It's quite fun to be annoyed

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: It's quite fun to be annoyed
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Cat on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 09:18 am:

I'm annoyed.

At everything.

And I'm quite enjoying it. I'm annoyed because I have to travel to a place I specifically requested I not travel to anymore. And I'm quite miffed at the whole Katie Holmes thing. I don't care if she looks virginal, she probably has a huge gaping cunt and I don't really care that she might get her feelings hurt.

It's quite nice being in a continual state of sneering.

By jack on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 10:50 am:

what a lame thread.

By Nate on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 04:07 pm:

it wasn't a thread until you contributed, jackass.

By heather on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 04:17 pm:

i'm horny despite [or maybe because of?] copious sex

this includes the garden [oh my]

i'm hungry

i'm happy

i adore someone [far too much]

By Cat on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 08:05 pm:

Yes Jack, it now has legs.

By droopy on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 08:21 pm:

i'm all for annoyance.

By jack on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 11:56 pm:

i sneer in the general direction of the legs.

By Cat on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 11:57 pm:

Being annointed by annoyance is better than blathering in blandness.

By jack on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 12:00 am:

bathing in blather < snark

By Cat on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 03:08 am:

lathering in bark < blah

By jack on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:03 am:

cool barking < hot ennui

By droopy on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:29 am:

i need lyrics for the broadway musical i'm writing. i think i can make the last 4 posts work as a duet in 3/4 time.

By jack on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 11:52 am:

my unprofessional opinion is that for a musical adaptation in 3/4, be sure to include an extended melisma on the female "blah"

By droopy on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 12:39 pm:

i looked "melisma" up in the dictionary, but i still don't quite understand it.

the way i hear it in my head, it would be too awkward for the singers to sneak in the "snark" and "blah", the next bar coming so quickly. i'm thinking that each singer will have his/her own chorus - say they're at a party at a penthouse, a ritzy hotel bar, or a creepy old house after their car broke down in the rain - and each has their own sort of entourage of supporters to provide musical ejaculations.

i'm getting excited about this.

By Nate on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 10:16 pm:

By heather on Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 10:32 pm:

*laugh*

i can't believe i was talking about sex and being horny. that's
    embarrassing... let's say i didn't. let's say it was d pretending to
    be me.

By moonit on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:49 am:

just kill me now

By patrick on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 07:12 pm:

"huge gaping cunt"

"im horny despite"

"supporters provide musical ejaculations"

wow. you were ALL in a very special place recently?

By Cat on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 10:25 pm:

I'm not annoyed anymore.

I think a miracle occurred this morning.

I spoke to someone on the internet who actually really wanted to know what I was doing and thinking. And he even remembered our prior conversation and asked follow-up questions about things I'd mentioned. And he picked the things that were important to me to ask about. I swear the sky is going to fall in and my ass will fit into those size 2 jeans.

By droopy on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 11:51 pm:

i see good meat in your future

By platypus on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 12:13 am:

That and my ass is getting handed to me in this damn game of scrabble!

By Cat on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:26 am:

Droops, that's the best offer I've had all week. And I know where you live. ;)

Platy, that's the best ass I've had all week. Thanks.

By droopy on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 01:37 pm:

well, i didn't necessarily mean me.

but i do have good meat for all the ladies.

assuming you like mesquite-grilled venison.

By Cat on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 04:32 pm:

I don't eat anything that is cuter than me.

But thank you anyways.

By patrick on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 05:55 pm:

ouch

By droopy on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 08:44 pm:

surely there is nothing cuter than you, cat.

just so there's no confusion. what i meant by all that was "it seems like you've met a nice guy" and "i have nothing to offer anybody."

By Cat on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 04:37 am:

surely there is none more gentlemanly than you, droop.

i knew what you meant.

i beg to differ on your offerings.

By droopy on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 11:12 am:

i don't even have the venison anymore. finished it all off wrapped in corn tortillas.

meatless, am i.

By eri on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 12:52 am:

Droopy the one thing we don't lack around here is meat in the house. Food stamps and a 14 cubic foot freezer.......

We're looking at being transferred next June........to Plano TX.....

Any words of advice for those in the Dallas area?

By droopy on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 01:13 am:

you and spunky will do just fine in plano.

better than i would.

By Antigone on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 01:58 am:

Sheeeit, you'll be spitting distance from me. I live in Richardson. The ironic thing is that, by that time, I may be moving to Florida...

I thought the spunkster was working for the military again. What's military in Plano?

By eri on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 05:59 pm:

Military told him to leave after two days on the job, they recinded (sp?) their offer. He's been doing temp jobs for a while and is now working for Perot Systems (I know you guys will find humor in that one!). So we are looking at being transferred there when he has a year in (next june/july), but are also looking at McKinney, Plano, and any other surrounding areas. I am not sure if Plano is where we will want to be.

By Antigone on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 06:25 pm:

Ah, you don't have to live in Plano just because he works there. The schools are great, though. If you do move up, definately give me a buzz. I know many people in lots of communities. (Conservative, religious, pagan, unitarian, whatever...) I can hook you up.

By eri on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 04:48 pm:

We'll let you know more as we know more. We're still looking at a year away.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact