sushi

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: sushi
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sarah on Tuesday, April 7, 1998 - 09:42 pm:
    but why oh why oh why do they put
    mayonaise in sushi? it should be
    a criminal offense. you know the
    death of cultural diversity is
    nigh when mayonaise enters into
    the asian cuisine repetoir.

By Christopher on Tuesday, April 7, 1998 - 10:18 pm:
    Dear God, Sarah, Where the heck are you buying Sushi??? Here in San Francisco, if even the lowliest sushi chef put Mayo in the sushi, they'd end up as stir fry. Yikes!

By Alex on Wednesday, April 8, 1998 - 04:13 am:
    um.....yeah---mayo+sushi=repulsive!
    Where ARE you buying sushi? I've never heard of
    that. Don't go there anymore, please!

mayonnaise has appeared in asian cuisine, though

By KiMlin on Monday, June 15, 1998 - 12:03 am:
    The "mayonaise" you are talking about is (i believe) called/ pronounced tamago-no-moto and is quite different then regular american mayonaise. i saw your page and was quite perplexed at the subject and found a page explaning exactly what it is. it contains miso and sme other things....So it is NOT at ALL mayo (in my view).

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 07:12 am:
    I have had this Japanese mayo applied to fish before cooking, and it is OKAY...but never on the raw fish contained in sushi.

It is also good to dip steamed, cold broccoli into the Japanese mayonaise substance.

By
Shun on Tuesday, August 18, 1998 - 11:13 am:

Personally, I do know that people from Hawaii and California like California Roll that has mayo in it. However, there is no raw fish, just fake crab meat (kamaboko). Never on raw fish!

By sarah on Wednesday, May 16, 2001 - 10:57 pm:

so, get this. i almost died this morning.

when i was a little girl living in Rochester, Michigan, i once had a terrible allergic reaction to eating fish. smelt, as i recall. i couldn't breathe, i couldn't swallow, and i felt sick. it was a horrifying experience, and from then on out, i never ate fish again.

until i moved to hawaii.

i was at a nice restaurant about 3-4 years ago and i accidentally ate an appetizer that had fish in it, unbeknownst to me. When someone pointed out that it was made with salmon, i panicked. But then i realized that nothing bad was happening to me. In fact, i was just fine. And i ate some more of it and i didn't have an allergic reaction.

so for the past few years I've been experimenting with eating fish. i can eat ahi (yellow fin tuna), mahimahi, opa, ono, salmon, opakapaka, aku (swordfish), and all kinds of sushi, including eel. And not only am i NOT allergic to any of those fish, they are totally delicious.

so about a week ago i bought some fresh halibut at the fish market. i decided to cook some up for supper last night, but i didn't end up eating it, so i put it in the fridge. This morning i had to get up really early for work and i always eat breakfast, but didn't have enough time to make eggs, so i heated up the fish in the microwave and sat down to quickly eat it, along with a bowl of strawberries, before jetting off to the office.

a few bites into the fish, i got a funny feeling throughout my body, sort of like a hot flash or a surge of adrenaline. i knew something wasn't right, but i had no idea what it was. Quickly in my mind i thought, "post-surgery physical malaise" or "fatigue" or "I'm eating way too early in the &%$##@ morning" or "hormones". so i kept eating. A few moments later my scalp and face felt itchy and hot. then my lips started tingling. i stopped and gulped some tea. then i couldn't swallow and my esophagus started burning.

then i had an asthma attack.

i went to the bathroom to hunt down an inhaler, but there was none to be found, because i haven't had an asthma attack in 8 years, probably longer. i looked in the bathroom mirror and my whole face was red and swollen like a baloon, my eyes were bloodshot and my vision was blurry and i got dizzy. i quickly got dressed and grabbed my keys, thinking i should drive myself to the emergency room. but i figured there wasn't enough time, so instead i called my dad.

he lives only a few miles from my house and about a 2 minute drive away. i woke him up and told him what was happening. He said he was on his way with some Albuterol. He's got severe asthma.

in the meantime, i gulped down warm water to clear my throat and concentrated on breathing. i tried to vomit but i couldn't - luckily I've never been a good puker (which is probably how i've avoided becoming bulemic). my dad arrived in an instant and i hit the inhaler, and i was fine again.

my adrenal glands must be in good working order because they were able to release enough cortisol and adrenaline to deal with the allergy, and in an hour or two the swelling in my face was gone and the hot flashes stopped and i got my vision back.

now it's like nothing ever happened. totally bizarre.

funny, too, because all my life my family has told me that my fish allergy was all just in my head...

By patrick on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

fish heads fish heads, rolly polly fish heads

eat them up YUM

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 01:02 pm:

GOOD POST PATRICK!!!!

i'm glad you're ok sarah. strong food allergies are scary.

i have a friend who is extremely allergic to nuts. he has a whole speil that he does at resturaunts, that goes on and on and on but basically sums up to:

"if there are any nuts or nut byproducts in the food you bring me, i will die before you can call 911."

which is more or less true. which is scary.

outside of a couple snakes in catland, i don't think there is anything that could kill me so fast.

By Hal on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 01:12 pm:

Wow that sad a life without peanut butter...

I love sushi, although here in Montana the quality isn't quite that of California... Not because we don't have good sushi chefs just because we don't quite get the freshest of raw fish. Its good none the less though...

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

when you going to come visit hal? i'll show you some sushi.

By pez on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

sushi doesn't always contain raw fish. there is vegetarian sushi and cooked sushi. raw-fish sushi is called sashimi.

By droopy on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

i have a friend who has frue, froo, frew, frou, or something like that. she's allergic to wheat and wheat products. she can't eat bread, pie, cake, or cookies and it's scarred her for life. i don't think i've ever sat at a table with her, at home or in restaurant, where the subject of this ailment didn't come up.

By patrick on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

i have a coworker with that ailment

By sarah on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

from what i understand, it's actually an allergy to wheat gluten. i have developed that same allergy, but it's not severe. whenever i eat anything w/ wheat in it (bread, crackers, pasta, cake...) i get headaches and fatigue and other sort of vague not feeling so good symptoms. i've had this all my life and never knew it, until i stopped eating all wheat products for 6-8 months, and when i started again, whoa, bad news.

one of my former step mom's had the peanut allergy, and also an allergy to eggs. she basically couldn't eat anything.

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

you're wrong, pez.

about the sashimi bit.

but that's ok.

i've never seen vegetarian nigiri, though i have seen cooked (fish) (unagi, obviously. katsuo tends to be seared.)

my place for sushi has an excellent array of vegitarian maki. maki with fish in it, too.

fuck i love sushi.

FUCK I LOVE SUSHI.

FUCK I LOVE SHHAIHTEAL.

AEHTEKAWTJLA KLAEFKEW WOETL

By patrick on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:04 pm:

you have many step moms sarah?

By Czarina on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

I have a friend who has recently been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Disorder.

That is all I hear from her......."I have a disorder,you know."

This has scarred me for life.It is causing me to develop a disorder of my own.

The Insipid Friend Syndrome.

[and I can assure you,that I have been quite tolerant of listening to her "disorder" complaints]

By J on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

I'd just like to point out that I'm not that friend.

By Platypus on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

I just made sushi for lunch. I'm a big fan of sushi. But I'm not a big fan of food allergies, and so it makes me happy that I don't have any.

By Hal on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

Food Allergies suck... Nate I guess I'll have to come visit sometime this summer or something.

Eat good sushi to my hearts content.

By Dougie on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

Yeah, they make a "spicy tuna" tartare thing at the sushi restaurant I go to, they mix chopped up tuna with mayo and scallions and wasabi. I'm not sure if it's Hellman's mayo or the Japanese stuff Kimlin mentions above. Actually, I like that stuff a lot.

By Nate on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 04:59 pm:

i've never seen spicy tuna with mayo. sriracha, yes. but not mayo.

mayo, scallions and wasabi doesn't sound very spicy to me.

By patrick on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

i burned the fuck out of my lip on a Hot Pocket the other night. I made the mistake of putting hot sauce on my falafel pita.

By Czarina on Thursday, May 17, 2001 - 05:51 pm:

I can back J up on that.Its not her.

By moonit on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 06:04 am:

We've got a Sushi Train place here - wierd.

Jules gave me sushi once.

I'm not a fan.

By JboxR on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 11:45 am:

Japanese mayonaise IS ALMOST IDENTICLE to mayonaise in other countries. It does NOT have "miso" in it. Other sauces MAY have mayonaise, or something resembling it, mixed with "miso" but that is not "Japanese-mayonaise" per say.

They DO put mayonaise on some types of raw fish.

Sushi is RAW fish with rice, often mixed up with seaweed and other unknown objects into a sort of salad.

Sashimi refers to the slab of fish you dip in soy sauce and gobble down. It often rides on top of a wad of specially prepared rice.

No-fish sushi is NOT sushi. It is a stupid American (?) creation with a dumber name - kind of like calling a Californian Roll, sushi.

Sushi or Sashimi (whatever you choose) train restaraunts are cheap at $1 a plate (that's two wads of rice with fish on it) and expensive at $5 bucks - at least here in Japan...

...where they use mayonaise on some sushi/sashimi

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 12:00 pm:

bunch of squabblin raw fish-eating motherfuckers

By Dougie on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 12:00 pm:

Right Nate, not terribly spicy, but it's good -- they serve it with endive leaves which you scoop it up with and eat -- nice texture contrast, crunchy & smooth.

I hate that sealegs stuff -- it's ground up trash fish made to look like king crab legs.

I had weakfish (sea trout) last night for the first time, caught a 7 lber yesterday, and broiled the steaks. Nice, kind of soft sweet white meat.

By Hal on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

Feel the fish eatin love.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:23 pm:

"Sushi is RAW fish with rice, often mixed up with seaweed and other unknown objects into a sort of salad."

sounds kind of like chirashi (sashimi)

"Sashimi refers to the slab of fish you dip in soy sauce and gobble down. It often rides on top of a wad of specially prepared rice."

this would be nigiri sushi.

what about maki?

you must be military.

go sushi train! an australian (?) invention.

it is laughable to think of a real, oldfashioned sushi chef (in japan) putting his sushi on a train.

or a boat, for that matter.

By sarah on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:27 pm:

two foods in this world that are just wrong:

1. mayonnaise

2. milk

there's this famous sushi place where you sidle up to the bar and the placard above reads "Today's Special: Trust Me" and you just sit and they bring you the most tender, flavorful fresh sushi (mostly sashimi style) that will ever melt in your mouth. served with ice cold sake. holy shit.

nate, maybe you need to visit me in hawaii before visiting me in austin. there's still time, and it's onlly a 5 hour flight.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

at the joint in my hood they offer "boats" basically a large meal package, served on a large boat shaped platter made for two.

By cyst on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:33 pm:

portland has a train sushi joint. vancouver has a restaurant with a sushi-making machine.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

sounds tempting, sarah. unfortunately i exhausted my chance of taking a vacation anytime soon by going insane.

that's what i do in japan. just tell the chef to hook up some nigiri.

after all, the chef knows what's best on any given day.

and it's all good.

except the hirame in your case, sarah.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:48 pm:

milk? wrong?

milk, baby,kitten, puppy, calf, pony etc. LIFE.

Any liquid that nurtures creatures when born is hardly wrong as far as i can tell.

By sarah on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

*going* insane?

;-)

anyway, i'm starting to think the allergy might not be to fish meat, but rather certain fish bones. smelt, you eat the bones. halibut you don't, but sometimes one or two slides down in there and you can't help it. does anyone know anything about fish bones? toxicity? though sometimes you accidentally eat a little salmon bone, yet i'm not allergic to salmon. ahhh, yes, now that i think about it... i do have a weird throat reaction to *smoked* salmon - the dried kind - though not as severe as what happened the other morning.

anyway. it's just weird.

By sarah on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 01:51 pm:

patrick, don't be an idiot. you know what i mean.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

lactose bad?

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:01 pm:

its been well documented i am an idiot.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

adults are not supposed to drink milk. the human body isn't geared for it.

soy milk tastes so much better on your cornflakes anyway.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:11 pm:

mayo, on the other hand. just give me a fucking spoon.

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

i understand that. I was adamently raised on milk though....my grandma wouldn't let me out of the door without making me drink a glass of milk.

i rarely drink it now though. we usually only have a quart at a time and its mostly used for cooking.

i think Dukes is my fav mayo....

By patrick on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

dammit why wont media player move the cd to the next track.

Do recordable CD's not register with software?

my pal made me a cd of rare Tom Waits live performances.

By Hal on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

SUSHI MACHINE.... That sounds like such a bad idea. Is it like some sort of vending machine?

By Platypus on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 04:45 pm:

Soymilk is one of nastiest things I've ever had. No offense to anyone who likes it, or any soy product, but I'm not a soy fan. It's not that good for you anyhow.

Actually, Japanese do have vegetable rolls--that is to say rice rolled in nori with vegetables and no fish. However, the majority of dishes involving rice and nori do in fact contain some kind of fish, whether raw, cooked, dressed with mayo, or shoved up your ass.

By Nate on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 06:00 pm:

i really like soy.

i drink soy milk every morning.

it makes great mashed potatoes.

By heather on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 09:40 pm:

By moonit on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 10:11 pm:

No kiwi dammit. Or maybe Japanese seeing its a sushi bar. With a train.

You sit at this big round table and it has a train track on it and round comes the sushi on the carriages.

Weird.

By Nate on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 04:12 am:

ya, i think they started in australia though.

the sushi trains.

By Nate on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 04:14 am:

great. thanks heather.

that's exactly what i wanted to see.

By semillama on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

Some fucker who drinks ZIMA of all things tried to rag on me for drinking chocolate flavored soymilk (Silk, actually). No use explaining to that type of person that it tastes better. Milk doesn't even taste good to me anymore, actually, although my European heritage has made me lactose tolerant.

By Dougie on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

Damn, there's nothing finer to me than a tall, cold glass of whole milk, none of that 1% shit. It's gotta be in paper or glass containers though because in those plastic jugs, you can taste the plastic.

By Nate on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 07:16 pm:

uh. in those paper containers you can taste the paper. it all depends on what you grow up with.

i'm a vita-soy kind of guy. i think it's a lot better than silk.

of course, silk people tend to think vita-soy tastes like goat snot.

whatever.

there is this new shit i tried that is made with soy and fruit juice. i guess the main ingredient is actually agave juice. it's like a citrus-flavored liquid breakfast. i can't remember what it's called.

how inane.

but anyway, it's really good. like those orange-dream popsicle things.

By sarah on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 04:38 am:

zima is the offical sorabjiite drink. you remember my theory on zima, right? they simply fermented all those billions of unsold cases of Crystal Pepsi.

By sarah on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 04:40 am:

btw, i made pecanbutter chocolate chip cookies yesterday. i made the pecanbutter from scratch. took the cookies to the beach today and my friends gobbled them down. but not with milk. with root beer and diet dr pepper.

By JboxR on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 10:27 am:

Well sarah, you make a good point. I'd have a tough time choosing between milk and (a decent)root beer. Root beer, btw, is a rare and precious item here in Japan where you can only get "Dad's Rootbeer" (gross) and you have to pay $1.50 for a can.

However! With the extra-fat milk they have on the market here in Japan, when it comes to cookies, I'd have to go with the milk and save the root beer for pizza.

And Nate, you probably are correct about chirashi-zushi (pronounced with 'z' sound when said together) and nigiri-zushi, etc. I'm smart enough to know I'm stupid enough to make mistakes.... even if I'm not in the military.

By Nate on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

jboxer-san, i know that there is a diversity of makimono found here (in california, anyway,) that isn't found in japan. i think that's what you were saying.

of course, calling this a stupid american invention got to me. it's fucking good whoever started it.

as is the real thing.

just like grape soda. definitely not tasting like grape, but man is it good.

and i wasn't talking intelligence when i said military.

and i've had this stick up my ass for so long i'm starting to choke on shitty end.

so whatever.

By agatha on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

nate, mwah.

By Platypus on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 03:33 pm:

Jboxer, send me your addy and I'll see about shipping you some decent root beer.

By semillama on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 04:42 pm:

I thought the official Sorabji drink was white lightning.

By Nate on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 09:10 pm:

and i thought it was horse cum.

learn something every day.

By Platypus on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 10:59 pm:

I didn't say nothin' 'bout no official drinks.

By JboxR on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 10:27 am:

Nate - point taken abt grape soda. And can we
    also agree that the words 'military' and
    'intelligence' should not be used in the same
    sentence? At least not without a negative form of
    a verb?

"Oh, you're a civilian and know nothing about
    driving a submarine? Well I've got my periscope
    up my ass so why don't you drive us around for
    awhile!" (this is the *actual* recording of the
    'blackbox' in the sub that sank the Japanese boat
    earlier this year)

By Hal on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 01:20 pm:

Mt.Dew, Fat Tire, Chimay, and Hornsby's Hard Cider.

And if its milk it damn well better be 2% or Whole.

I think that Nate is right, it all depends what you grew up with.

By Kalliope on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

I got into the milk battle with my mother and rex this weekend. We grew up on whole milk, and somewhere around age twelve, she switched us to 2% and then skim.

I argued it with vengence...

but then I gave in and drank the fat free stuff..and found I couldn't drink whole milk anymore..til I got this hippy roomate who only drank whole and now I can't drink the froofy diety stuff anymore.

It's whole milk only now.

And yes. I drink pulpy OJ.

Non-pulp is for wussies.

By J on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

Even when I drank beer alot,I always drank whole milk with my pizza and I still drink a carton of buttermilk a week.

By cyst on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 03:01 pm:

I pretty much never drink soda, but yesterday (if you count past midnight on saturday) I had three.

around 1 a.m. I had to order a $5 coke at the titty bar.

around 3 p.m., after I had been mowing and edging a lawn for two hours, I was offered a fancy ginseng ginger ale, and I drank half.

around 4:30 p.m., after going to the store to buy more weedeater cord, I stopped in the deli section and ended up buying three overly dry barbequed ribs. since the bench was in the shade, I stood by the store entrance to eat them. I know I made shoppers jealous. ribs! mmm! I got very thirsty and then walked over to the 25-cent generic cola machine, where I managed to get out of a couple who didn't speak english very well that they had just lost a quarter. I waited until they walked away, then I put my quarter (connecticut?) in. since cola and lemon-line were lit up, I pressed black cherry.

I took a few sips and let the rest dry up in the sun by my great parking spot.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:21 am:

j how can you drink buttermilk? that's so gross.

By J on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 10:43 am:

I don't know,my parents both liked it and we always had some on hand,but I never liked it till I was pregnant with Heather,my s/o talked me into trying it and I just loved it, been drinking it ever since.Maybe since I drank so much when I was pregnant with her,Heather is the only spawn that likes it.

By Platypus on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

Buttermilk has always confused me. But I admire people who can drink it.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 08:01 pm:

cyst, the idea of you buying weedeater cord and eating crappy corner store ribs makes me horny.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 08:06 pm:

oh, and today for lunch i went to this great little chinese joint in chinatown. andrew and i were the only two haoles there and definitely the only two who spoke english as our first language. i had spicy lamb stir fry and andrew had beef noodle something, and we split this HUGE thing of fresh squash soup in beef broth and it was fabulous. our bill was under $20.

on our walk back to the office i got a diet dr pepper because I CAN'T HELP IT. it'll probably make my piss test come out funny.

tonight i'm making beef stew.

By sarah on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 08:09 pm:

it's truly amazing how much less cranky i am when i've eaten a lot of really yummy food.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

there was something distinctly sexual about that hot sunday afternoon, when I was sort of dirty and grass-stained from working in the yard, a little burned and more than a little sundrunk, gnawing on mediocre barbequed ribs (which were neither hot nor cold, but exactly that temperature most likely to breed dangerous bacteria) between the store and the parking lot, standing perfectly still as zillions of family people hurried in and out of the huge store.

"those look good," someone told me.

I should have but didn't confirm her thoughts about the image I was presenting.

"they're really not that good," I said. "they're too dry and there's not enough sauce."

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

maybe if i liked ribs....or didnt have issues with eating meat off a bone, i could appreciate what you two are talking about.

By droopy on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 01:23 pm:

"hey, cyst," I said. "What do you think of geriatric dick?"

"they're really not that good," she said. "they're too dry and there's not enough sauce."

i post this only because fetidbeaver isn't here at the moment.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 01:39 pm:

I saw some ralph fiennes dick in that movie "sunshine" last night. I mean, it was during a holocaust torture scene and all, but, mm, yummy!

By Spider on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 02:15 pm:

I took two classes related to the Holocaust in college, and I always had this problem: whenever I did my readings for those classes, I'd always have the most impure thoughts. Only then, too. It was like I found the Holocaust arousing.

Eww.

This should go under Patrick's "confess!" thread.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

ralph fiennes looks good as both victim and nazi. I'm glad he does lots of nude scenes. I think he is the best-looking man in the whole world, though his mouth is a little wide.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

He has very nice hands, too. Don't forget them.

By dave. on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 04:44 pm:

yummy?

By dave. on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 04:47 pm:

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

look at those stubby fingers....vienna sausage fingers

By Spider on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

Dude(s), everyone has off-photos.

Watch "Schindler's List" again. His hands look strong.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 05:07 pm:

ewwww. that guy reminds me of Fabio, sorta.

By cyst on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

that's a terrible photo.

I must look cute today. my boyfriend said so, then strangers talked to me in the elevator.

one of them said, "it's a supreme act of dedication to come in on a day like this."

I could tell he'd been rehearsing that in his mind before he said it.

the percentage of my lunch time I spent thinking about things outside in the sun today:

70% banalities about the importance of fine arts, along the lines of steven soderbergh's oscar acceptance speech this year

5% whether I really needed a whole pound of grapes, even if they were really fucking good

5% other thoughts about caloric intake, exercise, fatness, etc.

7% skin cancer

5% comparing my life now to my life a year ago, when I spent time on those same steps under that same sun

3% where the fuck is a starbucks when you happen to have cash in your pocket and a dearth of those powerful little phenylalanine mints

3% a few of my favorite petty jealousies

2% porn signs are awfully clever, aren't they?

0% ralph fiennes

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 12:59 am:

Droopy, I'm back by popular demand :o)

Q. What does 80yr. old pussy taste like?

A. Depends

By Nate on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 10:22 am:

would that be frozen or freeze-dried? would a pussy really last for 80 years in the freezer?

By patrick on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 11:19 am:

what kind of dumbass question is that? wait...don't answer

By Czarina on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 12:35 pm:

On to a more pertinent matter.........those "vienna sausage" appearing appendages would fit quite nicely in my Holsum buns.

By patrick on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

damn czarina....whats in the water for you lately?

By sarah on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

i laughed. that was really funny. but you know me.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact