britney spears

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: britney spears
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Irratated on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:50 am:

she sounds like she's on helium

By semillama on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 08:43 am:

yes, we get your point, go tell it to her fans.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:10 pm:

wait, i didn't quite get that.....
    did
    you
    say
    she
    sounds
    she's
    on...helium?

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:16 pm:

sounds like she has chalfonts to me.........

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:18 pm:

Gotta admit she's got a cute midriff though. I could spend some quality time exploring it.

By Cat on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

I wouldn't collecting money from some big conglomerate like Coke to tattoo their logo on her midriff. Now talk about exposure...it's an advertisers dream.

By Cat on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:26 pm:

I forgot to add "mind" to the above...damn, I'm such a blonde today. The sky is so blue here and I feel the urge to go do something very very silly. Something about bright blue skies always does that to me.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 07:24 pm:

me too.
    perfect blue days make me wanna
    blow bubbles
    hop around
    and ride my bike.
    plus yell friendly things.

By Jake on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 09:54 pm:

you've got the beginnings of a great britney spears song there, you know.

By Jay on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 10:39 pm:

yell what sort of friendly things?
    Hey motherfuckers! who wants a Coke?
    Smile you cocksucking dickshit!
    Get the lead out grandma!
    sod off you bleeding wanker!
    i don't know that i've ever "hopped around"

By Sir Rot on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 12:39 am:

small boy on the beach
    listening to mermaids sing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~..............................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.............................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~............................
    ~~~~~~~~j~~~~~~~~~~~..............................
    ~~~~~~j~~~~~j~~~~~~~..............................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~j~~~~~~~~~......i......................
    ~~~~~~~j~~~~~~~~~~~~~.............................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...........................

By Zephyr on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:06 am:

I like Dead Can Dance.

By J on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:30 am:

I just got the new Recliners C.D.,you really haven't lived till you hear "I'm only happy when it rains"lounge style,and "Welcome to the jungle". Raw Fish baby,thats's the ticket.

By Zephyr on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:57 am:

That I'm Only Happy When It Rains song brings back bad memories. Even though I like it.

By J on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 02:03 am:

I can relate to it.

By Jay on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 08:02 am:

imagine if you really were only happy when it was raining. i'd have been hurting here a few months back. it didn't rain for like four months here. now it rains everyday so i'd be happy as a clam.
    all you portland motherfuckers too.
    that song "i wanna sex you up" brings back bad memories for me. and i hate to admit it but i sort of like it.

By Biro on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 04:49 pm:

stop using my colloquialisms Jay, you have more than enough of your own, LOL

By Biro on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 04:53 pm:

Mavis, its all I ever ride, a bike. Had one half inched 2 years ago, was mightily brahms and liszt about it. Now ride a Mary Poppins bike with a basket...... no-one wants to steal it, wonder why?

By Biro on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

has anyone heard of The Subdudes.......defunct now. Whenever I had the Fred McMurries they would be my first choice to hear.

By Spider on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

Is "brahms and liszt" more rhyming slang?

[Shouldn't slang be used to save effort? Doesn't it seem like it would be more trouble to think of , for example, "let's take a butcher's" than "let's take a look"?]

By droop on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

brams and liszt = pissed = drunk.

saving enunciatory effort is for advertisers, corporate nomenclature, and california dweebs.

slang is for raping our mother tongue. the hard way.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:50 pm:

i saw the subdudes play in new orleans once....
    i like their song "miss love"

biro
    the biro is in the mail

By Biro on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 04:07 pm:

Mavis am avidly watching the mail....... cant wait to try out my new biro. Miss love is a nice tune, am currently on a Bob Marley marathon, it happens every few months, then its back to Ry Cooder and the classics. When in a funk I listen to Ravels Bolero, I love the way it winds its way into your soul, I have to be alone tho, its a private thing.

By Jay on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 04:29 pm:

i myself was thinking of starting a bob marley marathon. i have a great out of print box set and some times i'll put in all four discs and hit random. good shit. i guess that goes without saying though. last time i did it was during my drug days. took a hit of good acid and peaced out to bob all night.

By crimson on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 06:02 pm:

i've got a bob marley tape here. it's never been opened. brand new copy of "soul rebel". on cassette. anyone interested? drop me an e-mail. just cover the postage & it's yours. i'll send internationally, too. just thought i'd mention it.

By Biro on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 07:47 pm:

have just been listening to Stephane Grapelli with Django Reinhart- cool music if you are in the mood. Otherwise it gets me too maudlin. Back to Bob, he always gets me up and dancing around.

By Jay on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 08:47 pm:

that and a few pints.

By semillama on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 09:27 pm:

Know who's as good as Bob, if not better sometimes, for dancing around? Toots and the Maytals. Also Jimmy Cliff. Good reggae for chilling out or driving or making out is Burning Spear. (I'm making a guess about the making out part)

By N.b. on Saturday, July 15, 2000 - 10:55 pm:

Good slow drip grind, Gregory Isaacs. Any record, just put it on repeat, lose all sense of time.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, July 16, 2000 - 08:33 am:

My dad saw Stephane Grappelli in concert last year. He said that they wheeled Stephane out in a wheelchair, looking all wizened, and my dad's first though was "it's going to be long night..." But once he picked up that violin, all doubts were erased. He can still play his heart out. I always love hearing about people like that, who are still doing what they love, and doing it well, at that age.

By Biro on Sunday, July 16, 2000 - 07:09 pm:

I am sensing sarcasm in here, seems to be coming from Jay. A nice cuppa tea also gets me up and grooving to Bob.

By Biro on Sunday, July 16, 2000 - 07:13 pm:

Desmond Dekker and the Aces really old reggae- then it was called Ska music. Worth listening too tho. UB40 are pretty good, did you know that UB40 is a British unemployment form? Used to have to fill them out myself when I lived in England.

By Jay on Sunday, July 16, 2000 - 09:18 pm:

i thought UB40 was the name of a submarine.

what sarcasm?

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 11:49 am:

my favorite music is old dancehall and calypso---some desmond dekker, mighty sparrow...and old marley (guava jelly, this train, etc) toots and the maytals are amazing...jolly boys are great (beer joint and tailoring is their finest to date)....i think the desmond dekker era of which i am most fond is called "rock-steady"----it's historically between dancehall and ska and has sweet vocals with steady timbale and intermittent, just-under-the-metronome-you-can-keep-time-with-your-breath beats. awesome for chilling out, making out, dancing with someone you really like, etc.

By Jay on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

i love that old bob marley. hammer, guava jelly, cornerstone, mellow mood. it's like the buddy holly of reggae.
    simple beats with great vocals. gives me chills.

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 01:55 pm:

Buffalo soldier......... or Easy Skanking. Skanking, good nick.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 01:58 pm:

yeah! cornerstone! i was thinking of that one before but forgot the name momentarily.

have you heard anything from the "Upsetter Record Shop"--i think marley did 3 or 4 of these... i have 2 of them and they are amazing. gives me chills for sure. how funny....i think of this music as the otis redding of kingston! although comparing it like that seems dumb, since reggae rocksteady, dancehall all are their own musical universes...ahhh.

"comma comma comma come back hee-ere
    my-iy precious one"

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

I am now the proud possessor of not one but TWO purple pens sent curtesy of MAVIS, a big thankyou. Desmond Dekker- yep its rock-steady, he used to play locally, every Sunday night I just bought a CD of his and he still sounds good. Get ready, rock-steady.

By Purple Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 04:23 pm:

His biggest hit was 007, remember that one? It Mek was the one I ALWAYS danced too, loved it.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:07 pm:

yeah, and during my lunch i remembered the pther two types of jamaican music that rule the earth---
    mento
    and
    jamaican gospel.

and, although i've heard it thousands of times, honour your mother still gets me!!!

i am glad you like the pens!

i would give almost anything to have seen desmond dekker play...

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

I was young he was not even popular to the masses, but me and Jan (my best friend) would get up stand up.. and groove. The next town up from me in London was Shephards Bush, it was known for its outdoor market, it was under the overground train lines, hope that makes sense, anyway, ska and such were all that was played..... very Island oriented, at that time there was a huge influx of Jamaicans arriving in London, hence my penchant for Island Music, my sister had the best collection of Motown at the time, we would have a constant bicker about Motown v island music.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

wow. you are lucky.
    i am from very near motown actually.

have you heard the jolly boys?

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 06:51 pm:

no, and am not ashamed to admit it, is there a particular jolly boys cd I should buy. Let me know. Or is Jolly boys a name for a popsickle? We used to love jublees.. dont make them anymore. They were icepops in the shape of a pyramid.

By Mavis on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 07:47 pm:

there are three different jolly boys cd's that i know of
    beer joint and tailoring
    pop and mento

and i forgot the other one.

i can make you a tape of the best of all three if you want.

jublees sounds awesome!
    one of my nicknames is jujube

By Biro on Monday, July 17, 2000 - 10:11 pm:

your pronunciation is JUJOOB, mine is JUBILEE, both are good nicks tho! Jubilee is a very London thing, I have asked numerous people in the UK and they have no idea what I am talking about. My tape deck eats ... so dont do tape. I am going on a hunt for tasteless biros. Nothing like a purpose in life!

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 11:55 am:

in that case

beer joint and tailoring is the jolly boys cd i recommend

By LadiDa on Monday, October 2, 2000 - 01:52 am:

Sir Rot you take up too much useless space.........that's all

(and no this comment is not useless)

By S on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 09:26 am:

Blink 182 are sell outs. Britney Spears is a loser.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 09:42 am:

Nuh-uh. Blink 182 r0x, d00d.

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 11:15 am:

I think that Britney Spears videos are more palatable if you mute the sound and play My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult or the Genitorturers over it.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

blink 182 sell outs?

how can you sell out when you sucked corporate cock all along?

By Hal on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 12:58 pm:

No their original album wasn't bad... Dude Ranch.
    It was put out by a different Recording agency before the started sucking cock.

And your right sem, the video's are better if you do that. But instead of MYWTKC, try the Misfits, and Electric Hellfire Club...

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

out of curiosity....

it seems their first album was Chesire Cat, which, like Dude Ranch was on Cargo Records...not necessarily "corporate" but no small indie label either. Fairly large international label.

why do i care about this shit......(dont answer that)

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

Nah, Misfits aren't evil sex music. Pigface is pretty good though. "Sex on wheels" is particularly good with any teen slut device, and the Genitorturers' "Squealer" (AC/DC cover) is great for that as well.

Actually, what might be most entertaining is to superimpose the images of Spears with the music of Mercyful Fate. even better, have spears in King Diamond make up.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

i fuckin wanted to throw my TV or radio out the window when i heard that fucking "sex on wheels" song. so so so annoying.

How bout Gwar or GG Allin oer a Spears video.

By Xyrea on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

The world would simply be a safer environment if the shit that is made "popular" were to be used as door stops, target practice, and stress stomping devices. Spears, that she-bangs guy, and all the irritating little boy bands must go.

By agatha on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

i kind of like them right now. in fact, i'm currently listening to a mixed cd that i made which has, in this order: lucinda williams, harry belafonte, back street boys, britny spears, david bowie, deeelite, and some other shit.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

last time i saw britney spears i shot my load all over her back. she was like "hand me a towel, stan". i was like "fuck you you sell out cunt, get your own towel." then i left.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

yeahhhh

By semillama on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 03:41 pm:

Check' sin the mail.

By Hal on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 05:25 pm:

I think a Gwar/Spears video would be good... You know she's singing all ove her bullshit music they show her up get her all fucked up on coke or something, fuck her brains out, and then impale her on a spear... True Gwar style with a Brittny spears touch... Have her like blow all of them off after they get her high with the coke..

By heather on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

eh. yuck.

By patrick on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 06:34 pm:

i was gonna say hal, thats way way WAY outta line buddy.

By Dougie on Wednesday, October 3, 2001 - 07:14 pm:

That was cool, Hal. Didn't know you had it in you. Keep up the good work!

By J on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 01:02 am:

Hal can be very creative with pop icons.

By semillama on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 08:40 am:

I was channel surfing last night and came across the the new Britney Spears video.

(waits for laughter to subside)

I think she thinks she's Prince.

By Hal on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 10:20 am:

Explination: That was much unlike me I know, but based on my pure animal hatred of Britney Spears, and everyone and everything she represents I thought it to be in line.
    As for what to be done about this situation, Gwar need not be involved I supppose their methods of dealing with the teen pop bitch would be a bit overwelming and there would be legal trouble.
    Instead we could just hit her with an 18 wheeler, or cast her naked into the middle of a pack of timber wolves in the center of the siberian wastelands... Either way would be more economical then paying Gwar to have their way with her as well as supporting the amount of coke they would use would be a fortune. Hell we could even give her to the Afganies naked, see what their response is to that...

By Mavis on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 11:28 am:

hey sem
    don't you think britney spears looks a lot like koffi? zilla's daughter??

By patrick on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 11:39 am:

stick around you.

By Mavis on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 01:34 pm:

i would like to clarify for everyone who isn't sem that zilla and koffi are alaskan husky dogs.
    i swear to god britney looks just like koffi...poor little bitch!

By Hal on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 02:07 pm:

The dog or spears...?

MAVIS, don't leave us again... Please.

By J on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

I'm sorry,I'm no fan of Britney,don't care for her music,but I think she's a living doll...so there.

By Mavis on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

i am not saying britney isn't cute. but she *really* looks like koffi...where is sem when you need him?

By semillama on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 02:50 pm:

Working on a @$%*&*&@! management summary is where. Hmmm, there may be some resemblance. I don't know.

Bloop Bloop Bloop!!!

My Subgenius superpowers snagged me free SImpsons figures from BK and a dollar as well.

By Mavis on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 03:56 pm:

sem do you ever check yer *&^%$##!! email?
    i need to know where to send the mead.......
    hasta pronto!

By semillama on Thursday, October 4, 2001 - 05:16 pm:

Nothing pops up to tell me I have mail with yahoo...

And when I am typing fast and furious I am not on the net!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact