funny punchlines for television commercials

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: funny punchlines for television commercials
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By silly on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 01:05 pm:

I remember one for a nursery "Come on down to the grass pad. The grass pads high on grass". And then I just saw one for a window tinting place that said "Do it at Mothers and save".

I was just wondering what funny little things like that you see on the television or hear on the radio.

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 03:48 pm:

Pizza Hut had this commercial running when I was in the third grade:

"Get a bag bag for a buck buck".

They were selling a nylon gym bag for a dollar with a pizza purchase.

The kids at my school (I was in Topeka Kansas at the time, I think it was 1982 or 1983?) used to sing "Get a fag bag for a butt fuck".

By patrick on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:04 pm:

are you sure it wasnt Little Caesars? I worked there in highschool and their campaign always involved the double word usage. Pizza! Pizza!

By spunky on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

Maybe, but I do not remember them being in Topeka in 83?

By dave. on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:22 pm:

ha! you worked at little caesar's!

By eri on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 05:41 pm:

I was just looking for slogans and sales pitches that were funny.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

oh yeah dave....if i was older than 18 i would have been manager!

I went straight there 3 weeks before i turned 16 and worked there right up until i left for college.

I outlasted more managers there and had my share of fringe benefits.

I havent been back as a customer since.

By Clara Peller on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

Where's the venison?

By semillama on Thursday, September 26, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

I worked at a Little Sleazers for a few months. I
    got fired for not wanting to make pizzas
    because I was sick ith the flu. All the
    managers were speed freak alcoholics.

By Lawgirl on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 04:39 pm:

the bag bag for a buck buck slogan was 100% pizza hut as I owned one of the bags!

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 06:21 pm:

And the eternal mystery is finally solved.

We can all die now.

PREPARE THE KOOL AID!

By Nate on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 06:51 pm:

TITS! TITTY TITS BOOB BOOB BOOBIE BOOB BOOB!!

By Dougie on Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 10:48 pm:

Juicy Juice is the Juicier Juice.

(The word "juice" looks weird when you stare at long enough, doesn't it?) I wonder what ever happened to Juice Newton. Now there's a name. I've been drinking a lot of organic Blueberry Juice lately, which I get at BJ's. MMM...blueberries. But not the bigass, mealy ones with no flavor -- I'm talking the tiny, Maine blueberries loaded with flava. I love that episode in Taxi where the gang is trapped in a cabin, and Jim finds some berries which he thinks are blueberries, and Alex says to Jim, "Those are blue berries, but they're not blueberries," and Jim gives Alex a look like Alex is the one who's been on a 20 year drug binge. Speaking of TV shows, I got the first season of SCTV on DVD (finally out!) and it's just as good as I remember it. There's a hysterical sketch where they do a spoof on a Masterpiece Theater series called "All the Long Leggedy Beasts" (a take-off on All Creatures Great & Small), and the vet, instead of curing animals, prefers to put them to sleep. Hilarity ensues. It's a must have. Otherwise, not much. Just been travelling a lot. Had a nice vacation in Cape Cod a couple of weeks ago. Hope you're all well. Ta.

By Dougie on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 12:17 am:

The word "sluice" also looks weird to me. If it were spelled "sloose" similar to "moose" it wouldn't look so weird. Sluicy Juice is the Sluicier Juice. Sluice Juice don't sound too appetizing does it, although there's nothing really inherently unappetizing about a sluice -- it's just a passageway for water (not sure if it has to be man-made to be qualified as a sluice though). Might get beaver fever from drinking the water from it, unless you boil it first, but past that, not really too bad. I'd drink it if I was thirsty, but I've got my trusty Polar Springs plastic bottle of water here with me --must rehydrate after all the Sam Adams I drank tonight. I'll be up 4 or 5 times tonight pissing, which is a real pisser, ain't it? Sam always gives me a headache for some reason (hooray for Excedrin PM! -- I wish they'd come out with Excedrin BM though for the day after you eat really spicy food!) Anyways, bedtime for bonzo. Night y'all.

By V on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 02:57 pm:

"beaver fever"??????????????????????explain tvarich.............??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????pardon, i am Russian,and do no understand all Americanisms!!!

By V. on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 04:51 pm:

V,only wish you you dream
    from the heart,same as "V"..................................

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact