Ok, off to get married! talk to you guys later

sorabji.com: Reasons to be cheerful: Ok, off to get married! talk to you guys later
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 02:25 pm:

I'm leaving for the airport in 2 1/2 hours with a suitcase stuffed to the limit. I'll be arriving in Boston at 9pm and then it's a week of getting everything finalized for the grand wedding of Kazu and Semillama.

I probably won't be posting at all in the next two weeks, so I thought I would get my goodbyes in now!

See you all in July!

By heather on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 03:10 pm:

wait a minute

did i know you guys were getting married right now? did i think you were already married?

no matter, congratulations! have an amazing time!

By kazu on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 03:58 pm:

It's going to suck. Rain is predicted.

By semillama on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 04:38 pm:

rain is not predicted.

By Karla on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 05:08 pm:

Woo-hoo! Congratulations!

By Dougie on Friday, June 15, 2007 - 08:57 pm:

That's awesome news! Good luck, and many happy years together!

By platypus on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 12:06 am:

Yay! That is awesome, and congratulations! Sunny days will happen. They must.

By kazu on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 10:05 am:

Sem forgot the rings.

By sarah on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 02:42 pm:

you have two weeks. have someone ship them express.

i didn't know the wedding was NOW, it really snuck up on me.

congratulations and have a wonderful time.

and from someone who just got married, a little reminder - in the end, no matter what happens, the rain, the rings, the annoying family - it's not about any of that.

it's about the two of you and your love and your commitment. to love and be loved is the most precious, beautiful thing in life. let that be your mantra during this time.

best to you both.

By wisper on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 03:23 pm:

go go go go go

By agatha on Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 11:28 pm:

What? Meddied? I had no idea it was this soon, either. We need reports every ten minutes during the ceremony from your blackberry, please.

You guys can do mime rings! That would be so rad.

By J on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 02:37 am:

Well if for some reason you can't get the rings,remember a ring is just a symbol and just substitute some cheap fake ones till you get your real ones.Once you have the real rings you can have pictures made wearing them after the wedding,those ones of hands holding are beautiful.Best Wishes and Love:)

By droopy on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 02:49 am:

congratulations, kids.

By kazu on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 02:20 pm:

We have less than one week.

By kazu on Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 02:36 pm:

I'm tired of people telling me to stop fretting about the possibility of rain. A wedding is just a party, a big dog and pony show that has little, if anything, to do with love and committment. We have all of that regardless. If it rains, it's not going to be fun. Rainy barbeques are not fun. Everyone is going to be stuck inside.

The possibility of rain is making me sick. We should have eloped.

By kazu on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 12:04 am:

I'm sorry. I've been very cranky.

Your good wishes mean a lot.

Thanks. :)

Andy's tattoo person will be there. Perhaps he can tattoo our rings onto our fingers during the ceremony.

By agatha on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 03:37 pm:

It's all good kazu. I think when people say "don't worry," what they really mean is try not to let your fretting ruin the joy of your marriage experience, because you know it's going to be a wonderful thing regardless of all the small stuff. Ultimately, you and sem have found soulmates in each other and are getting ready to spend your lives together, and the rings and the hair and the flowers aren't going to change any of that. It's going to be great, and you're both going to be beautiful.

I still like the idea of mime rings. You can both pretend to be trapped inside invisible mime boxes, and then...

By kazu on Monday, June 18, 2007 - 11:18 pm:

By J on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 06:18 pm:

That's a really nice picture,your dog looks happy:)

By semillama on Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 12:09 pm:

He doesn't realize he can has not cheezburger.

By agatha on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 12:36 pm:

Can has not cheezburger? Ooooh noooes!

I would like some wedding details, if either of you are unfreaked-out enough to provide them.

By kazu on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 02:02 pm:

Here's a good one, if you promise not to tell my mother.

We're telling anyone who asks that the bridal processional is Handel's "The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" but it's really, "The Throne Room/Finale" from Star Wars Episode IV.

By wisper on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 02:38 pm:

YES

By lapis on Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 04:35 pm:

awesome! best wishes to you both.

when it comes down to it all, you're sharing your special moment with the people you love. nothing else matters.

i second agatha's mime rings.

wedding season! i'm doing security for a clown wedding tonight dressed as a bunny in a bikini.

By Antigone on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 02:08 am:

So who's going to be bouncing back and forth on their wheels and beeping at the altar?

By kazu on Friday, June 22, 2007 - 08:28 am:

Henry. Although it's less bouncing and beeping
    and more barking and butt sniffing.

That's not true, but Sem really wanted Henry to
    be the ring bearer.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 12:47 am:

lol kazu

By kazu on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 11:59 am:

Wedding Disaster #3

My brother got sucker-punched last night by
    some punks out starting trouble.

His face is swollen, he has a cut on his arm,
    and he's in pain.

Poor kid.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 06:10 pm:

Sorry about that.

By agatha on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 01:20 pm:

What was the story leading up to that? It's bound to be a good one. You will just look even more lovely in comparison to your brother and his swollen face.

What was wedding disaster #2? Threat of rain?

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 02:42 pm:

What is the wedding disaster # when a Bride or Groom fail to show up?

By mrsllama on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 11:15 pm:

By mrsllama on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 11:19 pm:

Agatha, my brother and cousin were just waiting in the
    parking lot at a bar when some shithead came up and
    punched him.

By platypus on Monday, June 25, 2007 - 11:42 pm:

The picture of you putting the ring on Sem is...superb.

By agatha on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 02:26 am:

May I second platy, enthusiastically? Your tongue! It's so fucking cute! Where are the rest of the pictures? And, seriously, is that sky in the background fake? If not, the gods were certainly smiling down on you two.

By mrsllama on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 09:53 am:

There will be more later. The cottage where we are
    staying in Bar Harbor, Maine has lousy internets that
    make downloading photos painful.

By Antigone on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 02:17 pm:

Hey, why don't ya'll concern yourselves with another series of tubes for a while. :P

Right before my wedding, my grandfather, 94 and fresh off the plane from Tennessee, got sucker punched by a concrete parking lot. :( He fell and hit his head and spent all night in the emergency room, but made it to the wedding. He is the toughest SOB I know.

By spunky on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 05:19 pm:

Congrats Mr & Mrs LLama!

By Hal on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 06:33 pm:

I got married too... My wedding wasn't half as interesting as that.

By lapis on Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:24 pm:

peanut butter.

hooray for the llamas!

By Antigone on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 01:25 am:

I be posting from my iPhone, biatch!

By lapis on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 01:28 am:

well, aren't you just special.

eat it, biatch!

By wisper on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 04:32 am:

what does the iphone do that other fancy cell phones....can't? For hundreds of dollars less?

I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

By Hal on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 08:45 am:

Nothing.

By sarah on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 01:25 pm:

i saw a baby onesie that said "iPoo" on the front.

congrats you guys!

By kazu on Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 07:42 pm:

I love the iPoo onesie.

I also love the one that says, "My brother is a pug."

By agatha on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 02:45 pm:

Okay guys, I really want an iphone. Talk me down here.

By Antigone on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 06:49 pm:

Do it!!

By platypus on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 07:55 pm:

Buy me a replacement for my broken digital camera instead!

(please?)

By Hal on Sunday, July 1, 2007 - 09:30 pm:

It's just a phone Agatha. It's a trend product, nothing it does is revolutionary, and there are several products out there that will do the same thing an iphone will for several hundred dollars cheaper.

Please don't be a trend whore. It would make me sad.

By J on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 02:33 am:

Hey Hal good to see you,how's married life? I'm proud to say I have never gone to a Starbucks and I'm never going to.

By Antigone on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 03:25 am:

Nah, hal. The thing really is cool. It's basically every gadget I
    need, all rolled into one. Well worth the bucks, IMHO.

By agatha on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 02:31 pm:

You're not helping, Tiggy. And Hal, the threat of being a trend whore is not enough to keep me from buying something if I think it's really cool. Oh, and welcome back, you bastard. Who told you that you could just disappear for long periods of time and then come back married, pretending nothing has happened? Pfffft.

Thanks for trying, though.

By wisper on Monday, July 2, 2007 - 05:38 pm:

agatha, it has a glass screen. GLASS. And it really can't be said enough- it does the same things that most other cell phones can do for hundreds of dollars less. It has the same battery problem that ipods do- once the battery dies you can't change it yourself or buy and extra one, only Apple can change them for $$$$ and you're without a phone while they do it. The battery life estimate is 2 years.

By heather on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 01:23 am:

other phones don't really do the same thing. i'm just sayin.

and two years is about the life of a high end tech thingie, especially for an early adopter.

i don't feel the burning desire to have one, but that has a lot to do with being in sf and it will just be what everyone has in short order.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 01:34 am:

Getting better, wisper, but I'm still not all the way convinced. The glass screen is the most off-putting thing I've considered about it so far. Also, I really don't like fingerprinty screens, and the iphone will for sure have fingerprints galore. Those are the only two negatives that really matter to me so far, besides the slow internet speed when you're outside range of any wireless connections. Also, platy sent me a great cartoon rendition of the iphone that put things in perspective pretty well. Maybe she can post a link or something.

Sem and kazu, I deeply apologize for hijacking your wedding thread with iphone discussion. You guys can take it back when you're done having sex for two weeks straight and ready to talk to us again.

By kazu on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 02:52 am:

By kazu on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 02:53 am:

And I want you too see the new ones, not because I am trying to be an attention whore, but because there are some really great shots of the barn where the wedding was held.

By kazu on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 02:55 am:

Also, I got my hairs cut today. 6 inches. I feel so liberated.

By platypus on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 03:02 am:

The barn is awesome, and so is the picture of you recoiling in horror from something. Both of the facial expressions in that shot are spectacular.

By agatha on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 03:04 am:

You have earned the right to be an attention whore! Wave that flag, girl! You just got married!

In other news, that barn is amazing-tastic.

Also, getting haircuts rulz.

By kazu on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 03:08 am:

I don't think it was horror, just my mother's cousin's talent for capturing people mid-sentence when their mouths are twisted in interesting ways.

By platypus on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 03:09 am:

I need to get my hairs trimmed. They are getting a bit rambunctious.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 - 02:10 pm:

The glass is fine. iPods before had a problem with the screen being highly scratchable. Glass fixes this, but you can imagine I haven't put mine to the test yet. :)

Awsome pics, kazu. This is your thread I hijacked, after all. :)

By Hal on Wednesday, July 4, 2007 - 07:48 am:

List of bad things about the iphone (assuming you don't mind paying out the ass for a phone that has the same features of phones hundreds of dollars less.):

1) You can’t import more or use your MP3s as ringtones.

2)There’s no third party applications allowed on the iPhone; with Steve Jobs suggesting that developers use the Safari web browser and AJAX to simulate them on the internet.

3)There’s no wireless synching with your Mac, no video recording or video output, or microSD memory card capabilities, though the iPhone does already come with 4-8GB of onboard memory.

4)Did I mention it's expensive as hell?

5)It's reported to have problems with some bluetooth headsets.

6)The camera isn't even close to current "new" phone standards, almost any phone you find with the same features as an iphone will have a 4+ megapixel camera, while the iphone has the same 2.5 megapixel camera my razr has.

Anyway, not to mention that you'll have to FIND one now.
    -----------------------

I got married, ended up off the internet for far too long. And frankly, I missed you guys. Being married is..... weird to say the least. And I'm sorry Agatha, my dog ate my sorabji absence permission slip.

By moonit on Thursday, July 5, 2007 - 02:12 am:

ha. My dog eats everything. Andrew found my bra, my scarf and one glove outside in a hole yesterday. She hides things.

Awesome wedding pics Mr and Mrs Llama.

By J on Thursday, July 5, 2007 - 02:42 am:

Kazu,Sem,that "barn" was beautiful and you both look so adorable' best wishes.Can I have Henry? Just kidding but he's sooo cute,love the picture with the tongue out:)

By J on Saturday, July 7, 2007 - 02:27 am:

By the way,better hurry up and start spawning while your parents are young enough to babysit:)

By kazu on Saturday, July 7, 2007 - 01:58 pm:

Why "barn"?

It happened to be a functioning farm and we have tractor pictures
    to prove it.

We did not, however, get pictures of the sheep and llama (yes, a
    llama) that live down on the other end of the property because we
    didn't want the llama spitting on my apron.

J, there are some days I would be more than happy to let you have
    Henry.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 08:49 pm:

By Rowlfe on Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 04:07 am:

congrats

By agatha on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 12:42 am:

My favorites are the one called "everybody! everybody!" and the one of you getting ready to go-kart in your red suit.

MAWWIAGE...

By J on Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 02:56 am:

The "barn" just looks too nice,I can't see critters sleeping there in hay now. I remember you posted a picture of it quite some time ago and I meant to comment on the barn then,the light looked so soft.
    I love the bird pictures Sem,I'm a bird lover too.

By wisper on Monday, October 1, 2007 - 02:33 pm:

By semillama on Monday, October 1, 2007 - 02:57 pm:

That's the best advertisement for a cell phone I've ever seen.

By agatha on Monday, October 1, 2007 - 03:57 pm:

That's so frickin awesome. I just stole it for my stupidhead blog.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, October 2, 2007 - 03:26 am:

I have always liked nokia,cause , I hacked those phone such as secret codes and tricks.

By sarah on Wednesday, October 3, 2007 - 12:33 am:

holy hell, that's funny.

i had dinner a couple weeks ago with a friend who got an iPhone as a perk at her job.

i admit that some of its features are really cool, like the photo gallery and how you can browse through pictures, as well as your address book and stuff.

ain't saying it's better than a Nokia, only that it was pretty cool.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact