jigsaw

sorabji.com: Do you have any regrets?: jigsaw
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Jo on Friday, November 26, 1999 - 08:05 pm:

that last visit was a bad one. it was a bad day for her, that's all. there was a 'procedure', followed by lots of pain, and crying and i knew we were sailing right up to the edge. she was getting so tired. Then i went to New York for a week, to work, and I was so twisted the whole time I was there, I couldn't enjoy my time off. The last day I had I bolted from all company and took the ferry to the statue of liberty. It was an out of character move, but after waiting for the hotel phone to ring in the middle of the night, constantly expecting the message light to blink at me, I felt the need to go and be a sheep. On the ferry some English people insisted on taking my picture with my camera because I was alone. I felt very random, and it was very random, and I was alone. I didn't even go into the statue. I walked round it, and took pictures of other people taking pictures of other people. Then I went to the gift shop, with an urge to blow all of my money on tat. My eye fell on the jigsaw, small, 48 pieces, your basic statue picture. But she loved jigsaws. I knew she would might not be able to do it, but I bought it anyway, because I knew she would appreciate it. The thought. When I flew back I had a cold, which meant I had to stay away from the hospital - no visits allowed while germy. The weekend came and I promised myself I'd take the jigsaw in then. But on Saturday, in the middle of the night, the call came - the good call, the call where they found her new lungs and a heart. We waited. I tried to get it to her, but he said I should give it to her myself, when I saw her. We waited for her to be strong enough for visitors, but she never was.
    I regret my continued ownership of a small jigsaw of the statue of liberty.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact