hAPPY hALLOWEEN

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: hAPPY hALLOWEEN
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:21 pm:

Happy Halloween Sorabjites!

Eri

By Rowlf on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:24 pm:

i dont get to see many webpages like yours anymore, spunkdungeon.

By patrick on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:41 pm:

woo woo

By wisper on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:46 pm:

this year i'm Jimbo from the Simpsons
    !!!

"hey baby, my shirt's chafing me, mind if i take it off?...now my pants are chafing me!"

and my favorite:
    "Hey Simpson! This creamed corn tastes like creamed crap!"

By eri on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:52 pm:

See that guys, I am all ass, with the shortest legs on the planet!! Look at Eri, dressed like a playboy bunny, and is the same size as your average 10 year old........though the mall in that outfit was a funny experience.

By Spider on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 12:23 am:

You're damn cute, Eri.

By Rowlf on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 01:22 am:

wisper and i just went to the worst halloween party in history...

everyone sat on the couch watching the Friday the 13th marathon with captions while bad euro dance music played. then michael jacksons 'ghosts' came on, which was about as much laughter and rejoicing as we experienced in the evening.

the party was hosted by four girl roommates, each with their own idea about what the party should be, thus turning it into a non-party with no talking.

and for some reason, it was HOT. its like a summers night outside, and inside it was sweaty, which is especially bad when you're costume includes a bag on your head. at least i could use it to cover my scornful expressions.

the three roomates of our friend were vapid, useless whores. whores whores whores, no nice way around it, spending the evening talking about their 600 dollar bracelets. literally. but wisper will get more into their conversations.

then there were these two man beast boyfriend Batista types, both of which i think were named Diego, and they threw smarties at our friends. i didnt even bother getting up to go into the kitchen to get more wine (CORBETT CANYON WHITE ZINFANDEL BEATCH) because that would mean walking past Team Bring It. They kept calling me 'b' because of the "ugly bob" shirt i was wearing, and stared at me the entire night like they were plotting my beatdown.

"that guy clearly has no training regimen. i could squash him like a bug for my girlfriends temporary entertainment"

king meathead and his lady started making out on the floor at the feet of my roommate who joined us for this very special occasion. he actually didnt even notice, probably thinking more about the Optimus Prime reissue toy he just bought hours earlier.

Shitballs, this was the worst halloween ever. Even throwing a pumpkin off the balcony didnt cheer me up.

At least I still have some wine left over for tomorrow. Guess I'll rent Sopranos Season 4, get wasted and scream at Ralphie for being such an asshole.

and at least i get to see Ween on Tuesday. surely this next Ween will make up for todays 'ween.

By The Watcher on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 03:02 am:

I'm glad my wife can't see that.

I'm drooling!!!

Spunky, you're a very lucky man.

By spunky on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 10:04 am:

"i dont get to see many webpages like yours anymore, spunkdungeon."

I know it's simple, but I like it that way. It is easier to maintain and not so time consuming.

"Spunky, you're a very lucky man. "

Your preaching to the chior Watcher.
    Thanks

By eri on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 11:58 am:

Thank you Spider and Watcher. I was so nervous at first when I put it on, I couldn't stop blushing, almost embarrassed, but decided that I need to get past that insecure shit and wore it anyways........

I am sorry the party sucked so bad Rowlf. I hate getting all dressed up for some crappy party.

My friends were trying to talk me into going to this nightclub right here and enter in the costume contests. They kept saying I would win the prize for sexiest costume, but I knew that wouldn't happen. Still it sounded like fun, and no cover charge for the ladies last night. Unfortunately as we were making plans my last friend with no plans got called into work, so I didn't go.

I still had fun at the mall with the kids. It was funny watching other peoples reactions to my costume...........

By wisper on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

Priceless trashy club girl conversations at the party.
    Chunks:

1)
    "OMIGOD show me your bracelet? *gasp* that's the same one that Sheena has!"
    "Oh yeah? my boyfriend got it for me"
    "yeah! her boyfriend got it for her too! How much was it? oh wait, i know, 600 right?"
    "No"
    "No? he got hers for 600"
    "No way, like, 285 plus tax!"
    "Is it white gold? Sheena's is white gold"
    "No, it's only silver"
    "I'm so sorry!"
    "It's cool, he'll get me something better next time"

-----
    2) "okay, everybody, this is so creepy! last year, on vacation we found out that we were right near where they filmed that movie, the Exorcist? So we decided it would be cool to go see the stairs, you know, on the cover, with the light at the top? So we went there, and we found the stairs, and i thought it would be cool to take a picture, so i did, and GUESS WHAT"
    -what?"
    -"when i came back and got the film developed... IT DIDNT TURN OUT! It was just blank! That girls house is totally stilll haunted!"
    -Girl we were invited by: "uhm, actually, that movie is based on a story of a little boy who didn't live anywhere near..."
    -roomate: "Yeah, but it's still totally fucked up and scary!"
    -"i guess, but those stairs had nothing to do with anything real and.."
    -"Hellooo? IT DIDNT TURN OUT! It's haunted n shit!"

-----
    3) One of the girls was telling a story to her side of the room that i only heard parts of, but i think she was saying something about someone in her family having tummy health problems or a series of bad luck. But i perked right up when i heard:

"so my mom and dad and aunt and grandparents went to go see their family witch doctor guy, cause they're very traditional n stuff. And so he did this reading on the house and the family, and do you know what he said it was????"
    -"what??"
    "it was a baby angel, stuck in purgatory. That's what was causing it."
    -"really?"
    "uh-huh. Baby angel. In pergatory."
    -one of her friends-"oooh! that's SO sad! that poor baby!"
    "I know, isn't it too sad? 'Cause purgatory is like, between heaven and earth, right? So it couldn't find it's way, that's why it was causing so much trouble!"
    --------

truly, it was a house of horrors.

I'm not making that baby angel thing up, either. She said it so matter-of-fact i had trouble holding my shit together.

My question is, was it a "baby angel" like the spirit of a dead child, or can angels have kids in the afterlife?

And how could a baby possibly go to purgatory? Babies are innocent, for fucks sake! And......
    oh, i'd better just not think about it.

happy halloween!

By TBone on Saturday, November 1, 2003 - 08:18 pm:

It was cold here. Got down to the teens. My friend is having her big party tonight because she didn't want people to have conflicting plans and stuff. It was funny, because half the people who are going to be at her party tonight ended up watching movies at her place last night anyway.
    I was originally going to wear a cheap samurai costume, but I think I'll go as Jacques Clouseau -- the Inspector from Pink Panther.

By spunky on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 12:00 am:

He's priceless

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

Eri,charming pic.You are better looking than i thought,(and younger)you underestimate yourself a lot.Lady bless.p.s.will post you soon regarding Witchfest.

By eri on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 06:58 pm:

Exactly how old did you think I was?

Give me witchfest update as soon as you get back!!!!!

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 08:46 pm:

Eri,how old?um,well from your postings about er,60 or so.So,this is real cool that you are not at deaths door.(BLUSH)...........Apart from that,you do look,how can i put it,DAM SEXY....(sorry spunky)no offence..............WITCHFEST?of course,after midnight on the 8th november,no matter what thread your on i will post.

By eri on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 08:50 pm:

You know, VV, you can start your own thread for Witchfest......

60? Geez. Now I feel old. I haven't even hit 30 yet!!!!!

And thank you.

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 09:16 pm:

I understand you completely

By eri on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 09:53 pm:

You sure about that? Not many people do understand me. It makes life interesting.

By Rowlf on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 10:03 pm:

does that mean you thought spunk was 60?

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 10:14 pm:

nope

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 10:24 pm:

But i do understand Eri better than most.

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 10:46 am:

Kazu and I went to a much better halloween party. There were many great costumes and good music and crazy dancing. My friends Spencer and Amy went as an organ grinder (him) and the monkey (her) and it was insanely cute. It was also the stateside wedding reception for my friend Justin and his Finnish bride, Annika. They went as the game Twister. My friend Davina went as Frida Kahlo and she looked just like her, it was so good. Her boyfriend Glade went as a Mormon elder, which is even funnier when you know that he is an ex-mormon. Lots of Finns in drag. stuff like that.

We all got really wasted the night before the party, but that's Kazu's tale to tell.

By sarah on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 11:47 am:

i had a really fun halloween this year. i haven't had a fun one since the late 90's, when i dressed up as a dominatrix and ended up, well...

anyway, i think that story is written up somewhere on these boards.

dave and i went to see Galactic at Stubb's. they had a costume contest at the set break. some of the best costumes i saw were:

Roy: of Sigfried and Roy

Pot Brownies: girls dressed up in those cute little brown Brownies outfits, with pots on top of their heads

Buckethead: very creepy

Porcelean Goddess: woman dressed up like a toilet

Luke Wilson in Royal Tennenbaums: there were LOTS of people dressed up as this character, which was surprising to me.

Jesus: from Big Lebowski

dave got us on the guest list because he went to Tulane with Ben the saxaphone/harmonica player, and he used to work at Tipitinas for many years.

i got really bad cramps (out of nowhere!) during the first part of the show and happened to find a place to sit, on top of a cooler tucked into a corner of the general admission venue, next to a girl and her boyfriend from dallas, who happened to have a thousand milligrams of vicodin on him, which he traded me for beer money. i was cruisin' the rest of the night.

after the show we met up with a friend and we went to a rave-like art party on the east side called the Blue Genie party, where we met up with even more people.

i didn't get home til 3 a.m. most of the others i knew at the party didn't get to bed til after dawn. i just can't party like that anymore. or maybe i don't want to.

saturday i had a hot date.

the ass doctor left the state for two months. San Francisco -> Hawaii -> San Francisco -> Ecquador (a jungle trip in the Amazon) -> five day boat trip through the Galapagos islands -> Peru -> Houston (for christmas w/ family) -> skiing in Breckenridge for new years -> Austin.

and i wasn't invited to join up at any part of this adventure. which is fine.

so.

moving right along...

By Rowlf on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

I was really hoping to be the Ultimate Warrior this year, and get some funny muscle suit. My other backup, as i posted before, was to get Flock Of Seagulls hair and be the Pepsi spokesguy...

but those both involved time and work....

a couple years ago i went all out and went as Orgazmo. I came third in a costume contest, lost to some guy who spent 300 dollars to be one of the Talvin Singh visual blowjobs from the Cell.

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

Well, at least you didn't lose to someone who spent no money or time altogether. one of my coworkers went to a bar with a costume contest and he said the dude who won went as the Cubs fan who flubbed that game, and all he did was wear a cubs hat.

By heather on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 10:01 pm:

eri looks so cute

i was gonna say who wants to see my ass in black vinyl, but i've thought better of it

the girly sleep-over was super fun, although the karaoke before hand was almost more-so and i didn't even sing

By sarah on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:06 am:

tease.

By Platypus on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 10:54 pm:

I went to a bad party too, and while I sat there I said "is anyone else, somewhere, at a bad party?" And then I said "what would nate do?"

So I pooped and left.

By V.v. on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:11 pm:

Lapis,so did you dig out your old rubic cube costume or what?What no postings?

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 04:15 am:

You're confused.

I did not dress up this year, or rather, I didn't dress up on Halloween.

By V.v. on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 10:28 am:

Well as long as you had a good time.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

i was in bed by 11 listening to the sweet sweet sound of rain pound the house.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

By J on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 02:19 pm:

Only got one group of about 7 kids all night,I was disappointed.The previous fri. we took Orion to a halloween party where my s/o works,my favorite costume was some kid about 10 in a pimp suite,it was really flashy.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

I had no kids. I got home to late.

By wisper on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

dearest Platypus, it's so good to know i wasn't alone.

on a cosmic bad-party level.

you know.

By semillama on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 09:54 am:

we're going, to a bad party!
    It's the worst party, that's ever been!
    we're going, to a bad party!
    And I hope those jerks will let us in!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact