Nobody

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Nobody
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Skachick09 on Sunday, August 23, 1998 - 01:10 am:

I am the girl you pass in the halls and never care to notice.
    I am the girl who you laugh at.
    I am the girl you didn’t ask to the dance.
    I am the girl who you saw crying and wanted to help, but you were with your popular friends.
    I am the girl you cheated on.
    I am the girl who was going out with that guy you screwed in the bathroom.
    I am the girl who never gets a chance.
    I am the girl who sits in the back of the class.
    I am the girl who serves you when you come into my work.
    I am the girl who is never at the parties.
    I am the girl who listens to that strange music.
    I am the girl who wears "different" clothes than the other girls.
    I am the girl you won’t remember.
    I am nobody.

By Skachick on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 02:11 pm:

And of coarse........ NOBODY answers me. I am pathetic.

By K on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 03:08 pm:

skachick, i saw your message and i emailed you--didn't you get it?

By Skachick on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 06:10 pm:

Yeah i did ................ thank you. I will e-mail you soon.

By K on Tuesday, August 25, 1998 - 06:27 pm:

glad to hear it, i'd love to talk

By Antigone on Sunday, August 30, 1998 - 11:24 pm:

Skachick, you need a serious self esteem enema.

Trust me, you're not alone being alone.

May I suggest St. John's Wort? It's fantastic stuff. That and a Zone friendly diet will do wonders.

By Skachick on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 02:34 pm:

May I ask what St. John's Wort is?

By Antigone on Monday, August 31, 1998 - 06:08 pm:

The yahoo listing for St John's Wort is at http://www.yahoo.com/Health/Alternative_Medicine/Herbs/St__John_s_Wort/

Basically, it's an herb used commonly to treat depression, although it hasn't been approved in the US for this. However, there are more prescriptions for it in Germany than any other antidepressant. I've personally used it to get out of an emotional downturn that I couldn't free myself of any other way. I haven't taken any other antidepressants, though, so I don't know personally how it compares to them.

By Emily Dickinson on Sunday, September 6, 1998 - 12:37 am:

I'm Nobody! Who are you?
    Are you - Nobody - Too?
    Then there's a pair of us!
    Don't tell! they'd advertise - you know!

How dreary - to be - Somebody!
    How public - like a Frog -
    To tell one's name - the livelong June -
    To an admiring Bog!

By Scrunch on Sunday, September 6, 1998 - 02:47 am:

Hey, I have that Emily Dickinson poem hanging on my closet door. Just thought I'd let ya know. I'm obviously very bored right now.

By Human on Thursday, December 10, 1998 - 01:26 am:

I am in physical and emotional pain. I can't find myself

By Me...... on Thursday, December 10, 1998 - 12:18 pm:

I am sorry for you...What seems to be the problem, my poor human friend ??

By Hideo on Thursday, December 10, 1998 - 04:53 pm:

This room sucks!

By MotORHEAD on Monday, December 28, 1998 - 08:31 pm:

Your not nobody...Just the bad dreams that I still have in my head.
    The guilt from doing all those things that I see at night when I close my eyes.
    Your there to remind me that it's not OK; it's not forgotten; it still counts. I am not exonerated with time.
    I am the loser because I didn't take the time to notice. I had important things to do, people to meet, places to go. Funny how there all gone, and I cry when I think back.
    Nobody haunts me always. Nobody remembers what I try to forget.

I AM NOBODY cause I sit in the back of the room, listen to fucked up music, think fucked up thoughts and who nobody remembers......

You are a deep and sensitive person, not NOBODY,
    use your feelings as your strength and remember that 99.9% of the people out there have no idea what your talking about. Blessed Be the ones who do !

Peace to Nobody

By Me........... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 12:28 pm:

Ya know.......I was just thinking the same thing !!

By Motorhead on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 01:30 pm:

I think that I am a born loser and that if were ever born again, the same thing would happen. I made all bad decisions and went awry. My tales of woe are too numerous for this or any other medium.
    I don't know why and I still am out of place. I don't march to a different drummer, I am walking alone away from the parade. I don't know why. I can't blame my parents; they tried real hard. I can't blame the schools; others turned out OK. I can't blame my friends; they were just fucked up. What makes someone an outcast? What makes someone die inside to be liked but to never be able to let anyone know? What makes someone feel like they don't matter because they are not the same? When will it all go away and be alright?

By Me.......... on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 01:36 pm:

Do you want one of my Prozacs ??

By Lawm Mover on Tuesday, December 29, 1998 - 07:34 pm:

NO I WANT ONE OV YOUR GUNS

By Motorhead on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 09:20 am:

I don't need no fuckin' Prozacs. It's shit like that that helped me stay zoned for years hanging out in the Lower East side. I need to find spiritual solace in this wasteland that is life on earth.
    I don't care how happy, stoned, or stupid one is.
    The fact remains that life is futile.
    Suicide is not an answer, people have known this since at least the beginning of consciousness.
    I think that right now Buddhism's quest for detachment and nirvana is the only answer.
    Guns kill innocent people,lawn mower, don't play with then unless it is pointed at your own heart.

By Downer on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 10:55 am:

The name wasn't 'lawn mower', it was 'lawm mover'.
    You are really depressing..............Go away...

By Mel on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 11:01 am:

I tried that - Buddhism, Taoism, and even combinations thereof with a little Confucianism thrown in. I hit a dead end with it, just like I did with everything else, including therapy and prozac.

That's just the way I am, though. I flit from one "way" to another, trying to find anything that I could settle into. I'll stay there for a while and then suddenly spin out. It's frustrating. I think I intellectualize things to much. I don't know what makes me think that somewhere out there there is something that will turn me around. I'm beginning to think that nothing ever will.

Taoism was a real comfort for a few months, I remember. I imagined it as a vast blueness, like the sky in spring when I used to lay down on the grass and look up and all I could see was the sky. I'd get lost in it, feeling it fill me up so much that eventually I'd dissolve into it.

Then I got bored with it.

By Lawm mover on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 04:56 pm:

I'll point my damn guns wherever I want without advice from a selfcentered whiner like you, Meaterhead.
    Illogical: you follow up "suicide is not an answer" by recommending it.
    It will "all go away and be alright" when you grow up. Or die.

By Me......... on Wednesday, December 30, 1998 - 05:02 pm:

You tell 'em, Lawm Mover !!..........

By Nobody Skachick on Saturday, January 2, 1999 - 05:53 pm:

Lawm Mover and Me......:
    What The hell is your problem? Obviously Motorhead is seriously depressed. It appears as though you guys have perfect lives. Do you know what it is like to want to die?? Have you ever had the feeling that death was the answer? You guys need to go away, not Motorhead. The tittle of this room is a door to depressing subject matter. If you can't handle it, then leave. you don't fuck with people when they are down. You are perfect examples of what pushes people over the edge. I enjoyed reading motorheads posts, I was very interested. I am sorry that your mind isn't complex enough to deal with spiritual or emotional topics. As for you motorhead, I would like to hear what you have to say.

By MoonUnit on Sunday, January 3, 1999 - 06:02 am:

If someone you love commits suicide and you see the pain and the suffering of that person's friends and family... then theres no way you would do it. Some days I want to die... I want to see his face, theres no guarantee I will see it again except in pictures I have of him... but I think to much about what it would do to my mother... my boyfriend... my friends... nobody needs that kind of suffering... theres no guarantee on what happens when we die... so who can say if it will get better?

when you think nobody cares you're wrong. There is someone somewhere who would miss you if you were gone.

Its easy to die and hard to live

But I love the struggle....

because that is the essence of life.

Life is hard and I have made many mistakes, but I believe you learn from every experience.

By Motorhead on Sunday, January 3, 1999 - 12:43 pm:

Who the fuck is whining....
    I started down the road because some young lady called herself nobody and I wanted to reassure her that when people feel that way, they are usually hyper sensitive people that internalize the negative environment around them....And that I had been there m'self in a way....
    I don't blame anyone for the mess that I made out of my life years ago, I reflect often on it especially since I turned it around without any AA, support groups or veggie diets
    No matter how great your life is, and how happy and flighty you are, if you deny the sadness that surrounds the human condition you are seriously deluded. That's the part about Buddhism and why it was created....
    People make bad decisions for many reasons. I still don't know why I made mine. I do know that my particular world view sees life as pretty futile, but I wouldn't pass up the experiences for anything. I just wish I was a little less in tune with the pain, suffering and sadness that is the way of the world. Funny thing is though, I love rainy days....
    I don't advocate suicide at all. I made a point about guns because I have learned that 99% of people that boast about them, don't have the heart to use them. When I was a biker in NY/NJ, I learned this the hard way from staring down the wrong end of them. But no little rat bastard that ever waved one could pull the trigger. Watch out for the guy that don't tell you he's got one !!!!!!
    I don't claim to have the answers, only the questions. The essence of the journey is to ask those questions my friends, and learn from others that my have already found answers. Sometimes it's just alot easier to ask some of these things from behind a keyboard. If you want to poke fun, criticize or ostracize, it surely is your right. I hope that you are as happy, together, self-assured and hip as you think you are, because self-delusion is the most disappointing drug we can take.
    As for my original posting to Nobody, I still say that as a woman you should use the goddess within to remove the negativity and to know that it's not you but THEM that are misguided. The more difficult the journey, the better the homecoming !!!

Over and out from the Kingdom of Noise,
    Blessed be to all especially to Nobody Skachick,
    Motorhead

By Me......... on Monday, January 4, 1999 - 10:16 am:

Dear Nobody Skachick-You have NO IDEA what YOU are talking about.........I have had serious problems with depression all of my life.......I have made three serious attempts at suicide, I try my damndest to get through each day without the depression getting to me, again....Granted-those were insensitive remarks that I made to Motorhead..And I apologize.....but...again.....when it comes to me......you don't know what you're talking about......I've been in counseling on and off for years, am taking Prozac.....Have had serious substance abuse problems for over 20 years....(Been clean now for a good, long time)..I'm finally starting to get myself together a little bit, and I don't need some silly, little person telling me to go away.......I've had that happen enough in my life...so fuck you,Skachick........Maybe I said some insensitive things, for that, I am sorry-I really don't know why I did that.......but shut the fuck up if you don't even know a damn thing about the people you're insulting-and I'll try to remember the same thing.......Okay ??? Now please let me out of this damn dog house.....I like cats, better anyway............

By Me....... on Monday, January 4, 1999 - 10:22 am:

Listen, Skachick, let's call a truce.....I just reread your original post.......I can identify with it, very, very, much..........More than you'll ever know........in my last posting, it reads like I'm saying "please excuse me for my insensitivity, I am a sick person.....SEE how sick I AM ???" I don't want it to be that way, I'm not sure what caused those responses, maybe because what you said, and what Motorhead said, hit too close to home......... You know, you're original posting sounded like something that Janis Ian would write......that's a compliment.........and Motorhead, there's nothing wrong with AA and support groups......I would have been dead w/o them.........

By Motorhead on Monday, January 4, 1999 - 05:29 pm:

Never said there was anything wrong with 'em, just that I didn't need them because I realized that both the substance experiences and the desire to stop existed in my own brain. They were not external things that people could rationalize and "fix".
    I found this place by accident and it was my first foray into message boards and probably my last. I happened to come across the posting by Nobody Skachick and it "hit home" as you say because I have been both the victim and the perpetrator of that scenario. It moved me emotionally to write and then to search other boards to throw in my 2 cents. I hope at least that Nobody Skachick got something positive from what I said and I never meant anything negative to you or Lawm Mover.
    I am still haunted by guilt from the old days. I think I may have found a way to at least anonymously say I'm sorry.
    I like you am clean, Me........ Clean enough that I can actually enjoy a glass of wine or beer without getting wasted. The chemicals and herbs are all gone for years too. I still don't really know if they were a symptom or a cause. I have turned my life competely around and nobody I work with would ever even guess except when they glimpse one of my tattoos. As such I remain an enigma as I work on telecommunications and network infrastructure. I hope that everyone that goes through these feelings and problems succesfully turn their lives around as well. I did the outward part but obviously the inward part still needs work.

By Skachick on Sunday, January 24, 1999 - 11:03 pm:

Thank you very much "Me.......". I accept your truce and it's nice to hear that people can relate to me. I enjoy reading your post's, please keep writting.

By Markus on Monday, January 25, 1999 - 05:13 pm:

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

--Albert Schweitzer

By R.C. on Monday, January 25, 1999 - 05:20 pm:

You shd also post that on the Interesting Quotes from Random Places board, Markus.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact