an old story

sorabji.com: Who are you?: an old story
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By ophelia nee heather on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 02:32 am:

today i start to be ophelia

just thought you should know

feel free to tred on my cliche

By moonit on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 03:11 am:

why?

By Cat on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 07:15 am:

"The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons Be all my sins rememb'red"

Is there a Hamlet lurking, pray tell?

I do hope you can swim.

By Daniel sssswimmer on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 10:05 am:

"...but his flawed heart, alack, too weak the conflict to support! 'Twixt two extremes of passion, joy and grief, burst smilingly..."

By agatha on Monday, October 30, 2000 - 11:54 am:

what's the matter with heather, i say as my name isn't actually agatha(?)

By Kalliope on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 11:50 am:

I had a pet tarantula named Ophelia.

I like it.

The cool thing about sometimes picking nick names...is it, in a sense lets you change your identity temporarily. It's like a new hair-do, or a wig, or that short black mini skirt you've never dared wear before.

I try to make kalliope be who I really am...but I also know..when I'm online...I get quite more ballsy. I've changed my nick before too. I used to be Nostalgia, then Misirlou, then Inanna...

man, I sound like such a dork.

run.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 12:53 pm:

Geek boy called me "Inga" yesterday. I think it's because we were watching Young Frankenstein (again) and I expressed a wish for a laboratory assistant.

By Notwolf on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 05:55 pm:

different names? what a great idea...
    heh.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 07:11 pm:

I was in love with a girl named Inge in college. Unfortunately, she didn't know me from Adam, and I didn't know anybody who knew her to introduce us. I was too much of a pussy to walk up to her and say, "Hey babe, want we should go back to my place?" She was Austrian, tall and thin, and long brown hair, and had an incredible accent. MMM...Inge. I don't know why I'm so attracted to foreign girls -- I was married to a French girl, am dating a Colombian girl, and have had relationships with an Egyptian girl, Korean, Puerto Rican, and Irish.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

Damn, she sounds hot. There's this really, really, really, really, really, really hot Dutch girl who works at the Hannahfords. OMIGOD.

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

Aye, a fine Kraut lassie she was. Dutch sounds good too though.

By Cat on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 11:13 pm:

I never seem to date my own countrymen, but I like to stay within my species.

Pakistani, German, American - all quite lovely partners. I wouldn't recommend Italian men, but then I could have just struck a bad 'un.

Actually, did I ever tell you about the time some Italian man started humping my leg on a crowded train?

Well now I have anyway. So there. Stick it up your bum.

By J on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 11:19 pm:

I have a thing for Italians,Idon't know why,I just do.I'd like a hot Italian to stick it up my bum.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 01:03 am:

Hmping your leg? Woah, that's hectic...

By pez on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 11:06 am:

scandinavians. so far, the only guys with shadows (five o'clock, not peter pan) that can really work them are danes. for me, at least.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

Geek boy's family is Czech. Most of his family has the black hair/blue eyes thing going on. Damn sexy.

By Dougie on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 06:38 pm:

I want to hear more about the reason for the Italian man humping Cat's leg, and I want to hear finally that Isolde rode Geek boy to another planet.

By Isolde on Wednesday, November 1, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

I didn't, sorry, Dougie. We're both helluv sick now. He's coming over later (maybe). I look like shit, I'm practically comatose, just ook an IBProfun, I look like something ate me.

By Tom on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 05:01 am:

Not geek boy, we can assume?

I like that earlier conversation re: new names.

or does it show?

nationality preference: erm. Had some wild fun once with a nice little Korean lass. And I suppose B----- was Cherokee. It never shows, though.

By Antithesis on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 05:02 am:

speaking of which, I've recently re-found my fear of performing oral sex.

I just don't want to go there anymore.

does this make me a greedy human being? maybe I just need inspiration.

someone inspire me before she runs away?

By semillama on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 08:25 am:

When in doubt, eat pussy.

If you wanna get it, you better give it.

By Cat on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 03:37 pm:

From your lips to my next boyfriends ears, Sem.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 04:11 pm:

Even when you're in doubt as to which line at the grocery to stand in? I couldn't deal with the stares.

By semillama on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 04:31 pm:

Even then!

Yes, friends the answer is always "Eat Pussy".

When you trying to decide on which shiny new car you want, eat pussy.

When you have to pick out a nursing home for your drooling senile parents, eat pussy.

When you're in that voting booth, Eat Pussy and Lick Bush.

By Dougie on Thursday, November 2, 2000 - 09:37 pm:

I'll do the latter. Bush will be licked in 2000.

By Isolde on Friday, November 3, 2000 - 12:18 am:

Ah, Dougie...

By Tom on Saturday, November 4, 2000 - 03:34 am:

Duly noted. Pussy eating resuming...

now.

By Dougie on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 10:25 am:

Had me some (and got me some) last night. Then we went to see Meeting the Parents. There were a few belly laughs, but overall I'd rate it a 5.5 on a sscale of 1 to 10.

By J on Sunday, November 5, 2000 - 10:28 am:

I thought it was funny.

By still heather on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 04:49 am:

funny now an ophelia has arrived

i guess heather was easier for me to type and i hate typing

also i thought it was a dumb idea

but i was ophelia for halloween and dyed my hair orange and dyed the bottom of my dress green

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 08:53 am:

They're both nice names, but I prefer heather to ophelia -- heather's much more pastoral sounding. Et en plus, Ophelia rhymes with some unfortunate words: coprophelia, pedophelia, bophelia (I'm not sure if this is a real word, but I like saying it).

By Nate on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:30 am:

heather is a pastor.

or a pasture.

By Dougie on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 11:44 am:

Whose loamy fields...

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 07:34 pm:

nate has heatherphelia.

LS

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

So does Dougie, but you don't hear Cardinal Law moving him to another parish, do you?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact