barbra streisand had the flu...

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: barbra streisand had the flu...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Spiracle on Wednesday, February 25, 1998 - 10:00 pm:
    so just having to hear celine dion
    was only half as bad as it woulda been...
    at the grammies..

did anyone see the southpark episode
    with ol' barbra?

By Sorabji on Wednesday, February 25, 1998 - 10:37 pm:
    i don't know anything about south park, or even seinfeld for that matter, but i saw all the peoples headed over to radio city tonight and for the first time thought that it looked like fun to be going to the grammy awards. all dressed up and desperate to impress some person, or to be impressed. it just seemed like an unlikely extravaganza. Maybe next year, when they're in Philadelphia... or wherever.

By
Denknee on Saturday, October 31, 1998 - 01:02 am:

"Reasons to be cheerful, part 3". It was a song by Ian Dury and the Blockheads. And I'm the third person to post. Such timing! I'm so exhilirated! Oh, and refreshed! And delighted, too. These are reasons to be cheerful. 1. 2. 3.

By R.C. on Saturday, October 31, 1998 - 02:25 am:

And I thought I weas the only Sorabjian who was an Ian Drury fan! But if you really wanna impress me w/80's music/you'll remember who recorded "Wood Bees (Pray like Aretha Franklin)" for 500?

By PetRock on Saturday, October 31, 1998 - 02:06 pm:

Who is Scritti Politti?

Thank you Alex.

Now, how about this one for 1000?

Who sang "Digging Your Scene"?

By R.C. on Saturday, October 31, 1998 - 11:36 pm:

Rooocckkkk -- a man after my own heart! (And a guy who takes his pants off as soon as he walks in the door is welcome in my home Anytime!) ;)

But did you know Scritti Politti already/or did you remember it from me mentioning it here before?

But I fear my Pet has stumped me w/'Diggin Yr Scene'! Gimme a hint -- was it techno? housemusic? A U.S. release or an import? (Not one of those British haircut bands/was it?)

By ApesMa on Tuesday, November 24, 1998 - 02:24 pm:

Uh. . ..The monkeys?

By Liam on Wednesday, November 25, 1998 - 12:17 pm:

What do any of these posts have to do with Barbra having the flu?

By Me.......... on Wednesday, November 25, 1998 - 12:24 pm:

She was delirious with fever !

By Pete on Sunday, November 29, 1998 - 06:50 pm:

R.C. -- I knew this post was somewhere but couldn't find it till now....

Would you believe that I had the Scritti Polliti record and then sold it and bought the CD? Haven't listened to it for quite some time but oh, it is nice, isn't it?

ApesMa came the closest with his/her guess. Not the Monkey's but the Blow Monkey's.....ding ding ding.

Now lets get back to Barbra having the flu.....you know how out of sorts Liam gets when the boards deviate from the topic headings (ummm.....DEVIATE!!! Does anyone else like this word?)

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, November 29, 1998 - 11:39 pm:

Yeah. It has TWO pronunciations.

Dee-VEE-eight

and

Dee-Vee-it

The second being the exciting way.

By Agatha on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 02:01 am:

i don't care about barbra having the flu in the slightest bit. poor fuckin barbra. boo fucking hoo. i'll give her something to whine about! (misplaced rage brought to you by agatha...)

By Agatha on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 02:01 am:

i don't care about barbra having the flu in the slightest bit. poor fuckin barbra. boo fucking hoo. i'll give her something to whine about! (misplaced rage brought to you by agatha...)

By Agatha postintwice muthafucka on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 02:02 am:

drat! that's what i get...

By Me.......... on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 12:36 pm:

Never, NEVER, curse the Great Barbra !!!!

By Liam on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 01:36 pm:

There used to be, or perhaps still is, a bar in San Francisco called DV 8. It had a cow over the door. I saw the Del Rubio Triblets there, before they became the Del Rubio Twins, that is.

And yes, I do like the word deviate, but I still don't see what that has to do with Barbra's health. By the way, I saw Elliot Gould in American History X this weekend.

By Me.......... on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 02:01 pm:

Duhhhh...................Why was Elliot Gould taking a course in American History ?

By Liam on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 06:56 pm:

He was playing the concerned teacher who wanted to turn Edward Norton around. I prefered the scene where Edward Norton was turned around in the shower, but that was kind of different!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 07:07 pm:

*grin*

Edward Norton grew up a mere 10 miles from me. He looks humpier as that skindhead than he did in Primal Fear. But... my man shoulda won the Oscar for that role. He was fucking brilliant!

By Agatha on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 09:14 pm:

speaking of barbra...not. my deal with barbra is that i love her voice, but i think she has become the epitome of multimarriage, shallow, fake, hollywood types. i am dissapointed with how tacky she has become in her old age. i view madonna in the same light.

By Ridin on Monday, November 30, 1998 - 11:49 pm:

You mean, the same "ray of light", right? <arh arh arh>

By Me.... on Tuesday, December 1, 1998 - 12:04 pm:

Go get'em, Agatha !!!

By Agatha on Tuesday, December 1, 1998 - 02:04 pm:

punnnny!

By Me.............. on Tuesday, December 1, 1998 - 02:15 pm:

Ridin'--that was lame.....Ms. Streisand seems to be taking herself just a little bit too seriously.........Queen Barbra-Goddess of the Nose.......*I am soooo important.......I am so awe-inspiring........I am the second coming of Christ........* Sorry....didn't mean to be so sacreligious ( about Christ-NOT Barbra-definitely not one and the same...........

By Liam on Tuesday, December 1, 1998 - 02:22 pm:

I agree. I lost interest in Barbra years ago. I still like Madonna though. And little Lourdes too. I wonder if she's friends with Frances Bean?

By Me............... on Tuesday, December 1, 1998 - 02:28 pm:

It's possible, but not probable....

By Ridin on Wednesday, December 2, 1998 - 12:00 am:

Lame? No shit? I thought it was kinda clever. Shows what I know.

By Agatha on Wednesday, December 2, 1998 - 02:38 am:

seeing as how madonna loathes courtney love, i doubt it. i think it's really lame that madonna is already planning on shipping little lourdes away to a private women's school in england where they only just allowed the students to wear pants to class about five years ago...i thought madonna would be above that star-lets-somebody-else-raise-their-child syndrome, but once again she has dissapointed me.

By Me......... on Wednesday, December 2, 1998 - 03:45 pm:

Ridin', I wuz just a funnin' ya'- it really was
    clever............Madonna is doing just what I would expect her to do....babies and kids get in the way of partying 24/7.........

By sarah on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 12:41 am:

PetRock! Spiracle! Sorabji!

man, this is weird.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact