Patrick Bateman

sorabji.com: Who are you?: Patrick Bateman
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Park on Wednesday, February 19, 2003 - 10:53 pm:

My name is Patrick Bateman, I am 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, in a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an icepack while doing my stomach crunches; I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then a honey-almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb mint facial masque, which I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer. Then an anti-aging eye balm, followed by a final moisturizing protecting lotion. There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, somekind of abstraction, but there is no real me. Only an entity-- something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can eve sense our lifestyles are probably comparable. I simply am not there.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and, uh, Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

I have to return some video tapes.

By J on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 01:02 am:

You should really try some Preperation H under your eyes,and if you don't I'll have to sue sue sue ya.

By Head on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

yeah...just go on and delete messages behind my back...talking about hiding...
    and about willpower...oh yeah...well if you,ve got demons on your baack it gets quite hard indeed. that doesnt make it right no,it doesn't. yes, today i had a pleasureable moment indeed. send me the bill. you fucking shitfaces. discussion not for teens? i hope you fucking blow away

By semillama on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 07:54 pm:

WHAT the HELL are you doing?

By Teen on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 08:21 pm:

exactly

By Ginger on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 02:13 am:

i feel the need to engage in homocidal behaviour on a massive scale!

By dave. on Thursday, February 5, 2004 - 02:58 am:

rock out with your cock out, ginger.

By Rocky Castro III on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 10:14 pm:

Hey, give Bateman a break, who doesnt like chasing hookers in apartment buildings butt ass naked wearing only perfectly tied tennis shoes and a chainsaw?

By Rocky on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 11:58 pm:

I know I do

By jack on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:08 am:

i just want to hear more about this phil collins/genesis thing. just pete-curious or whathaveyou.

phil me in, someone.
    anyone?

By TBone on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:09 am:

Wearing a chainsaw?

By J on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:42 pm:

It's the newest fashion accessory,I want one.

By Calcutta on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 09:17 pm:

I like to dissect girls, did you know I am utterly insane.

By Dice on Monday, March 1, 2004 - 11:43 am:

I like to dismember boys,I go around looking for them,where do you live?

By Joppa on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 06:51 pm:

I'm just a happy camper... Rockin' and Rollin'!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact