i am mouse, hear me squeak

sorabji.com: Who are you?: i am mouse, hear me squeak
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Blondamethyst on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 11:55 am:

that's about it. i'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me. if i'm ever to be famous in my lifetime, most likely i'd have starred in movies since the day i was born. no such luck. my only accomplishments to date are writing 200+ poems in the last four years and managing to play several instruments at the same time (i think i can do over five recorders at once, but not if i care about tuning or fingerings....and language improvisation. the way you do language improv is this. you respond to what other people say with different tones of voice and absolute gibberish. it makes for some weird looks.

By Nate on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 12:06 pm:

fuck you, you ass.

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 09:23 pm:

But, you are famous. You now have world wide distribution.

Just like the rest of us.

And, you don't have to be famous to be a "winner." Fame ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Unless you subscribe to the belief that for every human being who directs mental energy in your "direction" the more powerful you become. Ya know, the power of prayer and all that rot. In that case, you actually do suck. But only if we forget you.

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 11:23 pm:

i wanna be famous.

gotta change my last name first tho.

By Gee on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 02:03 am:

when I was walking along today I realized that, false modesty aside, I'm really not very special. There's nothing about me that is compleatly unique. I have no glaringly interesting skill or quality to my personality.

realizing this didn't depress me at all, but all of a sudden I feel like I need a "purpose". I never felt like I needed one before. why now?

By Nate on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 09:38 am:

i think you're special, gee.

By Jay on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 10:16 am:

i feel like you don't need a purpose per se, just a knowledge of who you are and the ability to find comfort in that. Just live as you feel you oughta, doing the right things and avoiding negativity. you'll soon realize your purpose is being served.

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 11:56 am:

Ahhh...true, but still...I think that there isn't much of a purpose to seek in life, so much as the pursuit of your own personal fulfillment (a la Lord Henry)...go for your own happiness, and if that means sharing with another person/s or making someone else's life better, or whatever, so be it. Just make yourself happy.

By patrick on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 12:04 pm:

you know Gee, I have always thought of myself as a mediocre.....i am not super talented in any one thing, i can do a few things OK......ya dig?

i am also super critical of myself so perhaps thats a fire under my ass in certain pursuits.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 01:54 pm:

Yeats once said that the love of God for each human soul is infinite, because no other human soul can fulfill the same need in God.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

So...we're each of us unique in some way, visible or invisible.

Chin up, Gee.

And if you're hungering for a purpose in life, read Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning" along your way.

By Jay on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 02:35 pm:

i find reading Hemingway or Ken Kesey books always helps to ground me a little.

By Nate on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 04:03 pm:

yeah. that and a good batch of meth.

By Cat on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 04:56 pm:

A good pelvis grinding can be very grounding too.

By Isolde on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

Aref pi pihfubnuf puebsfue bfuwt p fufuwerhsf. Klad udf un etifhp fupwieruwf fufcuefnnnerf. Nufer duwe urfpuwfs v fwiefwfhu viufuiwewwfgweuify. Rhinoa ufewuweufs huerwenrwf.

By Jay on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 08:13 am:

get crazy with the cheese whiz.

By semillama on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 09:39 am:

that almost sounds like a real language.

By Isolde on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 11:31 am:

It's deroifbiupwefnwiic.

By Jay on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 02:00 pm:

oh yeah right, i played with those guys at monterey.

By Zephyr on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 04:45 pm:

Umm...what does that translate out to, Isolde?

By Spider on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 06:13 pm:

[Can I just say that the heading of this thread makes me laugh every time I see it? Thank you, Blondamethyst, whoever you are.]

By Nate on Sunday, July 2, 2000 - 01:04 pm:

where you live jay?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact