American Idol 3: for real this time.

sorabji.com: Worst music you've ever heard: American Idol 3: for real this time.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 11:13 pm:

I have a few things to say.
    1) Randy and Simon should judge alone every week! Fuck that ass kissing Paula. It should be called Simon and Randy Make Overconfident Skanks Cry.
    I'd watch that and buy the t-shirt!

2) Okay, who the hell let Toby Keith audition in L.A.? You know who i'm talking about. He's old, hes balding, he's 24...my ass.
    I SOOO look forward to seeing him perform.

3) RE: that saucy black chick in the 50's dress who dreams of buying a pink car with her winnings. Oh great, i said, another fabulous black chick with an amazing voice that will be voted off in the final 4 or 5, just like every other talented black chick! Keep bringing them on, fellas, and America will just keep voting them off, no matter how good they are.

p.s. fuck you to that greasy dude who said he would give $100,000 to charity if you won. No one on earth believed you. Also, you can't sing.

By agatha on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 12:09 pm:

We've got a midget and an Asian dude this time around! Yay!

I'm so excited.

I liked the black woman from the 50's. I thought she was swell.

By agatha on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 12:13 pm:

I wanted to strangle that guy with pantyhose when he said "Number 1, I'm American..." Plus, he's a football player. Then he opened his mouth and had a really nice voice.

Fuck you, you fucking fuck!

His brother seemed like he really loved him, however, which I must confess was slightly endearing.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

not to be mean, but the midget girl....

she was OK, but...

when they did the "she tried out for cheerleader and she got it!" think, I was thinking...

no...really?

By Dani on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 09:54 am:

I liked that real pretty Hawaiian girl who made it through last night. She had a beautiful face and a really nice voice.

By kazu on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:54 am:

Do you mean the model? I hated her and think Paula Abdul is a complete pushover. Or do you mean the one with the dark, almost smoky voice? I liked her and thought she was gorgeous.

My favorites though are the ones who are so bad that Simon and Randy get gayface. Now the show stops being as fun for me until the end of the season if and when they have a "worst of the worst" audition show.

By kazu on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:56 am:

Though I guess through wisper and agatha, the fun never stops.

By Spider on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:27 am:

I saw the tail end of the audition with the little guy who apparently sounded like Aaron Neville. Except I didn't hear him sing...so did he sound like Aaron Neville? I thought he was cute.

By dave. on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 11:48 am:

the smoky-voiced, hawaiian girl was hot. she should try to be more naked. i'd want a clone of her but only if they could somehow stick the brain of a 1 year old labrador retriever in it.

the pen salesman guy was pretty good, too. he did sound like aaron neville. agatha kept rewinding the tivo to watch him over and over.

By agatha on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 12:11 pm:

I liked the Mormon pen guy, especially when he started dancing outside of the rehearsal studio. I've got high hopes for that guy.

I liked the girl with ukelele too, and also the big Hawaiian rapper.

By semillama on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 01:29 pm:

That was the only one I watched, so I could review all the badness every one was talking about.

The pen salesman guy was great, and especially after when he was dancing - you could tell the guy has a great sense of humor and there's definitely something there they can pull to the surface.

I also liked the tone-deaf beach guy who kept talking about the dancer dude being able to sing in key.

By Dani on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 11:38 am:

Yup, I was talking about the smoky-voiced girl. Her voice was really nice and yes, she is a beautiful girl. I thought the model kind of sucked.
    The Chinese looking guy who did the Ricky Martin song made me and Kim laugh so hard we had tears in our eyes.
    I can't remember what they said the smoky-voiced girl did for a living but I think she'll advance nicely in this show.

By Dani on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 11:42 am:

Yeah and that pen salesman dude had a really nice voice also. He did sound alot like Aaron Neville. Very soothing.

By kazu on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 11:50 am:

he'll be the next rick astley.

By eri on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 01:50 pm:

I liked the mormon pen salesman. I thought he sounded a lot like Aaron Neville. Even Spunky liked him which is really rare. But I thought Clay was going to be the next Rick Astley and I so far, not happening.

I really don't like a lot of the people they put thru to the next round, though and will thoroughly enjoy some of them being sent home.

I guess I am just getting bitchier, but most of them annoy the fuck out of me. Lately I have been watching the show to see what Simon would say and I have heard him say something along the lines of "you are possibly the worst singer in the world" or "you are so horrible, that was the worst audition I have seen yet this year" like 50 million fucking times.

I did laugh my ass off when the beach invaded the room and said that the loser could sing and then the guy admitted he was tone deaf......

Geez. I am so tired and out of it lately. My body is STILL adjusting to working full time and I start my new schedule (getting up even earlier)tomorrow. This is gonna be fun. But if I stick it out (and I plan to) and make perm, then I will start at 32k a year, plus benefits (and the mutual funds deals are awesome). I just wish I could adjust to working full time again. I'm driving myself crazy. AI3 is like a demented form of relief at the end of the day.

By wisper on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 06:44 pm:

i think this may very well be the year of the Black Chick.

*hope hope*

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, February 11, 2004 - 07:01 pm:

By moonit on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:35 am:

Our NZ Idol has started. There was one chick who sent raised the hair on my arms with her Bic Runga song. she's gonna rock.

I hope.

Our idol will be maori/polynesian for sure.

By Spider on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:02 am:

So, how is the pen salesman doing? Is he still there?

By Dani on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 02:28 pm:

I still have no idea what happened to the smoky-voiced hawaiian girl.
    Where did she go?

By agatha on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:12 pm:

I think she's still there, isn't her name Camile? She's performing next week.

I love Fantasia, although I think I'm going to stab someone if they make her do the bobo again. Diana's cute too, she's got a nice personality. I hate that song that she sang, but whatever.

I'm sad that Jennifer's gone, with her big hair and her fuchsia lips and her inability to control her facial expressions. Maybe she'll come back for wildcard. I kind of liked Erskine too, even though he stopped wearing the pimp clothes and started singing Journey.

My picks for next week so far are the sullen lesbian and the sassy redheaded country singer.

By agatha on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:13 pm:

Oh, and also DOWN WITH THE ROMAN BROTHERS.

By agatha on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:15 pm:

Pen salesman still there, he'll be on in a couple of weeks.

By Spider on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:33 pm:

What's his name?

By Spider on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 04:52 pm:

By agatha on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 08:47 pm:

There's out little mormon boy! I love him.

By Dani on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 11:18 pm:

I missed it last night..that's why I didn't see the Hawaiian girl. I just now remembered it was on last night. Shit.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:14 pm:

Did anyone see my man John Peter Lewis last night? He sang Elvis! The boy's got some gonads. I think it was quite possibly the most memorable American Idol performance ever.

By Spider on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 12:52 pm:

He's still in the running? Yay! Maybe there's a clip of his performance online...I missed it.

By wisper on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 06:10 pm:

i'm getting so bored of the whole thing, i forgot it was on.

but do tell if you find a clip.

By Rowlfe on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 09:23 pm:

William Hung Signs Record Deal With Koch Records
    Posted By Brian J. Blottie on 03.12.04

American Idol reject and internet cult phenomenon to release album

Sometimes you don't have to win the American Idol competition to garner yourself a place in history. Enter William Hung, best known as the Asian UC Berkeley engineering student who performed the single worst audition in American Idol history with his rendition of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs". Ever since the audition aired, Hung has been an overnight sensation, drawing huge hits to his website, and creating a cult-like following in the process.

Striking the iron while it's hot, Koch Records have signed Hung to a record deal, and have quickly put together "True Idol", due out April 6th. Many are predicting that the album will outsell any of the former American Idol winners' albums, as well as selling more copies than the Bible. Many people are also high on crack.

Successful or not, William Hung has earned himself a place in pop culture history, and no matter how the album sells, he's still going to be making more money than most of us combined once he graduates as an engineer. We may be laughing at him now, but the last laugh will inevitably be his.

[credit: MTV.com]

By wisper on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 09:05 pm:

i dunno guys, i'm just not feeling it this year.
    sad, really.

By agatha on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 10:25 pm:

I'm with you, but I'm watching like the drone that I am anyhow. Last night I even watched the interview show, but that was because I was avoiding working on my paper.

By kazu on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:07 am:

Did you finish yer paper dude? Are you done for the year now, or does your program do funky not-your-typical-two-semester type thing?

Not only have I finished all my work from this semsester, but also my incompletes from LAST YEAR. After I turn in my last paper tomorrow, I will be in a lightheaded floaty don't-know-what-to-do-with-all-this-free-brain-space that I haven't seen in a LONG time.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

By agatha on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 12:39 am:

No, NOT finished. not even close.

I go all year round, but after I finish this paper, I am done for a few weeks.

By moonit on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 03:17 am:

Our

New Zealand Idol

sucks. SUCKS. I've heard more talented people busking on the street. And I bet the 17 year old pimply dork wins. DORK WINS. I can see the headlines.

Fuckers.

By TBone on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:17 am:

Those are my kinds of headlines.

By sarah on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 02:14 pm:

a guy at work told me yesterday there's a contestant who is either hawaiian or at least from hawaii. is this true? is she any good?

By J on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 05:14 pm:

Yea she's good,she's only 17 and her name is Jasime Trias she's from Mililani HI.There was also a 18 year old girl from Haiku Maui named Camile Velasco,but she got voted off almost a month ago.I haven't botherd to call in for anyone this season,but I feel bad now cause George Huff is still in,and John Stevens is out and that shouldn't be.George and his pitiful faces gets on my nerves.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 08:58 pm:

yeah, Jasime from Hawaii is okay, if a little too cute and shiney.
    She's all smiles and flowers, it's somewhat annoying.

I'm growing to love George Huff. That guy is a character, with a unique voice.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 09:00 pm:

HOLY CRAP i missed big band night?!

it's all over.

By Agatha on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 11:16 am:

Oh, George, we hardly knew you and your strange strained facial expressions.

No men left.

I'm rooting for Fantasia first and Latoya second.

By sarah on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

all smiles and flowers... i'll tell you right now she can't help it and it's no act. that's just how it is in hawaii. there's no irony in hawaii, no worldliness or pretense or sophistication.

don't worry, be happy, brah.

By wisper on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 07:06 pm:

that's what i figured.
    Is everyone really so *NICE* ?

I guess it'll be Fantasia vs. Latoya, who i'm not fond of. I'd like to say Fantasia vs. Diana, but i already said it WILL be year of the black chick, so.....

Jasmine won't win, but she'll be happy anyway :)

By wisper on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 07:13 pm:

By kazu on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 08:18 pm:

Camile is yummy

By wisper on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 01:53 am:

indeed, she had a smokeyness about her, a vibe, if you will.

By agatha on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 11:15 pm:

She choked in the competition, unfortunately.

Do you think maybe Diana is pregnant with John Stevens' redheaded child? Ooooh, let's start rumors!

By eri on Friday, May 7, 2004 - 11:56 pm:

Spunky thinks that Camille is yummy, too. But she choked bad in the competition.

There is no one that I am all for voting for this year. It's a let down.

I am just happy that spastic boy (JPL?) is GONE GONE GONE GONE GONE.

By dave. on Saturday, May 8, 2004 - 01:24 am:

i can't stand diana. period.

i think jasmine is the cutest. how could any guy not get a crush on that.

la toya is beautiful. wakes up my inferiority complex.

there's just something mad sexy about fantasia. i'd hope she either knows cpr or at least owns a portable defibrillator.

i don't really care who wins as long as it isn't diana.

By wisper on Saturday, May 8, 2004 - 07:06 pm:

diana's pretty hateable.
    I guess Fantasia should win, but i really don't care about any of them. Fantasia has an interesting voice. meh meh meh.

that redhead kid was so classy. I miss him already.

By Gee on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 01:46 pm:

why can't you people talk about fun reality tv, like Survivor?

I can't believe how they managed to manipulate my emotions so completely this season.

By J on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 01:59 pm:

I don't believe Richard Hatch still was running around naked,what's with that asshole? Who wants to be subjected to his "junk".

By moonit on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 03:53 pm:

'merican idol 3 starts here on Sunday.

And the dork didn't win - I'm so happy about that. Well not happy enough to buy a NZ Idol cd, or to change my music listening tastes... maybe just pleased that we haven't tried to unleash a horror on the world.

By wisper on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 06:36 pm:

I never found surviour to be very interesting in the first place, and sure not after 8 seasons.

Dudes, did you see Jasmine last night? she suck-diddely-ucked. And then she cried, which i found to be quite telling of her youth, since she could not handle how bad she sucked.
    "It's raining men"? what was she thinking?!

By agatha on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 10:38 pm:

I felt bad for her. I didn't think she was that terrible. It wasn't great, but it could have been worse. She was crying because she knows she's going down tonight.

I hate to say it, but Diana rocked "No More Tears" last night. Latoya did pretty awesome on her second song, which I can't remember the name of. What was with that bizarre song that Fantasia chose for her second song? And what's up with Paula, does she have a black eye or something? She's been looking pretty fucked up lately.

By dave. on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 11:19 pm:

it sucks that she was made to cry. i just want to hold her and comfort her. then slip my hand down the front of her pants. she slips her hand down the front of my pants. she's still crying but less than moments before. she looks up at me, face wet with tears. there's some snot on her upper lip but not too much. i kiss her anyway. she kisses me back. . .

By Spider on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:55 am:

Ew, snot.

By dave. on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 03:00 am:

it wasn't the yellow-green snot of illness, it was the healthy, clear snot of beautiful people crying.

bye, latoya.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 10:49 am:

it would be a better show if the people werent allowed to vote till the VERY end. Jasmine should be gone. George and Latoya should still be there. Red should not have made it so far. I mean, there should be a reason theres JUDGES

By agatha on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:44 am:

That's enough of that, Dave.

Latoya was one classy dame, to the very end. I'm betting Elton John has already called her to make an album for him.

By patrick on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:31 pm:

jesus christ dave. rowlf. what the hell?

By jack on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:34 pm:

by "what the hell?" do you actually mean "stop the horror!"?

By patrick on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 01:23 pm:

as a matter of fact...yes. thanks for your clarification jack.

By Rowlfe on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 01:47 pm:

I dont watch it regularly. I just know whats going on.

By Kalli on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 04:28 pm:

oh this one is totally poop. i got so wrapped up in the last season american idol that there's no way in hell i'll let myself watch this one. most of the peeps looked a little off anyway...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact