Most Sorabjis are fat bastarards

sorabji.com: What are you eating?: Most Sorabjis are fat bastarards
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Tuesday, June 7, 2005 - 07:09 pm:

...and I bet most of you pig out at Mc.Donalds.Admit it.

By Antigone on Tuesday, June 7, 2005 - 09:25 pm:

This week its "apocalypse food." In other words, eat only what's in the house for as long as possible. (Well, I cheated and got 2lb of turkey on Sunday.)

Today I've had:

A couple of nutrition bars.

Oatmeal cooked with 1/2 water and 1/2 passionfruit juice, cashews, cranberries, and a bit 'o' grape nuts.

Turkey spaghetti sauce with edamame.

It's been a fiberrific day!

By spiracle on Tuesday, June 7, 2005 - 11:51 pm:

i would do that..

no matter how empty my food cabinet was..there was ALWAYS a box of bisquick in there somewhere..the last standing edible something..with multiple cooking possibilities....also grits..good southern staple..can last for years

i can't remember the last time i had mcdonalds (well..last time i was hung over..and that's been a long time ago too..) that or jack in the crack..gross greasy stuff..

i'm gettin' old..i can't eat that shite anymore..

By platypus on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 01:30 am:

I did that last week, Antigone.

I got groceries on Sunday, though, so I've been having an orgy of food. Today I had some peach pie leftover from yesterday. Then I made a quiche and ate about half of it more or less at once. Which was probably ill considered, but it tasted really good. After a few hours of recovery I roasted a chicken breast and had that with some roased potatoes, garlic, corn, and brussels sprouts.

Now I am very full. Yet, still, eating grapes, because it's a warm rain situation we have going on here, and grapes seemed like a good idea. Mmm. Grapes.

By V on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 07:28 pm:

Anti,your NOT fat,you just have some Irish or Polish blood in you.

By V on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 07:35 pm:

....And if the rest of you are fat,then you have Greek or German blood.

By V on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 07:43 pm:

...but I dont claim to be slim myself,a bot of port a night takes its toll,but I cant get to sleep,otherwise.

By V on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 07:51 pm:

...shit,wish I could post in English,cant even spell "bastards",,,if this place became Lithuanian,I would not have a problem.

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 11:29 pm:

Today I made my oatmeal with Silk Soy Chai.

Does that make me gay?

By kazu on Wednesday, June 8, 2005 - 11:49 pm:

ooooh...that sounds good.

By droopy on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:03 am:

I like "bastarards".

bastaraards! aaaar!

By TBone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:17 am:

Arrr!

By platypus on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:33 am:

I made some mashed potatoes with vanilla silk and roasted garlic the other day--it was good eatin'

By Antigone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:44 am:

Thanks for reminding me. I've got to eat all of the garlic laden food before my girlfriend gets back tomorrow night. :)

By Nate on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 10:07 am:

i ate this entafado de biztec last night. it was so good. like a spicy beef stew. potatoes, chiles, roasted corn. it is too bad the woman doesn't eat beef. it makes it difficult to figure out and develop the beef recipies.

By dave. on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 10:38 am:

don't tell her it's beef.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 11:08 am:

Yeah. Tell her you cut it outta your own leg.

By platypus on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:00 pm:

Nate, does she not eat any meat? Or just beef?

My dad's girlfriend doesn't eat beef because of religious restrictions, and we've had a lot of luck using lamb instead. Especially low grade ground lamb--it's almost indistinguishable from beef. Great for pasta sauce, burgers, whatever.

And I think I want that recipe.

By Nate on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:23 pm:

she wouldn't eat lamb, either. she doesn't eat beef, anything cute, or anything that looks like it did when it was alive (shrimp, squid, shellfish, etc.)

when i met her she was only eating chicken, but i broke her into the mammal world with a pork chop from Dempsey's on our first date.

the meat i most frequently put into a pasta sauce is chicken basil garlic sausage from wholefoods. it is fucking awesome. i make them into balls and brown them first, then pull them until just before i serve. that keeps them from getting dry, being chicken.

By lapis on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:29 pm:

tuesday night i made brown rice spaghetti with sauce (from trader joe's... added fresh oregano, rosemary, sage, onion, garlic, creminis) and jalepeno lemon asparagus.

got a veggie burger at burger king maybe two years ago to see how it'd taste... haven't eaten fast food since.

this morning i got up early to organize the container cupboard and start infusing vodka. jalepeno with lime zest and sea salt, ginger with grapefruit zest, earl grey with lemon zest (not sure if tea'll work) and cucumber sage. used all the pint-size salsa jars and the remaining vodka in the freezer.

By heather on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 01:53 pm:

i am becoming a fruititarian

like _you_ care

la!

By droopy on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:00 pm:

this may explain things. fruit is fermenting in your stomach.

i almost never eat beef anymore. maybe it's just spending 26 years in a place called "cowtown". then again, i know people who've lived here 80 years and still can't get enough cow meat.

my thing now is vietnamese food - a place called phu lam up in haltom city. i usually go for the chicken or pork, maybe some quail.

By patrick on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 02:52 pm:

i ate beef twice in new york city this past week. i prolly wont eat it again for a few weeks. it was fuckin delish. both times in french restaurants. one was in a red wine sauce, standard french farethe other was also in a wine sauce, a pepper based, white wine sauce. they both rocked. on one night she had goose liver, the other duck confit. i moo. she quack. she also spent an assload of money on caviar from a very fancy jewish deli in the east village called Russ and Daughters. i did not try any. d

its weird to me, people's issues with meat, because in some ways, chicken and sow are some of the filthiest of animals. give me grass fed organic beef over pork any damn day of the week.

By droopy on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 03:05 pm:

i have no moral or ethical issues with meat, or cow meat specifically. my family has a herd of longhorns. i've been among them, touched them, looked into their eyes and seen...hamburger.

it's just a digestive thing with me. one steak and it's antacids all night for me.

but i will still eat cow testicle. deep fried with gravy. and liver. i'd like to try brains and eggs one day.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 03:23 pm:

Liver is fucking awesome.

patrick, did you have a steak with His Markness? :)

By patrick on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 03:45 pm:

no. with my gf.

By patrick on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 03:52 pm:

and I was educated in the making of foie gras and its close to torture. i tried it. it was disgusting.

By Nate on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 04:05 pm:

"i'd like to try brains and eggs one day."

though i now realize you mean something to the effect of cow brains and chicken eggs, i did sit for a bit trying to figure out how you would harvest and prepare bovine ova.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 05:07 pm:

Not three weeks ago I saw a man with his arm shoulder deep in a horse's vagina. Chances are I'll see this again on Saturday.

What a world!

By J on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 05:15 pm:

Was the man a perv or was there some reason for having his arm up a horse vagina? I'm not fond of the critters either way.

By platypus on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 05:38 pm:

I have a friend who is in the process of breeding her warmbloods, so I've been seeing a lot of men with their arms up horse vaginas lately.

By spiracle on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 05:57 pm:

warmbloods? is there a breed of coldblooded horses i don't know about?

By platypus on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 06:23 pm:

Yes, those would be the horses crossed with reptiles that are very popular over in Europe right now.

By V on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 07:00 pm:

Droopy,you can be such a "Gengis Khan",,,,fact is,most Sorabjis understood "bastarad",,,so it shows Im not the only Lithuanin on site.

By V on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 07:06 pm:

(Lithuanian),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how come I have to post in English? Myself I should not have to conform.

By Antigone on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 07:08 pm:

My girlfriend's dad owns a ranch. Horse vagina man was a vet fishing for a horse embryo.

Didn't find one, poor bastard.

By V on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 08:23 pm:

...I would not be a vet for anything.

By droopy on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 09:05 pm:

you were thinking of cowviar, nate.

a "gengis khan" am i? i've been called "marauding" before. i miss grandma. and of course the sorabjites understood "bastarard". we may not be able to speak lithuanian, but we all speak "drunk poster".

and i say post in lithuanian, if you want. might work to your advantage.

my bus was really late today. by the time i got to the downtown bus station, decided to treat myself to vending machine junk food. i put 55 cents in for cheese and sausage (string cheese and a panatella sausage in shrinkwrap); by some fluke it gave me two packages and refunded my money.

logic tells me that there must've already been credits in the machine, and that's why i got the money back. maybe enough for two and change.

but can you honestly believe a human hand would load a vending machine with $1.90 and just leave it?

woooo.

By D on Thursday, June 9, 2005 - 09:59 pm:

V, is Iqbal Khan related to gengis khan?

By semillama on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 09:43 am:

By V on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 06:59 pm:

D,from what country is Iqbal Khan from? Myself I dont like Turkish,Albanian or Romanian people.

By spiracle on Friday, June 10, 2005 - 11:34 pm:

v..i'm amazed at the growing list of people you don't like..some days i think i have you figured out and then you go and surprise me..i just can't keep track..

By droopy on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 01:51 pm:

i remember him mentioning the turks before - the ottoman turks who had invaded lithuania hundreds of years ago. so this covers turks and muslims. albanians and romanians are new.

there was an albanian guy who used to run an italian restaurant in an old dairy queen near where i work. the food was a strong average, but there was no liquor license and you could bring your own. his name is sal; he has this nifty "witness protection program" quality about him.

a while back he got into some kind of disagreement with his landlord, a vietnamese woman named lu. he left and moved into an old donut shop up the street. we tried to convince lu to open a vietnamese restaurant, but she was dead set on opening another italian place. hell hath no fury....

and she did. for a week. then she just closed the place down and moved to california where her daughter goes to college.

she sold it to some funky pizza franchise called "mellow mushroom". from georgia, usa.

By droopy on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 12:14 am:

this morning i made fried rice (what i call fried rice) using leftover rice from the chinese food i had last night - chopped bacon, onion, shredded carrot, garlic, rice, one egg, pinch of ginger, vietnamese garlic sauce. in a "wok" (really a wok-shaped frying pan), in that order.

dinner was a peanut butter, bacon, and tomato sandwich with potato chips and a coke.

tres leche cakes are on sale at fiesta market, but i decided not to buy one. i don't want to be a fat bastarard.

By D on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 09:44 pm:

Iqbal Khan of R.T.C.Industries probably likely to be a Indian(India).

By moonit on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:09 am:

Jesus D, do you get this obessive with your girlfriends?

By Antigone on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:46 am:

Who do you think Iqbal Khan is?

By D on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 09:39 pm:

Antigone, He is a jerk

By Antigone on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 11:51 pm:

He's also your fuckbuddy, apparently.

By D on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 09:40 pm:

Antigone, he not my F**kbuddy ok, and he is the one who F**k with my job.

By D on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 09:41 pm:

Moonit, no.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact