One night in Bangkok, Talking in your sleep, and Mirror Man

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: One night in Bangkok, Talking in your sleep, and Mirror Man
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Dongus on Saturday, August 1, 1998 - 01:04 am:
    These three songs are going through my head. Can anyone correctly identify the three groups that did these tunes? I know, and if no one can get this, I will post in a few days.

By Chorus on Saturday, August 1, 1998 - 09:11 am:
    Mirror Man is a song by an English band called Human league who were very popular in the early 80s, it isnt from their first album, that I'm sure cos that had a song called 'dont you want me' or something, one night in bangkok, will get back to you, as I think I've got it somewhere ok?
    chorus@microvac.com

By PetRock on Sunday, August 2, 1998 - 08:29 pm:
    Talking in Your Sleep was by the Romantics I think.

One Night In Bangkok was by Murray Head and from the Broadway play Chess.

It sounds like Chorus was correct with Mirror Man.

By Picofarad on Tuesday, August 4, 1998 - 05:51 pm:
    I thought that "Mirror Man" (Mere Me) was done by Don Van Vliet a.k.a. Captain Beefheart. . . . ? He does a song by that title. Also on his album by that same name is one called "Kandy Korn" (Thos " yellow and orange and candy" Halloween treats)

By PetRock on Tuesday, August 4, 1998 - 10:02 pm:
    well it was also done by the Human League (just checked to be sure....) so I guess Dongus will have to tell us which it is....

By UriahHeep on Tuesday, September 1, 1998 - 04:01 pm:

and the answer is. . . . . . .

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 01:17 pm:

*Murray Head did 'One Night In Bangcock'

*Romantics did 'Talking In Your Sleep'

*Human League did 'Mirror Man'

Heh, even though everyone already said that, I figured I add my 2 cents from my lil research.

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, September 2, 1998 - 01:19 pm:

Errr, Bangkok. Goodness what a type-o. *Pulls her head outta the gutter.*

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact