different than looking at that photo someone posted here recently of the dead super huge bloated guy who had been dead and rotting a week in his bed?

By Nate on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:16 am:

it was real. you see people die in picture form all the time, mostly it is fake.

i run the evidence through my head all the time now. i try to piece together what happened that caused the accident-- i think i have it. he must have pulled off to let some faster traffic by. it is one lane each way, curvy mountain road. slow people pull off regularly to let the line behind them by.

so he must have pulled off and then tried to re-enter traffic without seeing those two last cars. one slammed into his driver's side door, the other punctuated the sentence with an exclamation point.

i've had a close call like that. it's so easy with low visablity around the curves and everyone driving so goddamn fast. i can do the 14 miles in 17-18 minutes in my truck. i was even faster in the acura. day or night.

most bear creek virgins take in excess of half an hour. 45 minutes at night.

in my truck i still have people come up behind me. i still pull off to let faster traffic by.

as i approach the spot where the man died, the air begins to thicken. as i start to see the grey-white ash piles from the flares my shoulders start to tighten. i franticly examine the pulloff where the cars lay battered, empty now. searching for..? something. some remenant of the activity that occurred. not blood and teeth and bits of hair, but..? something.

it weighs on me. i want to believe it shouldn't be such a big deal, but i don't know why.

By Spider on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:39 am:

Are you thinking that that could have been you?

By patrick on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:40 am:

"as i approach the spot where the man died, the air begins to thicken. as i start to see the grey-white ash piles from the flares my shoulders start to tighten. i franticly examine the pulloff where the cars lay battered, empty now. searching for..? something. some remenant of the activity that occurred. not blood and teeth and bits of hair, but..? something."

dude. last week someone laid on the tracks subway station that I get off at, here at work. They laid down, and crush.

Coroner and clean up crew were there for hours.

My imagination has been reeling. I don't know exactly where he laid down, but everytime Im down there I look around, for anything, stains or blood. Morbid I know. Especially they day of, the air was thick , as you say. I could almost smell the institutional, heavy duty blood cleaner, because surely, a five foot man laying across the tracks would cause quite a squish.

I've seen other dead bodies in LA, on the street, in the street, and hanging out of the car. I once saw two together, lying next to each other, both ejected from the car. They have all had sheets over them, but you can see spots of blood. You KNOW whats there. Its always very disturbing. One night , leaving a party, on X, we saw a homless man, no sheet, who was either hit by a car, or just decided to die in the middle of the road. He lay there lifeless in front of the cop cruiser.

For some reason, thats more poignant than a nasty picture on the internet. Even if the guy had had a sheet over him nate, youd probably still feel the same way, right?

I completely identify with everything you're saying. It makes you feel really really really sheltered.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 11:45 am:

maybe death or even bloody, accidental death isn't such a big deal. but it doesn't mean it should never be a big deal.

maybe that's part of it. we're saturated with real (news) or fake (movies, tv) images of death that are once, twice, or thrice removed from our realities, fragmented, diluted. we're over-innoculated to images of the dead.

so seeing it for real, up close, presents a peculiar contrast, and there's no way to fragment it or dilute it into something we're used to seeing and explaining.

i don't know anything... just trying to have a dialogue about it. it's interesting.

please be careful driving, nate.

By heather on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 03:19 pm:

those pictures do a similar thing to me

they don't seem fake

i can feel them in my stomach

i just dreamt about my grandmother. about a book she tried to sell and that i went to find- i remember the going to find the woman who bought the book to get it back, but it didn't happen in this dream.
    i also found a note that said that my friend, the one i bought my car from- who never met my grandmother, paid 225 dollars to make my nana's stay more comfortable in the hospital.

do any of you have things that you 'remember' in your dream? things that never happened, neither in the dream nor in real life?

By Antigone on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

I remember other dreams. They didn't happen, right?

By Spider on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

That happens to me a lot. I wonder what's going on. Maybe the memory region of your brain is being activated indirectly, so you get the "feeling" of remembering without a memory being there. Or something.

By Christopher on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

On December 22 1997, I met my ex (He wasnt my ex at the time) after work at Mission and 4th Street in San Francisco. As we were crossing Mission, headed up toward Market street, a homeless man leapt from the roof of the City College extension. He slammed into the roof of a muni bus, and flopped into the road. The driver of the bus opened the door, looked at the guy outside of her door, closed it, and drove on to the next stop on the other side of Mission. A huge dent where the man slammed into the roof was very visible, and people were screaming at her to stop. When the man hit the roof of that bus, it sounded like a garbage can had been thrown off the roof. An elderly asian man grabbed my arm and shouted "DANGER!! DANGER!!". Mike and I ran across the street to where the man lay twisted in the road. I was the first person to reach him, and he looked me straight in the eye. I saw the light of life depart from him as he looked at me. I'll never forget it, and it fucked me up for some time. I still get chills thinking about it.

By semillama on Tuesday, April 9, 2002 - 09:37 pm:

You know, that mention of lucy made me
    think...
    I'll talk about it on a new thread.

By Chantz Warior Parker on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 11:52 am:

THIS SHIT SUCKS ASS

-BITCH

By J on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 04:19 pm:

Hey Chantz,your proctologist called,he found your head.

By Nate on Friday, January 14, 2005 - 11:39 pm:

J,I think "proctologist" is a term for " Doctor for Booty hole" . You know what I mean?

By ... on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 01:59 am:

i think she was saying Chantz had his/her head up his/her ass

By Nate on Saturday, January 15, 2005 - 11:40 pm:

nice try dickhole. idon't get jizzmopped though.

By ... on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:08 am:

i woulda guessed i got jizzmopped 5 or 6 years ago. mentally, at least.
    -mt

By ... on Sunday, January 16, 2005 - 01:09 am:

(spiracle, i didn't mean to post with my real name the other day. i have discovered vodka. sorry about the flood damage. a lot of people don't know it but flooding is one of the leading causes of property damage in the u.s. i have flood insurance, and i live in a 2nd floor apartment. a friend of a friend lost almost everything to a flood that comletely filled his 5th floor apartment up the to ceiling.)

By Cat on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 05:45 pm:

Are there any pics of Nate jizzmopping Mark? Please.

(If that was Nate because Nate has never seemed to be against a bit of ass talk)

By Nate on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 06:45 pm:

that i was the one who jizzmopped mark is one of my biggest fears.

By Platypus on Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 03:04 am:

Cat! Damn you! STAY.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact