3rd wave 'Ska'

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: 3rd wave 'Ska'
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Charlie Mota on Saturday, April 3, 1999 - 08:16 am:

That fucking circus music shit makes me sick.
    Real ska is alright (Jamaican jazz circa 1960-1966).Hell, 2nd wave ska sucks too.I hate the Specials. They took some classic early reggae songs and pretty much killed them. Madness, Selecter,Specials etc. it's all sped up reggae, sung with that snotty limey style. Dave & Ansil
    Collins, the Maytals, Lee Perrys' Uppsetters, Laurel Aitken, Derrick Morgan, etc. did it 1st and did it best circa 1968-72. Some called it Skinhead Reggae...that's what I'm talking about!!

By SheetsERR on Monday, April 12, 1999 - 12:38 am:

Even Marley did a little ska in his early days - Peter Tosh was in the band at that time. I agree with you, though. I've had enough of these silly white kids from the suburbs who think they can perform ska music. I guess Kenny Wayne Shepherd is a real blues man, too? Unfornuately, the shitball sound of pseudo-ska seems to have infused itself rather smoothly into today's mainstream, "alternative" music. Oh well, guess I'll let it be. Heh... don't get me goin' on that "alternative" dogshit!

By RiverCityLessThanCatch22MustardPicklesTone on Tuesday, February 5, 2002 - 05:45 pm:

1st wave 'ska' is so completely different from 3rd wave that they shouldn't share the same name. I personally can't stand 1st wave, and not much 2nd wave either. I'll stick with 3rd wave ska that is a real different genre instead of reggae and "jamaican jazz"(?)

you guys remind me of this song (propagandhi, against all authority, others)
    "ska sucks...
    ska revival isn't cool you stupid fucks
    the bands are only in it for the bucks
    and if you don't believe me you're a schmuck
    but the trend will die out with any luck
    a message for you rudy
    a message for you rudy
    a message for you rudy
    FUCK YOU RUDY!!"

By J on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 01:48 am:

Where does ReaL Big Fish fit in here??

By semillama on Wednesday, February 6, 2002 - 10:08 am:

Recent 3rd wave ska is about as lame as
    music can get. Regurgitate the worst of 2nd
    wave ska and lame repetitve hardcore, and
    there you go. There's some decent groups
    out there, but I find myself linking them more
    with the 2nd wave, as the don 't feel the need
    to throw a bunch of heavy distored guitars in
    the mix, I'm talking Mu330 and BoyoBoy here.

You can't beat original sixties ska though -
    The Maytals, Desmond Dekker, the Skatalites,
    The Wailers, Laurel Aitken, and all the rest.
    You can keep the rest.

By Kaotik on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 11:06 pm:

Dub 56!

By I love ska on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 02:06 am:

Prince Buster...Desmond Dekker..Stranger Cole..Slim Smith..Don Drummond..The Gaylads..much more killer ska

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact