God-damned Matchbox 20, et al

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: God-damned Matchbox 20, et al
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Kitty on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 06:18 pm:
    I don't know where it comes from, but it must be stopped.

I'm talking about garbage rock, if you will.

This includes such wastes of life and oxygen as Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, Savage Garden, and all those other so-called artists who are nothing more than the scraps of gangrenous flesh still clinging (miraculously?) to the creature known as Music.

HOW COULD ANYBODY LIKE THEM?

There are not words enough in this language to fully explain the intense loathing I feel whenever I merely think of them, let alone hear their names mentioned, let alone hear the vomit and bile they consider music. I would rather be sodomized with a strip of concertina wire than listen to one of their songs to the end.

They do not have a sliver of imagination, or talent, or innovation, or vision. They do not add anything to the world of any worth. They do more damage to our children's minds, placating them with horrid mediocrity, than any Marilyn Manson or Foxy Brown.

God, when will they go away?

By Nate on Monday, May 25, 1998 - 07:14 pm:
    "I would rather be sodomized
    with a strip of concertina wire"

You made my day.

the answer (when they will go away) is when people stop paying.

By THE FALCON on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 08:08 pm:
    There's a radio station here in Richmond, VA called Q94 (94.5) that plays nothing but stupid rap and that "garbage" music that should get the station shut down or sell out to another buyer who wants to play REAL music.

I work in a place where if you listen to Rock music someone comes and turns it to Q94.
    (A very racially biased workplace that I work at -and mostly are Caucasian/ aka "white")

The radio station (Q94) keeps playing these songs the same night for hours.
    "Kiss The Rain" SUCKS!! (sounds like "indigo girls" music- hint, hint)
    "Brick" (Ben Folds Five) SUCKS!! (Lyrics Sound like a funeral song/dirge)
    (That song by Natalie Imbruglia) SUCKS!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!

Whatever happened to Scritti Politti?
    I have 2 of their CDs and they sound a helluva lot better than what Q94 plays.

If you have any CDs, records, and tapes and 8-tracks.
    Please take /send them to this address

WRVQ 94
    3245 Basie Road
    Richmond, Va 23230
    Their number is 804-345-9436 (WRVQ)

By Pete on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 09:21 pm:
    But are you claiming that Scritti Politti was "rock"?

I can't imagine anyone who would go so far as to say that....(btw Falcon--what would be your favorite bands?)

By Nate on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 09:31 pm:
    Scritti Politti damaged me.

I think they are Milli Vanilli. The real Milli Vanilli, not Rob and Fab.

Rob and Fab were woodbeez. W O O D. woodbeez woodbeez. B E E Z.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, May 26, 1998 - 10:46 pm:
    Kitty, darlin', I support your right to dislike the bands you mentioned. I don't support you dissing people who buy or listen to it. I rather like some of the bands you listed. God knows there are some acts I cannot stand. Like, Puff Daddy. Phil Collins, Alabama, Prodigy, Scriti Politi, the list goes on. What makes music SO wonderful is it's ability to make people happy.

As an example, VH-1 re-ran a special they did about the 100 best Rock-N-Roll artists EVER, as determined by musicians, and NOT critics. Terrible (in my view) bands like Devo and The Clash were miles ahead of Tina Turner and Madonna and Johnny Cash, all of whom I love.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't like it, don't listen to it. When I get frustrated with what's on the lyrical radio stations, I switch to classical. Now, there is music! Aaaah!

By Nate on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 03:19 am:
    Shit, Devo and the Clash are miles ahead of Tina Turner and Madonna.

oh nevermind.

By Dave on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 04:51 am:
    Have you heard Hardcore Devo, Vol. I. That shit's downright creepy. The song, Ono. . . brrr. Anyone wants it, I'll send em an mp3.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 08:37 am:
    Nate, dude, it's a matter of taste and opinion.

I mean Nutbush City Limits compared to Whip It???

HA, I say, HA!!!

:-p

By Nate on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 10:36 am:
    Yes, it is opinion, but it's MY opinion, damnit.

I think becoming a musician can completely corrupt your way of listening to music. That's why if you poll musicians you get a totally different top 100.

Dave:
    I'd like to hear that.

By Blindswine-- but you can call me on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 01:03 pm:
    African Head Charge:Songs of Praise
    Tribe Called Quest:Low End Theory
    Mood:Karma
    Parliament/Funkadelic:Live '69-84:Limited Edition
    Parliament/Funkadelic:Live at the Hollywood Bowl
    Bob Marley and the Wailers:Live in Chicago
    Bob Marley and the Wailers:Live!
    The Last Poets:Holy Terror
    KRS-One:Return of the Boom Bap
    KRS-One:I Got Next
    KRS-One:Criminal Minded
    KRS-One:KRS One
    Rage Against The Machine: Evil Empire
    Funkadelic:Maggotbrain
    Parliament:Live '77
    Miles Davis and Quincy Jones:Live at Montreaux
    Miles Davis and John Coltrane

These are all CD's that i lost in the village over memorial day weekend along with an undetermined amount of money, my portable cd player, my passport, and other random personal items.

so now i guess i've played my part in spreading good music to the general public.

call me a philanthropist.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 01:27 pm:
    i think i would probably cry.

By Blindswine on Wednesday, May 27, 1998 - 01:56 pm:
    yeah...
    i was pretty pissed off at myself/then pissed off at whoever stole all my shit/but now i'm just pretty numb...

the whole pathetic escapade was all my fault... i should've never had all that shit with me.

the cd's i'm going to miss the most are my autographed P-Funk '77 World Tour (i met george clinton at "under the rail" in seattle in '96)
    the limited edition P-FUNK-- a four cd set which is impossible to find...
    the Bob Marley live in Chicago.. another impossible to find cd.

everything else i can replace... at no small cost...

i just put myself behind $500 with one drinking binge.

screw "philanthropist"

you can call me "schmuck".

By Kitty on Sunday, May 31, 1998 - 02:06 pm:
    Jeez, I'm gone for a week and it's like the world carries on without me! :)

But if I may return to what I was saying before...

Jim (aka PajamaBoy), since you have said that you like some of the bands I mentioned (Matchbox 20, 3rd Eye Blind, etc.), what do you like about their music? I mean this honestly. (Cliche as it is, it's really true that one man's meat is another man's poison.) I, for one, do not see anything worthwile in listening to them. (And I apologize if I offend(ed) you -- my ire is directed primarily at the musicians, not their audiences). I suppose, if I haven't already said so, that the bottom line of all my irritation is I feel that what they do has or could be done better, and so to reward such bands with recognition, status, respect, sales, etc. is doing a disservice to more deserving bands.

For example, talking to people and reading articles, I often hear the complaint that there is very little or no good music being created these days, and the bands I have mentioned are often cited as examples of this state. What is truly the case, however, is that the really good musicians (of which there are quite a few) are not getting the attention and airplay that questionable musicians are. And this disappoints and discourages me. I don't like to see such talent go unrewarded.

True, I have only heard what Matchbox 20 has released onto the radio. Perhaps they have really stunning songs buried on their album, which I will never hear. Somehow I don't think so, which may be unfair and unkind of me, and I take responsibility for that. And I still don't like them.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, May 31, 1998 - 11:48 pm:
    Kitty,
    I like Matchbox 20 & 3rd Eye Blind because they have a very different sound then what I've heard. Honestly, it's hard to defend your likes, because the simple answer is, "because I like them."

By The Falcon on Tuesday, June 2, 1998 - 03:52 pm:
    Well, Q94 Used to play ROCK!!
    Scritti Politti is considered Rock -not Rap.
    This Rap today is way over my head!!
    I remember rap from "old school" and "80s Rap"
    I like Wu-Tang. Nevertheless these other rap artists/groups wannabeez need to take time and enjoy their remaining days. Wait about 4 - 5 years before making another "hit".

Have you been able to keep up with the names, the songs, the lyrics, the solos, etc of Rap?

Knight Rider's theme was taken and used by Busta Rhymes in "Fire It Up"
    Kenny Rogers And Dolly Parton's "Islands In The Stream" was taken and used
    Steely Dan's "Black Cow" intro melody was taken and put into a "continous loop".

Why can't these artists use their own resources instead of taking other hit songs from the past and putting a copyright on it as though they were brand new.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 2, 1998 - 04:12 pm:
    that's what rap is all about. "rapping" over other people's music.

By Blindswine on Tuesday, June 2, 1998 - 06:34 pm:
    not all of hip-hop is about rhyming over recycled tracks.

The Roots - Organix
    The Roots - Do Ya Want More
    The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
    The Roots - Things Fall Apart

The Roots are a hip-hop group out of the Philadelphia-based Foreign Objects coalition. There are no samples on these cd's; everything you here is either live instrumentation or the amazing human sound-box Rahzael.

The Last Poets - Holy Terror
    The Last Poets - Freedom Express
    The Last Poets - The Last Poets

The Last Poets are one of the originating forces. They don't have to rhyme over "recycled" tracks. In their early years, they rhymed over african drums they played themselves. These days, they get muhfuckas like Bootsy Collins, George Clinton, Large Curry, Bill Laswell and a host of other talented musicians to play with them and recreate any tracks they may have thought about "biting".

DJ Premier freaks original piano hooks for Gang Starr. Whether he's using samples or not, you'll never be able to tell where those beats came from.

Shit.. there's much more, but i don't have the time.
    Suffice it to say that most of the shit you're hearing on the radio is more closely related to pop music than anything else. Even NYC's HOT97 is kinda wack these days. whatever.

and there is still artistry in using samples as a post-modern musical instrument. but only when it's done right.

By The Falcon on Saturday, June 6, 1998 - 06:28 pm:
    I remember rap hits like these

Roxanne, Roxanne UTFO
    Basketball Kurtis Blow
    Jail House Rap Fat Boys
    Just A Friend Biz Markie
    Jam On Revenge Newcleus
    Girls Of The World DJ Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince aka Will Smith

By Nate on Saturday, June 6, 1998 - 06:59 pm:
    When I was in 6th grade i bought a tape called "Street Rap III". It had Roxanne, Roxanne on it. My friend Piwan, from Laos, taught me how to breakdance with that tape.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Sunday, June 7, 1998 - 12:02 am:
    My first encounter with rap was something called "The Double Dutch Bus." I cannot remember who recorded it. Can anyone help me? Very early 80s I think.

The double dutch bus is on the street, you better get off the curb move your feet

Uptown downtown....

By Sean on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 09:12 am:
    I remember that one :) :) :)

I used to break-dance.

"Beat Street"
    "Breakin"
    "Breakin 2 : Electric Boogaloo"

By Kelsey on Wednesday, June 17, 1998 - 02:01 pm:
    sugar hill gang rawk!

By DARRIN on Saturday, July 18, 1998 - 11:06 pm:
    MATCHBOX 20 is nothing more than a poor imitation of COUNTING CROWS! Listen to the singer as he annunciates in the same manner. Wait, it gets better!heh The lead singer from THE COUNTING CROWS is doing a bad imitation of VAN "THE MAN" MORRISON!hehhhhe Further proof that today's music lacks any originality whatsoever! Give me the OLDIES and I am happy! GRUNGE, ALTERNATIVE, etc is for the mindless!!

By AJZ on Sunday, July 26, 1998 - 11:13 pm:
    While Third Eye Blind's songs that got airplay might not be that good,
    check out their album its got a bunch of good songs.
    And Ben Folds Five rocks, even if Brick sux
    check out their "Whatever and Ever Amen" album

By ASHLEY on Wednesday, July 29, 1998 - 02:42 am:
    MATCHBOX 20 KICKS ALL YA'LL ASS!!!

By Nathan on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 03:30 pm:
    i like matchbox 20 and third eye blind and all the other bands like them and you all suck so you should shut up because their better than you would ever be.

By Nate on Thursday, July 30, 1998 - 08:01 pm:
    stop using my name you illiterate bastard.

By Todd on Wednesday, August 5, 1998 - 02:48 am:
    First of all, let me say that I like almost all types of music. But today's music sux. Nobody cares about the actual art of music, or the love for music. They go where ever the money is at. They change their image, their ideas, and their attitude toward music. Take Alex Rose for instance, he has went from Rock to Techno. Drugs has really screwed this guy up. I remember at a G-N-R concert Alex talked shit about techno, and know he is playing it! What the ....... Take a look at Metallica, they are big sell-out! so is Dr. Dre! Like I was saying nobody plays music for the love of it anymore, it's played to make money. Which there is no problem with wanting to make money, but just achieve it at doing something you love, not something you don't. Just don't be a SELL-OUT. But the big problem is that we're all riding on the BANDWANGON to support these #$*%ing SELL_OUTS.
    I could write a book on this crap. The Blues is the only way to go. At least they are not sell-outs.
    Oh yea, MatchBox 20, BenFolds Five, and today's rap all sux big @#!*ing elephant #%@!*. Just about all of today's music does.

By PetRock on Wednesday, August 5, 1998 - 01:19 pm:
    Thank you for your opinion Todd.

Would you like your pill now or mixed in with your pudding?

By Nate on Wednesday, August 5, 1998 - 01:21 pm:
    You're confusing music with pop. If they play it on pop radio, it's pop. It's designed to sell. It's 3-4 minute songs. It's catchy.

Dr. Dre has always been a sell out. So has Axl Rose. They find a place where music will sell and they make the music that will sell there. They're rich men. There isn't anything wrong with that.

There is good music out there, though. It just doesn't get so much radio play.

By SPEEDY on Saturday, August 8, 1998 - 11:47 am:
    Top 40 SUX....
    Who would listen to that shit anyway?
    Coming from a person accused of being under the influence of...
    BAR-KAYS
    OHIO PLAYERS
    CAMEO
    MANDRILL
    MTUME
    BT EXPRESS
    FATBACK BAND
    DAZZ BAND
    GAP BAND
    PARLIAMENT
    FUNKADELIC
    BLACKBYRDS
    JAMES BROWN
    CON FUNK SHUN
    ZAPP
    CURTIS MAYFIELD
    GIL SCOTT HERRON
    JOHNNY GUITAR WATSON
    BOOTSY COLLINS
    RICK JAMES
    E W & F
    ISLEY BROS
    BDP
    GETO BOYS
    ICE CUBE
    LOW PROFILE
    GANGSTARR
    PARIS
    TOO SHORT
    TROUBLE FUNK
    MIDNIGHT STAR
    ISAAC HAYES
    ONE WAY
    ERIC B & RAKIM
    FUNK INC
    GRANDMASTER FLASH/FURIOUS FIVE
    AFRIKA BAMBAATAA
    DAS EFX
    ONYX
    BRICK
    SLAVE
    MASS PRODUCTION
    SLAUTERHOUSE
    THE METERS
    WAR
    DRAMATICS
    STYLISTICS
    SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
    THE JB'S
    ROY AYERS
    THE O'JAYS

SPEEDY GONZALEZ "A WHITE BOY WHO PLAYS THAT FUNKY MUSIC"

By SPEEDY on Saturday, August 8, 1998 - 12:08 pm:
    MESSAGE TO ALL THE FUNKATEERS WAITIN' FOR THE MOTHERSHIPS RETURN
    IF YOU WANT ANY OF THESE MP3'S, CATCH ME AT:

speedy1@internet-australia.com

LATER.........

By Dsdsds on Tuesday, September 1, 1998 - 12:25 am:

you all suck!!!!!!!

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 02:36 pm:

It's kinda sad how people can't seem to get their point & opinions across without bashing/condeming others for their own. All this "you suck"... "they suck"... wow, I never knew how much "sucked."

I agree with what PJ was saying. I think music is a wonderful thing and it's purpose is to entertain and make people happy. To evoke some sort of feeling from them. It's perfectly fine for you not to like a certain group or song, but is it really necessary to come down on them or their audience? There are certain artists who I don't like (ie. Marilyn Manson) but I don't condemn others for liking him/his music. I let them have what they like, as they should let me have what I like. This isn't to say you can't have an opinion. Or the right to voice it. I just don't agree with the way in which some people choose to do so. As for selling out? I hear this used all too much also. Half the time people say that not even fully knowing what they're talking about but rather are just going along with what they've heard from others. People need to make money. If they have a talent (despite what you may think.. obviously someone out there thinks they have talent because they are selling their albums and making money) and can make money from this, then I say more power to them. I may not agree with some of the ways which they choose to do so. (ie. Ken Griffey Jr. won't just autograph things anymore, he charges little kids for his autograph. I think that's flat out wrong. I know it's not music related, but you see what I'm saying?) But I won't suddenly say that their music sucks. Hrmm...

I like music. I guess that's why I'm so open to all. I agree a lot of artists today are in this for the wrong reasons, ie. just the money/fame.. but given the chance I know a lot of you would do the same. Maybe not intending to do so at first or even realizing you were. But sometimes we let that kind of stuff get the better of us and lose sight of what's important and in the case, I'd say it's making your music, being heard and making people feel... something, anything.

I like Matchbox 20 and 3rd Eye Blind also. And *nod* Jim, classical music.. definitely good stuff. I love my classical CD's and use those as an escape from all this other stuff sometimes. Makes me miss playing in orchestra though. :(

By Blindswine on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 05:55 pm:

you all suck!!!!!!!

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 06:50 pm:

*Giggles @ Swine* I knew I could count on you. ;)

By Starchy on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 10:26 am:

I like to put on Merzbow for people who claim to be 100% open-minded towards music. If they don't kick the stereo and scream for me to shut it off, they've earned a cookie.

A big one.

By Carrie Ann on Thursday, September 3, 1998 - 12:59 pm:

Hmmm, never heard of Merzbow. I'll have to look into that. But a big cookie sounds good. I'll be at your place around 8pm, Starchy.

By Starchy on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 12:15 pm:

Liar. You stood me up!

Not that I was home, or had a cookie for you...

By Carrie Ann on Friday, September 4, 1998 - 02:21 pm:

Oops, uhhh I ummmm, err hrmmm... Well you see, I well, ummm I was washing my hair! Yeah. No, hmmm.. that's not it.. hmmm.. I was washing the drag queen's hair! Yes! That's what I was doing.

Save that cookie for me, I'll make it there someday! Better yet, make it a twinkie. That's supposed to last a lot longer than a cookie.

By Tony on Thursday, September 24, 1998 - 10:56 pm:

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

Man, this is pathetic. Do you guys bash people who don't like the same foods that you do? No, you're right, that would be ridiculous... but from some of your comments, I wouldn't be surprised...

Anyway, I'm looking for Biz Markie's "Just a Friend" in mp3 format. I did a web-wide search like this:

Biz Markie
    > Just a Friend
    > mp3

...which returned 4 sites: one of which didn't even have it, one that wanted to trade for it (I have nothing to trade), and two that had bad links to it.

If anybody can help, please email me or post a note here. Thanks alot : )

><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

By Blindswine on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 01:23 pm:

shaddup you rat-fucking, onion-sucking, ratatouille-munching bastard.

try this link

By Bryan on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 01:47 pm:

Hey Starchy...interesting to hear someone rapping about Mr. Merzbow here on Sorabji. You're definitely right on the crowd-clearing potential and I just thought I'd make a sidenote here that I was actually priviledged enough to see the man perform live once...my skull was vibrating for a couple days after that one. Saw a couple other of those Japanese noise artists too...K.K. Null (solo guitar scraping...liked it when he started screaming directly into the guitar pickups. He played a biker bar on one of his couple gigs in the area and definitely made quite a "scene"), and Omoide Hatoba, oh yeah Zeni Geva (K.K. Null's 3 piece band) too, although thats a little more rock-ist in tendencies. You know, I'm not really what you'd call a "fan" of the music although I am kind of intrigued by it and appreciate it in a more abstract kind of way. One thing I've found with some of that stuff is (although most of the Merzbow really is off the deep end on the white noise quotient) that if you let your head adjust to it for a few minutes, it almost becomes mellow in a strange sort of way as the various layers start to unfold. I think, if listened to openly, the structure of some of the more intelligently constructed "noise artists" material can be appreciated in much the same way that you can appreciate other musics, such as classical, etc. It's uses are definitely, shall we say, a little more limited than your average tuneage, though some of it IS pretty interesting. Seeing it live is sort of an eye-opener...makes it easier to appreciate on some level, much like free-jazz.

By Tony on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 04:28 pm:

To blindswine: thanks, but that link's dead, too...

By Ronben on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 04:38 pm:

Yo bloodswine, God is real and He loves you no matter what the devil has you believing.
    God bless you and may you let Jesus into your heart one day. †

By Smug Bug on Friday, September 25, 1998 - 04:53 pm:

Ah music...sweet music

It's always the same - One says says My (artist, genre, band, etc.) Is the best! the next one says he she it they suck! then the next says Why can't we all agree to disagree?

Opinions about music always seem passive and pathetic to me. When someone says I like this or I hate this, the person is really saying I am the kind of person who likes/hates this. I think people realize what a private thing the love of music is, and are sensitive about what it might reveal. Then the shouting and careful choosing of who or what music you'll be associated with starts. And then we display the Merzbow CD prominently, and stick the Matchbox 20 CD in a drawer somewhere.

Hock your stereos, everybody...buy a guitar if ya don't already have one (or whatever instrument you want) or if ya ain't got the fingers, sing in the shower.

Don't watch MTV, for god's sake...see the bands live or not at all.

If ya want.

By Starchy on Monday, September 28, 1998 - 10:56 am:

Bryan: screaming into the pickups is an old Steve Albini trick, but KK Null ain't bad. (check out Jordan, Minnessota by Big Black) As far as experimental guitarists go, though, I've recently been converted to Jim Plotkin - saw him perform with Mark Spybey of Dead Voices on Air the other night, and it was truly mindblowing. They do sort of an organic minimalist noise thing... definately worth checking out. They'll have a release out on Kranky Records next week - sorry, don't know the URL. But, yeah... Merzbow... MMmm...

By Twister on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 09:58 pm:

screaming into pickups goes back WAY before steve albini, fella.

By Twister on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 - 10:03 pm:

..I like to put on matchbox 20 and whitney houston for people who claim to be 100% open about music. Most of the time, they just need an excuse to parade their self-images. So then I put on the radio.

By Chris on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 02:18 pm:

wow - 6 years later and music is so much worse

I shudder to think where we will be in another 6 years time

By Emperor on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 03:38 am:

On Smug Bug's point, people have a hard time judging me when I say my favourite genre's of music are Death Metal and Classical Indian. In short, I agree, music has become a way of getting social acceptance. While a person would love Rush, he/she would not like Dream Theater because "They are lyke so metuhl."

PS: For those who think there is no good rap today. Try searching for some lesser knowns like Talib Kweli and Canibus.

PPS: Allan Holldsworth is crimnally underated.

By X Rob-Bob x on Tuesday, September 7, 2004 - 06:46 pm:

i agree with Smugbug...

you guys are all judging each other way too much over each others taste in music! calm it....

you shoudn't have to get all worked up etc over the fact that someone doesn't like the same band as you, but should generally try to be more open about your taste in music.

i personally like basically all genre's of music, so many people see my collection and are like: 'why in the hell do you have that??" then they look down and say "wow! i like them too!"

thats awesome. it's the way it should be! all your opinions should be like that. music is something which you can connect to completely, and let yourself go to while listening. so, people shouldn't be judged over the way they have found that escape.

open your souls kiddos!! :D xxx

By Da ka on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 09:35 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact