new music up your ass...

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: new music up your ass...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Kymical on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 01:15 pm:

just stole a c.d. from my friend and it is "nearly God"
    has anyone ever heard of this?

i am curious to hear who has and what they think of it.

maybe some bjork fans have heard it.

bu then again maybe this will goabout as well as my other posts and no one will have anything to say. except about something else of course.

then there is my challenge. come and talk completely off subject. or don't talk at all.

By Mavis on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 01:44 pm:

kymical-
    that bit about being spoken around and not to happens to me too.
    fuck it

nearly god, does that have stuff by tricky on it? i think i checked that out from the library recently.
    have you heard grassroots?

By dave. on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 01:59 pm:

don't let it get you down. thankfully, i don't usually have a response. it's better that way.

unless you're patrick. then you have a response to just about everything. and that's ok, too.

By patrick on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

(kisses)

By semillama on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 03:01 pm:

See?

By K on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

hahahhhaha

lovely weather. lovely. get out of my tutu. no. don't eat the bacon.

By Jay on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

i think it's funny that you "stole" a c.d entitled "nearly God". how is that not right?

By moonit on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 06:42 pm:

I was just thinking the same thing.

I will ask my music guru friend if she knows of it.

By patrick on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 08:16 pm:

i already spoke to god, she's off the hook.

dave clean the kitty box

By Cat on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

When you spoke to God, did she say "G'day mate?"...I'm just checking to make sure you really spoke to God and didn't get a crossed line.

Sorry Kymical, I would speak to your subject but I don't know the CD you're talking about.

But I can talk extensively about near God experiences. Of course, they were drug/alcohol/hormone induced so I don't think they really count.

By Jay on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 09:39 pm:

i don't think we should talk about God in here because the discussion always somehow makes it's way back around to bodily functions, usually pooping and well.... somehow i don't think that would be right.

By Mike on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 11:55 pm:

do you like the cd?

By Mike on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 11:57 pm:

"new music up your ass" sounds like an 80's compilation. released in the 80's. congrats.

By Kyical on Friday, July 7, 2000 - 11:58 pm:

i love it..i a partial totrack and 3 tho.

By Mike on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:03 am:

what?

By agatha on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:13 am:

we don't have a litter box. that's what the yard is for.

By Isolde on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 12:33 am:

I shat on God this morning. A big ole two pounder. I don't know why I'm being so bawdy today. Honest.

By Gee on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 01:18 am:

is nearly god (A)the name of the CD, or (B)the name of the group?

If A, please supply B.

If B, please supply A.

By Mike on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 01:40 am:

it doesn't matter. just check out track three. that's where it's happening.

By Kynical on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 02:48 am:

sorry the 2 key is stuck as well as the s and the m

it ucks.

but what i eant was check out track 2 and 3.

i think the band i nearly god and it i elf titled.

By Biro on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 02:50 am:

Jay, how can you say that about bodily functions? I am shocked!

By Kymical on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 05:48 pm:

there is a really cool sample on track 4 as well

"if the ladies think i'm stuck up i tell em' shut the fuck up."

it is a very beautiful song and i don't mean that sarcasticaticly or anything. it is really a beautiful song. it has bjork doing vocals...a nice sound.

speaking lyrics...maybe you can help Mr. Biro.

there is a lyric that goes
    "what i don't know about love technique,
    you can scribble in biro on the balls of your feet."

what exactly is biro?

By Jay on Saturday, July 8, 2000 - 06:04 pm:

yeah c'mon Biro clue everyone in. or shall I.
    up a little late last night?

By Margret on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 09:18 am:

Chrissakes you philistines. It's a kind of pen. I think.

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:23 am:

I just went to wash a couple of apples that i brought with me to work. i went in this bathroom that is just a single toilet and sink. not a multi-occupant type of bathroom. i walk in to wash the apples and the place is just reeking of someone's shit. whoever it was must have just walked out. it was the kind of smell where i could almost tell what it was they had eaten last night. sort of stunk in a meat and potatoes kind of way, not a taco bell way. the bathroom has no fan or deodorizer on a timer or anything so the smell had no where to go. i washed my apples with my shirt up over my nose and got out of there.
    right as i came out this other guy was waiting to go in.
    now he thinks i laid the meat and potatoes smelling dump that has the whole place stinking.
    i wanted to say, "hey it stinks in there but i didn't do it" but what would he think of that. would he believe me. does it matter?
    thing is, if i had laid that smelly dump, i'd enjoy letting someone else walk in there after me to get reeked out. i wouldn't care if they thought it was me. maybe i don't want to take credit for someone else's stink.
    ya'll know where i'm coming from with this. don't deny it.

By J on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 11:21 am:

I can't poop in a public restroom.Kymie you are going to give your friend the c.d. back,aren't you?

By Kymical on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 11:34 am:

i hate pooping in a public restroom if someone else is in there. and sometimes i just sit there and stare off into space like if i am drunk or something and i think that there is someone in there thinking that i am taking like this really big poop when actually i am just zoning out.
    the bathroom is a very peaceful place. cold porcelin, the sound of water.

as fa as the c.d. is concerned.
    i will give it back to him if he notices it is gone. and since i will be living with him in a few months i figure i will put it back then and take some other c.d.s he has that i am interested in hearing.
    i am the greatest friend ever!!!!!

By Mavis on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 12:02 pm:

biro is a type of pen.

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

i did have, at one time, the biggest phobia of shitting anywhere else but my own home. just couldn't do it. that has passed though. still don't shit on top of someone elses stink though.
    i lived with a girl for about three months one time before i took a dump at her place. she had a nice bathroom to take a dump in to. little window to look out of, nice and cool.
    i used to work with this guy who stunk and was just an overall gross motherfucker. i hated thinking about his hairy ass sweating all over the toilet seat i was about to sit on at work.

By Biro on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

yes, yes, Biro is a pen, not a Fountain Pen just a regular pen. Anyone from the UK would know what a Biro is, we actually say, "excuse me, do you have a biro I can use?" And thankyou Jay for be discreet, as to taking a dump - well in a "restroom" - gotta love that euphemism, I would wait til someone ran the faucet and then go for it - hoping I could relieve myself before the faucet was turned off! The Interstate bogs are the worst, everyone has been sitting on their bums for hours so as soon as their arse hits the seat its the 4th of July revisited. Only the sound effects, LOL

By Mavis on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 05:56 pm:

i love pens. my roomie and i took inventory of all my pens and markers saturday (minus some that are in a lost backpack somewhere)

can anybody guess the total?

By Biro on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

I have a favorite Biro that I love, its a purple ink one, I will hunt high and low for it - doesn't matter that there are 30 plus biros waiting to be used, I must have that purple one. I have a habit of where ever I am sitting I have to have a biro there, maybe to do a crossword, maybe just to jot down something, it really pisses me off when my biros are not at hand. I know someone who also loves Biros, used to nick all the cool ones from work, with my permission! Its payback time. Find me a purple biro and quick.

By Biro on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

80........ close?

By Mavis on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 06:50 pm:

217! i swear to god!
    but that's including markers (82)
    sharpies (24)
    uni-ball (37)
    pilots (35)
    gelly roll pens in assorted bright, glittery or matallic hues (32)
    and seven miscellaneous generic pens.

i wish my name was biro...

By Jay on Monday, July 10, 2000 - 10:55 pm:

i to have a nice collection of biro's. most of which i nicked from work. they're all over the fucking place but i usually only use one. strange how that is.
    i have one that i've used for years now. it must have little fornicating ink elves inside it keeping the ink supply flowing.

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 11:43 am:

Sorry Mavis, its always been my nick. Its the purple thing again, you find a biro you like and it actually makes handwriting a pleasure not to mention legible. I want fornicating ink elves in my biros......

By MAVIS on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:12 pm:

biro is my hero!!

maybe i should change my name to ...
    PENny?

haa ha haa haa!

By Jay on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:59 pm:

how bout Parker? thats the name of my favorite pen. no wait. i think i want to be Parker myself. nice ring to it, Parker. like Parker stevenson. what was he in? Hardy boys with leiff garrett?

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 02:20 pm:

i'm going to the bookstore now to buy more personal pens with my work account!
    (insert evil evil laughter here)

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:29 pm:

Jay you could call yourself Pen & Ink (its rhyming cockney slang).........

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:35 pm:

wasn't Parker Stevenson married to Kirsty Alley? I found one of my favorite biros under the bed, I was quite the happy camper til I discovered it had run out of ink, no fornicating ink elves to save the day, I want to have a REAL fountain pen, thats all I used at one time. Mavis, check out the purple ones for me, LOL

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

i forgot what pen and ink is rhyming slang for.
    cockney rhyming slang puzzles me deeply.
    sometimes i understand it, in moments of extreme lucidity, but usually i feel frustrated and stupid.

biro-i will send you a purple pen.
    email me
    lulibird@teleport.com

By Jay parker on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:50 pm:

I know i'm setting myself up here but how does pen rhyme with ink?
    how bout pen and teller?

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

ok guys, pen & ink............STINK.

By Biro on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 05:56 pm:

y'all go have a raspberry tart then we can rabbit & pork. Great site Mavis. Lets get a conversation all in cockney..... ready for it?

By Cat on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 05:59 pm:

No prob Briny Marlin.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 06:45 pm:

pretty soon i 'ave to go back to the cat and mouse, as i'm hank marvin and i 'aven't got an ocean going squid to my name!

biro-you should tell me where to send this lovely purple pen....

By Cat on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 07:01 pm:

Mavis, email me your address and I'll send you this cute pen with koalas on it...it's time your pen fetish went international.

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 07:16 pm:

cat
    i clicked on your name up there
    and nothing happened.
    mavis
    p.s. a pen and koalas, all in one?!!!!

lulibird@teleport.com

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 07:17 pm:

finally, being out about my pen fetish is getting me somewhere!!!

By Jay on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 10:41 pm:

i've got a pen that isn't actually a pen it's a knife, i use it as a letter opener. it's very james bond though.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 11:41 am:

wow, that's great. i have a pen set that doubles as fork, knife, and spoon

By TBone on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 11:48 am:

A have a pen that, depending on which way gravity is pulling on it, will spit out a black pen, blue pen, PDA stylus, or mechanical pencil when you press the clicker-button on the butt end. It's no bigger than a normal pen, and doesn't look like anything special. Confuses the hell out of people who borrow it.

By Jay on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:07 pm:

i used to have a junkie pen that looked like a hypodermic needle. filled with red liquid like blood and everything. loved using it in class.

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 01:10 pm:

A friend of mine has a pocket knife with a tiny pen in it. It's very scary. It's a Swiss Army knife, and it's about four inches across. I think it no longer becomes useful when a knife gets that big. Whatever.
    I've been using an old funky fountain pen from a calligraphy set. Currently, it has purple ink in it. I love it.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 02:13 pm:

i also have a naked lady pen! when you tip it to write, her clothes disappear!
    so naughty!

By Biro on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 04:41 pm:

I think Jay has one of those pens too. I went to the beach today with a couple of girlfriends and mentioned our online pen fetish, talk about starting an uprising! They were the same way, have to have pens wherever they may be, I am fried, fair skin doesnt cut it in this heat. The Gulf was beautiful, I had to lead and the others followed, Dar is very paranoid about stingrays, once in tho she was fine, we did not want to join the human race , floating around in the gulf is so serene. The downdside, everyone and their grannies are out - it was packed. We are not used to a crowd. Mavis, I will email you, my puter went down last night, turns out the screen wasn't screwed in enough - my son figured it out!
    DUH....... am sitting in a wet bathing suit with the fan blowing on me...... must take a shower and get rid of the sand. Isolde, purple pens rule! I cannot write worth a damn with black ink biros, blue is okay, purple is the best. Blood red, nah, skip that one. Black pens are Allan Border, I now need to band of hope, do my barnet fair and boat race, then British Rail my brother.
    LOL

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 04:51 pm:

Purple rocks.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 04:59 pm:

i think a lot more people
    are crazy for pens
    than most of us realize
    or admit

By PeriPheral on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:15 pm:

I'll admit it. I've been using the Pilot Precise extra-fine points for years and years, and they're all I want to use. I hate to lend it to anyone. I guess I'm a bit like that dude and his stapler in _Office Space_. Oh, and I only like writing in black ink, though I did give the blue ink a try when I found a blue Pilot once. Finding a nice pen is better than finding money.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

damn straight!
    when those gel ink pens were first around a couple years ago, i bought every color.
    the ones that are the most amazing have multiple colors inside each ink barrel, so each mark you make is a slightly different hue. i do a lot of letter-writing and journaling and drawing.
    a pen is a gal's best friend!
    black extra fine point pens have been my favorites for writing since high school.

By PeriPheral on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:29 pm:

I've also got a lighter with a blonde on one side and a brunette on the other, each in black bikinis. If you rub them long enough (you have to generate some serious friction), the bathing suit disappears into the crowd. Or you can hold a flame near them for quicker results. Premature inflammation?

By Isolde on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

I sent Patrick a zippo, and it never got there, apparently. I'm very sad. It was a neat lighter--belonged to my grandfather, who was in the Navy. It had an ostrich on it. I don't think zippos are supposed little enameled doubles, but this one did. And it was an ostrich. And the post office lost it?

By Jay on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 12:33 am:

I have the pen bob dylan used to write the lyrics to "subterranean homesick blues"

By Jay on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 12:34 am:

oh no wait. i dreamt that.
    my bad.

By Mavis on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 11:45 am:

i dreamt last night that i had a fountain pen filled with "birth control ink". whenever i wrote with it, the ink soaked into the paper and whoever i handed the page to was safe from conception.
    later in the dream, all these people were fucking and had these wads of paper clenched in their hands.
    it was awesome....

By ZookZook on Tuesday, July 18, 2000 - 04:47 pm:

That opens up a whole peacock-like mating display for people who carry pens in their breast pocket. *snap* glook glook glook -- party time!

Everybody
    has a weird day
    Deal with stress in
    your own weird way
    I'm fine.

If it weren't for mp3's I'd never have known the glory of Sifl n' Olly, and thus would never have purchased their CDs. And so, the cycle of nature is complete.

By blindswine on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 05:45 am:

By blindswine on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 07:00 am:

By blindswine on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 08:08 am:

By Pepper on Sunday, July 27, 2014 - 06:56 pm:

Speaking of "P.T.S.D" does this guy suffer of ptsd? and he likes doing weird Stunts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyPXwH6m8Hs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upQum89yKsU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fosRg8AC3-4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N-Ovue5c_4

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact