Children

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Children
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

For those who already have children past this age, this is hilarious.
    For those who have children this age, this is not funny. For those who have children nearing this age, this is a warning. For those who have not yet had children, this is birth control

The following came from an anonymous father in Allentown,NJ:

Things I've learned from my children (honest & no kidding):

1. A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft.
    house 4 inches deep.

2. If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with
    roller blades, they can ignite.

3. A 3-year olds voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded
    restaurant.

4. If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong
    enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5. You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When
    using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6. The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit
    by a ceiling fan.

7. When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh," it's already
    too late.

8. Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9. A six-year old can start a fire with a flint rock even though a
    36-year old man says they can only do it in the movies.

10. Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year
    old.

11. Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12. Super glue is forever.

13. No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still
    can't walk on water.

14. Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15. VCR's do not eject PB&J sandwiches even though TV commercials show
    they do.

16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17. Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18. You probably do not want to know what that odor is.

19. Always look in the oven before you turn it on. Plastic toys do not
    like ovens.

20. The fire department in Allentown, NJ has a 5-minute response time.

21. The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms
    dizzy.

22. It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23. Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.The mind of a 6-year old is wonderful. First grade...true story:
    The day the first grade teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs to her class. She came to the part of the story where the first pig was trying to accumulate the building materials for his home. She read,
    "...And so the pig went up to the man with the wheelbarrow full of straw and said, 'Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?'"
    The teacher paused then asked the class, "And what do you think that man said?"
    One little boy raised his hand and said, "I think he said...'Holy shit! A talking pig!'" The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

25. 60% of men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake
    fluid.

PS, before i got to the end of this, I was thinking about trying the Clorox and Brakefluid thing myself......

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:00 pm:

Heh heh. Good for all of us to know we weren't the only kids who did dumb things.

Spunky, what you said reminded me...a coworker told me about seeing the Tall Ships (?) in the Baltimore harbor with his family when he was little. He managed to get up where the controls were and was fiddling around with them, pretending to steer the ship, and one of the crew yelled at him to get away from there. So he wanders around a bit, and a few moments later he hears the crewman yelling at someone else to get away from the controls. He turns around, and there's his dad pretending to steer the ship.

By patrick on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

"16. Garbage bags do not make good parachutes."

neither do pillow cases

By Spider on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:18 pm:

26. Gum will not come off a window screen.

By heather on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:59 pm:

27. Once a child puts car-charging pinchers
    on her tongue, she will not have the strength
    to get them off.

By spunky on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

ouch

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact