I am Sherry Taylor

sorabji.com: Who are you?: I am Sherry Taylor
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
S on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

Hey everyone, this is Sherry Taylor at KSU.

By Ophelia on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

hi sherry

By Nate on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

now go fuck yourself. you too, opie.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:34 pm:

I bet you have your own radio show.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

fuck YOU nate.

motherfuck fucksack puckernuts!

fuck you..YOU YOU

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

Nate, I don't think Ophelia is Opie...

By Nate on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:59 pm:

puckernuts?

opie is as good a nickname as any. give her a break, for chrissakes.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 04:09 pm:

its about phoenetics sir.

By heather on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 04:29 pm:

antigone has a friend whose name is opie

she needs a name other than ophelia though. that's mine, even though i only used it once. i'm very selfish and hoarding like.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

oh yeah, i forgot about that.

call her oyster then.

By J on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 04:54 pm:

But don't call her a bearded clam.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

Call her Ishmael.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 05:15 pm:

Calll her Al.

By Pamela on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

LOL J you crack me up.

I remember this one time in high school (I believe it was my freshman year), in my science class, we were studying safe sex or something like that. The teacher had the class break into small groups and then we had to brainstorm and come up with slang terms associated with the female and male sex organs. It was pretty funny what we all came up with. Some of them include:

bearded clam
    pink taco
    pie
    poontang
    purple-headed warrior

There were lots more but that was so many years ago that I can't remember them all. It was so funny.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

Two-week old pizza.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 11:57 pm:

I think we SHOULD call her Bearded Clam.After all,she DID steal Heathers name.

By Hal on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 09:56 am:

Not valid, Heather's been going by Heather for quite a while now.

Sex is like Pizza, even when its bad its still pizza.... But what if its cold and three weeks old???? Think of the implications.

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 11:46 am:

You can be my body guard; I can be your long lost pal. (dah, dun, dun, dun, dah, dun, dun, dun)

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me, caaaaaalllll me Aaaallll!

By patrick on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 12:17 pm:

dork

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

S,

Welcome to the Asylum.

You've already recieved your medication for the day?

Just remember to keep your hands and feet away from the other patients. Some of them/us bite.

By Hal on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

Bite, chew, beat you up and take your drugs from you.

Its all in good fun.

By Ophelia on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

fuck you too, nate.

I'm sorry heather, i didn't know you were ophelia too. do you really mind that much? because i'm rather partial to it. I might bite (to defend my name).

By heather on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

you don't want to take me on girly, maybe i'll make trouble for you

or for your mom

or call you feelya
    that i'll do anyway

i don't actually mind, but i'll pretend that i do

some advice: be careful who you bite around here

By Dani on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

Sharpen those teeth up Ophelia 'cuz my money is on you.
    The expression about the bark being worse than the bite was invented here. Trust me.
    Shit happens when you change names as often as underwear. Once you drop a name, it's fair game.
    Before I discovered that damn view source thing, I used to change my name sometimes too....which I've been ever so kindly reminded of over the years.
    Ophelia has a kind of sophisticated sound to it. Much more fitting for you GIRL.

By Dougie on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

I wanna change my name to either Flimdim or Flumdum. It's a tough decision though.

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

Dani,

Explain the view source thing to me.

I'm an old dinosaur. This PC/Internet stuff is allien to me.

By Dani on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

Ok Watcher...here's what used to happen to me. I would change my name and then post something thinking that no one would know it was me...well, I was later informed that when you right click on this page and click on view source, it used to tell you the e-mail of the person who posted a message...regardless of what name you used. so I got busted. Now the view source thing is different and I dont even know if it tells you e-mail addresses anymore because I dont bother with it anymore.
    People got all pissed at me because I told everyone I could about the little view source trick. Oh well, cant win 'em all.

By Ophelia on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:04 pm:

my teeth are sharp, and i might have rabies, so look out Heather!

By Dani on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:30 pm:

WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF

By heather on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:00 am:

clearly, feelya, you have misinterpreted my tone although i have been known to like a little biting in my day.

you call yourself any old thing you want to, call yourself heather for all i care- that could be nice and confusing- fun for all.

and i have no clue what dani's about. barking? i dunna gettit.

"I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

By patrick on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 11:33 am:

feelyalater when i first met heather, we tangled something serious because i was unsure how to take her biting tone.

now i invite her to bite my ass regularly.

By Spider on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:01 pm:

"This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. The dead are not alive, and the living will not die. During the days when you ate what is dead, you made it come alive. When you are in the light, what will you do? On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

Heather, have you read the Gospel of Thomas?

By Nate on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:28 pm:

heat'er's read everything. seriously.

we watched stigmata last night. that's why, maybe.

or perhaps, awful coincidence.

did you net search that, spider? or identify it off the top of your head?

By patrick on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:35 pm:

we watched Give Me Shelter the Stones video of the makings of the Altamont disaster.

we also watched the Monterrey Pop festival video.

it was rockumentary night at the M household.

By Spider on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

From my head, but I cleaned it up using Google.

I did several papers on the Gospel of Thomas for my Gnosticism class in college. The Gnostic scriptures are endlessly fascinating.

Gnostics (the Jewish and Christian ones, anyway...there were pagan gnostics, too) believed that the god of the Old Testament, Jehovah, was evil and blind and brought suffering to man by separating the material from the spirit and separating souls into male and female (we -- our original spirits -- were both at the beginning). Salvation was attained through gnosis, or knowledge.

WOuld you like to know more? I love talking about this stuff. The Gospel of Thomas has some really neat parables in it (one is about how the kingdom of God is like an assassin in the night who tests his ability to kill someone by stabbing his knife into a wall).

By Spider on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 01:58 pm:

98. Jesus said, "The Father's kingdom is like a person who wanted to kill someone powerful. While still at home he drew his sword and thrust it into the wall to find out whether his hand would go in. Then he killed the powerful one."

What could this mean??

By Spider on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

"On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do?"

This refers to the splitting of the soul into male and female, and you're supposed to unite them via gnosis. There are lots of mentions of a "bridal chamber" in the GoT. Like marriage unites male and female on earth, so too does it unite male spirit and female spirit in the living realm (e.g., the spirit world or true heaven), and so too does the material world and spiritual world become united when all people achieve gnosis. At this time, the kingdom of God will become realized. Jesus is the incarnate Word of God and brings gnosis to his followers via his parables, which are like big hints.

By Nate on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 02:23 pm:

you know jesus and the disciples used to get baked off their asses by throwing great wads of dope on fires in those little caves.

By Spider on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 02:54 pm:

Wrong!

By bingo on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

little caves? what little caves?

By Nate on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

wrong? not wrong, spider. what do you think those folks did? there is broad evidence.

By heather on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:31 pm:

Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

By Nate on Friday, October 5, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

exodus 30:23-24
    tells you how to make potent pot oil
    for anointing.

By Czarina on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 09:51 am:

I'm thinking something a little more potent than pot.

Maybe some kind of a hallucinogenic,to account for all those dandy visions.

Walking on water,water into wine,parting of the sea.

Yup,I'm thinking maybe mescaline,maybe some good shrooms.But definately,stronger than pot.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 10:55 am:

They were all in touch with something greater than themselves, in touch with the magic of the creator and created, in touch with other worlds you scientists only think exist in the minds of madmen.

Pass the bong.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, October 7, 2001 - 11:02 am:

ooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Caves. Try reading for forty years and you get some idea of what the hell they were talking about. Bang a drum for twenty minutes and I can take you there.

The caves on the rugged north shore of the island of Aruba are bat-inhabited caves carved by the sea in volcanic rock and great wads of batshit.

By Czarina on Monday, October 8, 2001 - 08:55 am:

And just what is the correlation?

By dave. on Monday, October 8, 2001 - 10:02 am:

i think the key word was "batshit".

By Czarina on Monday, October 8, 2001 - 11:05 am:

Uh,oh yah,now I get it.

Guano.Its all about the guano.

A handy source of saltpeter.

By Daniel ssss on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 12:01 am:

Well, kids, I was clever and didn't know it. And just what would you do with a handy helping of saltpeter, I wonder...

By J on Tuesday, October 9, 2001 - 10:58 am:

You probably wouldn't be fucking or wanking off.

By S on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 10:44 am:

It's nice to see that my name inspired so much interesting conversation. I don't bite, I lick.

By S on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 10:45 am:

Nate,

doh!

By pez on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:37 pm:

some like it hot,
    some like it cold,
    some like it in the pot,
    nine days old.

By Xyrea on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

Totally random

By pez on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

no. you'll get it.

By Ophelia on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 12:11 am:

get it? got it? good. shit shat shoot.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 10:23 am:

Huh? what the hell are you people talking about.
    Nate has more Chins than a chinese phone book.

By Czarina on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:09 pm:

No oriental slurs will be tolerated.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 01:11 pm:

oriental slur?
    How is that an oriental slur?
    Chin happens to be a popular last name in China.
    Your not the smartest peanut in the turd, are you?

By Homer on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

From what I have seen you post,she's way smarter than you.

By Anus Andy on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

Hah! That shows how much you know.Thats a space peanut!

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

Homer,

Is it wrong to want to have fun sometimes?
    I work my ass of in college. This is my freshman year. I am offended that this has suddenly become an intelligence contest. Do you think that I don't realize that my comments will offend people? Yes, I can see how my comment could be mistaken for a racial slur, but that was not my intention. If there is one thing on this earth that annoys me more than anything else it is people who have no common sense and no sense of humor. You need help learning how to smile Homer. I don't feel that I should have to prove my intelligence to you. In times such as these the world can use a smidgen of laughter, don't you think? Lighten up pal.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

P.S.

Nevertheless, if this comes down to an intelligence contest, bring it on, but don't say I didn't warn you.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:19 pm:

I just have to say one more thing
    I AM BEING JUDGED BY A GUY NAMED HOMER!
    what gives you the right?

By Mr. Sassy Pants on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

shut up already!

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

Your white but got a nose like Bill Cosby.
    You run like a girl and you sit down to pee.
    Haven't brushed your teeth since 1983.

By droopy on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

homer is a great poet. he wrote "the ill he had" and "the odd at sea."

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

yes but this Homer knows nothing of epic heroes
    hes more of an epic moron

By Homer on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

It's not racial peanut poop,it's personal,you called someone stupid.Turn on the light.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 03:56 pm:

Get off of my back and take notice of your own stupidity.
    Yea she's an idiot.
    so are you.
    Neither one of you can take a joke.
    I bet if you smiled your face would crack.
    this is absurd
    let it go
    i think your light went shot a long time ago
    Dont bother me with your insolence any longer

By J on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:06 pm:

I'm impressed moron.

By S on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:08 pm:

too bad i was hoping more for Depressed

pity pity

By patrick on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:13 pm:

is there something in the water? first Dani and not this idiot?

By J on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

At least Dani is funny.

By Eri on Friday, October 12, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

The thing that bugs me is that, with all of the people I have met here, and all of the disagreements we have had, and all of the diversity between us, I have NEVER EVER had any problems with CZ. She has always been kind, and honest and a voice of reason.
    Most importantly she has always been good hearted and has never called anyone any names, that I am aware of.
    Even in good fun, I would never imagine calling her an idiot. She deserves the same respect she has constantly shown on this site. She should definately be able to defend what she perceives as racial comments without being called names, or told she has no sense of humor.
    Forget the cookies, CZ. I am baking you a cake.

By Czarina on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 03:03 am:

Yum! I love cake.

And I appreciate the kind words,but the truth be known,I have a wicked tongue.Iv'e had to learn to curb it,otherwise no one will come out and play with me.

As far as "s" and her calling me an idiot,there is nothing more poignant,that I could have posted,than the words she posted herself.She is adept,at proving herself to be quite simple.

I still snicker,when I go back and read her posts,about the "racial slur".That was the best part.Right there,in black and white,all grouped together,[so she didn't have to go back and look for them,and loose her train of thought],and she still didn't get it.I love the irony.

Life can be fun sometimes.

By McGavock Collier on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 10:28 am:

It's better to have (this) & not need It than It Is to need It & not have It....

By McGavock-JC on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 05:37 pm:

who's Deshay????

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact