Sex, Body Parts, Dreamland, Insomnia

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Sex, Body Parts, Dreamland, Insomnia
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Gremlin on Monday, March 9, 1998 - 01:40 am:
    among other things here

By Gremlin on Monday, March 9, 1998 - 01:41 am:
    driving a purple Javelin
    the eternal hope of the malfunctioning ATM which everyone harbors

breakfast, slow

By Tina on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 03:18 am:
    Sex in the rain.

By AMR2LL on Saturday, March 21, 1998 - 03:32 am:
    Ditto. With Tina.

By 10 lb Ballz on Thursday, March 26, 1998 - 02:17 am:
    Bowling in the nude!

By Stu on Sunday, April 12, 1998 - 10:35 pm:
    Seeing the girl you're completely in love with after being in different countries for a month.

Happy day!

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 03:41 pm:
    FIRST TIME sex during a tremendous THUNDER STORM.

By Martin on Tuesday, August 4, 1998 - 01:15 am:
    Chaka Khan and Rufus...and beer

By - on Monday, September 7, 1998 - 08:23 pm:

especially beer

By - on Saturday, July 17, 1999 - 01:22 am:

First Time Sex with your your crush!

By Rhiannon on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 05:40 pm:

Today I saw an flyer advertising the Russian Club at Swarthmore College. It said "Come and join us for some spiritual healing!!" and it had a picture of Rasputin on it. That made my day.

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 07:05 pm:

There live a certain man in Russia long ago
    He was big and strong in his eyes aflame did glow
    Most people looked at him with terror and with fear
    But to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear

He could read the bible like a preacher full of ecstasy and fire
    But he also was the kind of creature women would desire

Rah Rah Rasputin lover of the Russian queen
    There was a cat that really was gone
    It was so bad how he carried on

He ruled the Russian land and never mind the Czar
    But the kasachok he dance really wunderbar
    In all affairs of state he was the man to please
    But he was real great when he had a girl to squeeze

For the queen he was no wheeler dealer though she heard the things he'd done
    She believed he was a holy healer who would heal her son

There was a cat that really was gone
    It was so bad how he carried on

spoken:
    But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people the demands to do something about this outrageous(ly well hung) man became louder and louder

Hey hey hey hey
    Hey hey hey hey

This man just gotta go declered his enemies
    But the ladies begged don't you try to do it please
    No doubt this Rasputin had lots of hidden charms
    Though he was a brute they just fell into his arms

Then one night some men of higher standing set a trap for the mad one
    Come to vist us us they kept demanding and he really came

Rah Rah Rasputin lover of the Russian Queen
    They put some poison into his wine
    He drank it all and still he felt fine
    They didn't quit they wanted his head
    And so they shot him till he was dead

--Boney M

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:10 pm:

I thought Rasputin was supposed to have had his eye on the little boy, Alexei.

But that was a fine song, nonetheless.

By Markus on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:35 pm:

The kid was a hemophiliac. The monk used his supposed powers of cure as a hold on the Tsaritsa. He was the power behind the power behind the throne. He was also rumored to be her lover.

The song neglects to mention that he didn't die after being shot; he was drowned in the icy river.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 09:46 pm:

I thought there were also rumors about him molesting the children, too, and especially the boy. I might have made that up, though.

The Nicholas and Alexandra treasure collection came to a museum near me a couple years ago (or last year? I can't remember). It included tons of personal letters and toys and daily life-type things (and what a life!), and there was a picture of the family in a bedroom with Rasputin standing in the doorway looking sinister. It was rather frightening.

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, February 8, 2000 - 10:17 pm:

I thought there was a line about him drowning at the end of the song, but I can't find my Boney M CD at the moment. I'm sure there are audio clips out there, but I can't find them with a quick search. Boney M was this disco group, made up of four West Indian singers, performing mainly in Germany.

I first heard it when Boiled in Lead did a version with a bit of klezmer fiddle to it.

There's a site here: http://www.historyhouse.com/stories/rasputin.htm that compares the song to the historical record.

By Isolde on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:09 am:

I was really into looking at all the Romanov stuff, including the Rasputin stuff, for a while. It's surprisingly interesting. One of the things historians surmise is that Rasputin was very into holding large orgies with upper class women, just for a random insertion of sex into this conversation.

By Margret on Wednesday, February 9, 2000 - 12:38 pm:

Wow. Boiled in Lead, no less.

By JusMiceElf on Thursday, February 10, 2000 - 12:10 am:

Yep. Wish to hell they'd tour again. I still remember the first time I saw them, they broke a glass tabletop at this little coffeehouse I used to hang out at, and the owners thought it was great.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, March 7, 2010 - 01:51 am:

Hey jaq! I looks good in summer dress!!! betcha your a jealous! But you looks ugly in Bikini!

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, March 7, 2010 - 12:31 pm:

The above posting wasn't mine! jaq, quit it!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact