Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By CarrieAnn on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 12:23 pm:
    Sitting here listening to my City Of Angel's soundtrack. (Still haven't seen the movie though) I'm not quite to that point where I'm tired of that Alanis Morisette song (Uninvited) even though I have it on perma-repeat. I'm sure it will hit soon.

By Bad Mood Chordata on Wednesday, June 3, 1998 - 08:29 pm:
    It sure as hell hit me before it even came out. One of my housemates plays that god awful CD on repeat. When the sappy trite crap flowed through my walls, I was hard-pressed not to grab a pen and jab it through my cochleas. Then, I realized my negative energy was sadly misfocused. Next time, the pen is going through his skull.

By Nate on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 10:21 am:
    This happened to me with REM's "Adventures in Hi Fi". My roommate last year played that CD over and over and over and over again. I kept hiding it but he kept finding it.

And then he started doing his girlfriend while i was trying to sleep in the same room. This all ended one night when I got up in the middle of their session and started carefully polishing 9mm rounds and snapping them into a magazine. I was whistling that grapes-of-wrath glory glory hallaluah song.

Well, actually, I was curled up tight in my bed wishing I had the guts to do something as brazen as that. Whenever they did that I always felt like it was my fault for being in the room, or being awake, or whatever.

To this day I carry a neurosis from those nights. It's so extreme that when I stayed in a hotelroom with my parents, I couldn't sleep because I was paralyzed with the fear that they would start having sex. Even though it was logically obvious that they wouldn't.

So fuck REM. And fuck Alanis. And fuck that repeat button. You're doing more damage than you know by overplaying songs.

By Pigs have no god on Thursday, June 4, 1998 - 11:47 am:
    this is not my beautiful house.
    this is not my beautiful wife.
    this is not my beautiful life.

my god! what have i done...

By Lyrics Girl on Sunday, July 12, 1998 - 03:24 pm:
    UUUMMMM, what the fuck is this? I just fucking wanted the lyrics to a song by Alanis, and I get this shit??? Well, my opinion is that Alanis isn't ALL THAT but I like the song she did for this movie (though I have yet to see it) but all the songs are aight I guess

By CarrieAnn on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 05:33 am:
    -UNINVITED- (Alanis Morissette ~ City Of Angels Sndtrk)

Like anyone would be
    I am flattered by your fascination with me
    Like any hot-blooded woman
    I have simply wanted an object to crave
    But you, you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
    To watch the stoic squirm
    Must be somewhat hard telling
    To watch them burn me shepherd
    But you you're not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
    I must seem greatly intriguing
    You speak of my love like
    You have experienced love like mine before
    But this is not allowed
    You're uninvited
    An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
    I need a moment to deliberate.

*There ya go Lyrics Chica.

-------------------

(And just in case someone wanted the other mentioned song............)

-IRIS- (Goo Goo Dolls ~ City Of Angels Sndtrk)

And I'd give up forever to touch you
    Cause I know that you feel me somehow
    You're the closest thing to heaven that I'll ever be
    And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
    And all I can breathe is your life
    Cause sooner or later it's over
    I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
    Cause I don't think that they'd understand
    When everything's made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
    Or the moment of truth in your lies
    When everything seems like the movies
    Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

And I don't want the world to see me

I don't want the world to see me

*nods helpfully.....*

By DARRIN on Monday, July 13, 1998 - 11:54 pm:
    Two songs seem to be buzzing in my head. One is "I FUCK LIKE A BEAST" by WASP and the other is "ORGASM ADDICT" by THE BUZZCOCKS! Gotta love those names, eh!?heh Here's a little taste of both: BEAST: I got pictures of naked ladies, lying on my bed...I sniff the sweat of their sweet convulsion, it starts getting inside my head. I'm making artificial love and so free..I howl in heat.. I FUCK LIKE A BEAST...
    ORGASM ADDICT is...I'm an orgasm addict, I'm always at....johnny won't fuck you, stains on my jeans....

By WILD on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 07:46 pm:
    Obviously a bunch of rocket scientists hang out here. . . Such educated language. Way to show off your I.Q. kids. Just stopping in to grab some lyrics. Thanks Carrie Ann

By DARRIN on Tuesday, July 14, 1998 - 10:45 pm:
    Wild, I had no idea you were one of the SENSITIVE ONES!! Snicker...heheh Excuse me for posting factual lyrics which have been brewing in my head for quite some time. Or would you rather have me sacrifice the above because you suffer from such FRAILTIES!? Here...I have another lyric for you! It's called "BITE ME AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT!!"bahahaahahahahh heheheheheheeheheheheeh DUH!
    FYI: This kid is 30-years-old and has enough maturity not to carry on over LYRICAL CONTENT! Go join TIPPER GORE & THE PMRC. They'd surely love you!!heh (christ, its bad enough when our government tries to infringe on our 1st amendment. Now we have a schlub by the name of WILD who enjoys doing the same.) UNFKNBLVBL!hehhhehhe Hey, I am not the one who had written those songs! Take it up with them!hah DUH!

By CarrieAnn on Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 01:00 am:
    DARRIN: You have entirely too much energy. Hehe ;)

WILD: You're welcome. :) And for future references for other lyrics, you can check out http://www.lyrics.ch - Awesome site for finding song lyrics.

By DARRIN on Wednesday, July 15, 1998 - 05:24 pm:
    CARRIE, but you wouldn't have me any other way, right?!heheheheeh I am the DAVID LEE ROTH of CYBERSPACE!heh HYPERACTIVE and always ON FIRE!hehhhh I simply deplore HYPOCRITICAL BUFFOONS, such as this WILD character. The audacity of him to call me IMMATURE when he himself is the one who is carrying on over FACTUAL LYRICS. Does he also WHIMPER when NYPD BLUE comes on the air!?hheh e.g. "Oh dear, I am going to petition ABC because they just showed DENNIS FRANZS' behind!". hehehehe

By April B on Tuesday, March 23, 1999 - 08:11 pm:

Carrie Ann, I guess you're the one responsible for the lyrics to "Uninvited". I've been trying to find them everywhere. Thanks a bunch.
    April B.

By Cyst on Wednesday, March 24, 1999 - 01:48 pm:

wanted to find the lyrics to a better iris, by the breeders, but got this message at www.lyrics.ch:

This server is partly shut down. The Search is up again, but no lyrics can be displayed yet.
    Our servers have been confiscated by the police. The NMPA has brought suit against us. After some meetings with them we see good chances to go back online in March. See the Press coverage.

By Cyst on Wednesday, March 24, 1999 - 02:00 pm:

the lyrics to the breeders song aren't wordsworth or anything, but it doesn't have that histrionic-and-dull one-two punch that american alternative rock stations threw over and over last summer with their incessant airplay of that awful goo goo dolls record.

Iris

Four hours in the pot, one hour out
    It grows and I sleep standing up
    When Iris sleeps over
    What a book she'll write
    Oh last night
    Oh come on, nobody wants that
    Sister, sister, Oh...
    We tried hour by hour
    Hour by hour [2x]

Four hours to daylight, four hours and then
    Pour water on me til I live again
    When Iris sleeps over
    It'll be alright
    All last night
    But come on, nobody wants that
    Sister, sister, oh...
    We tried hour by hour
    Hour by hour [2x]

By Gee on Thursday, March 25, 1999 - 04:57 am:

You know, seeing those "Uninvited" lyrics reminds me of when I saw whatsername singing that song on TV and I had the closed captioning on...the way they butchered that song (the way they screw up a lot of stuff) was kind of amusing. The only example I can really remember, was when she sang "you're uninvited" the CC would show "you're all invited". Could they not figure out what she was trying to say there?? Who's responsible for CC? I'm really curious. I always picture some skinny teenager with pimples sitting at a computer watching the show and frantically trying to type up what the people are saying.

By Markus on Friday, March 26, 1999 - 04:07 pm:

It's actually highly trained people selected from court reporters working for about three different companies. It's a very demanding job, since people talk at about 200 wpm and it's not possible to type that fast on a QWERTY, so they use a modified stenography machine. Just one more job that I couldn't do.

By April on Thursday, May 13, 1999 - 09:11 am:

I'd love it if you'd send me the lyrics to "Angel" and "Uninvited" and "Iris". Thanks from someone whose love of her life now sleeps with the angels.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, May 13, 1999 - 05:12 pm:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact