"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas(?)

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas(?)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Pug on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 12:51 am:

Big hit when I was 12.

By crimson on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 03:42 am:

i remember when that song came out. the big dancefloor craze was to try to incorporate kung-fu movements into your dancing whenever that particular record was played. imagine the high surrealism of a gym full of boondock kids karate-chopping the air & throwing fake kicks.

that was back in the good old days, when nobody had any dignity whatsoever.

By Hal on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 05:08 am:

OH and like they do now...

Dignity didn't go up, it went down... now they don't even bother but the only reason is that they aren't wearing enough clothes to do those high styled manuvers...

God I hate people my age.

By Know how it is on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 09:51 am:

How's it gonna be, when you don't love me anymore?

By Hal on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 07:41 pm:

That song isn't that old... Its not a bad song, but not really good ole' 80's material.

By moonit on Sunday, January 7, 2001 - 10:09 pm:

I watched Footloose at about 2 in the morning
    on New Years day.

they didnt dance in time to the music.

i never noticed that before.

very wierd.

By Gee on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

Friday I'm going to see "Enter the Fat Dragon" starring Sammo Hung.

9:15 at the Royal.

By moonit on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 10:56 pm:

I love Sammo.

By Pug on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 01:42 pm:

Enter the Fat Dragon----is that for real???!!!!! I heard that Sammo supposedly got pretty tough on the Hong Kong streets because people used to bag on him for his weight....
    I like the one where he plays Jackie Chan's retarded brother....can't even remember the name of it at this point.

By Daniel ssss on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 07:22 pm:

finally the last open thread. I have no idea what you people are talking about.

I am going away now. When you've read through each and every one, and noted the time, and the isp and everything else, you can call or write.

By the way, I've got great wallpaper occupying my time, the electronic screen saver kind. Serves you right sending me graphics of that sort.
    I loved it. You know, I think I'll go ride the snowblower for a while...

And I think You are wrong about me.

By moonit on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 02:50 am:

Gee.. how was it?

I am thinking of going to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - I love Chow Yun-Fat

And I am going to see Girlfight when it comes out here.

By Antigone on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:37 am:

Go see Crouching Tiger. Fucking great all around
    movie experience.

By moonit on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:45 am:

Can I have the big bucket of popcorn? And a large coke? oooh and a big bag of m&m's?

By Gee on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:24 pm:

I didn't get to see it. at the last minute I realized I didn't have enough money on me to even see one freaking movie. stupid life. I was Really dissapointed.

I adore Sammo. he rocks. he's cute and cuddly and on Martial Law, the name of his girlfriend was Melanie. :)

Crouching Tiger is Great. I loved it, but the guy I went with was dissapointed.

By patrick on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

I saw Shadow of a Vampire. Great concept, decent acting by Malcovich and Defoe....weak movie...wait for video

By semillama on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 03:38 pm:

What was wrong with the guy you went with, Gee? I saw CT, HD this weekend. Unbelievable. If it comes to LaCrosse I'm going again (we drove to madison to see it).

By Kymical on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 01:18 pm:

my friend Ari argued with me for about 2 hours that this song was sung by jimi hendrix.

this is a guy who got out of a ticket by saying to the officer
    "i am sorry sir, i was listening to that rock and roll music!"

By semillama on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 03:28 pm:

(head explodes)

By heather on Wednesday, January 17, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

crouching tiger was very beautiful

should have been longer

people couldn't help laughing at the flying though

By semillama on Thursday, January 18, 2001 - 08:58 am:

Yeah, I know, but that type of action is typical for a Hong Kong action movie.

By REDDRAGON_1975 on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 03:20 pm:

WWW.REDDRAGON.DOSTWEB.COM

By jack on Wednesday, February 5, 2003 - 03:40 pm:

hey sem, did your head explode because of the jimi hendrix thing or the cop thing? (i think they're both hilarious)

By Joe on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 01:43 am:

just for the record, it was carl carlton. i wonder what he is doing now. i hope he invested his income wisely.

By jack on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 03:48 pm:

just for the record, what was carl carlton?

carl douglas sang "kung fu fighting"

By Ophelia on Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 02:23 am:

but hal, people our age are so irresistably self-centered. what could you possibly dislike about a bunch of people struggling desparately to preserve the image of being aloof from the rest of society?

okay, so maybe you have a point...on the other hand there are a lot of people who, despite the image and the ego things, i still really respect. and even a few rare eggs who honestly don't do the image thing.

and it can be charming now and then.

anyways, i just realized you wrote that 2 years ago. well, i'm about 2 years younger than you i guess. what do ya think right now?

By Joe on Thursday, February 20, 2003 - 02:59 am:

you know what? i admit that i'm old and i can't remember who sang "kung fu fighting" and "everlasting love". both were "karls". wtf?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact