Thieves and Liars--Ministry

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Thieves and Liars--Ministry
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

damn, i forgot all about this song.

this is the Ministry i liked. it reminds me of high school...blaring out of my crappy cassette deck in the shag carpeted hond civic. Being stoned or high on mini thins, crusing through the northside of Raleigh, where they still had cow pastures and two lane roads. I lived in bumfuck and i always had to drive through 2 lane roads and cow pastures to get anywhere. it seems to make so much sense then. and it reminds me now.

By Spider on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 03:00 pm:

What album is that off of?

My roommate gave me a lot of Ministry on mix tapes in high school. "You Know What You Are" -- is this the name of the song? -- I liked this one. I liked "Every Day Is Halloween" and "Cannibal Song," too.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

if i recall, its off an EP...the one with Stigmata....(hang on) ahhh yes "In Case you Didnt Feel Like Showing Up".

and its called "Thieves"...its a great EP...but after that record....they kinda lost me as a fan...my fav is Land Of Rape and Honey.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

and yes "You Know What you Are" is on Rape & Honey.

didi you ever hear Pailhead...which was Ian McKay and Alen Jourgenson? pretty weird combo but damn cool album (that i regretably sold many years ago when i needed cash)

By Skooter Lee Roth on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 07:07 pm:

Love Ministry...Don't care for the early, early stuff...It's a little too "twee" for me. But I have liked them ever sense. The first time I heard MIATTTT, it blew my mind.
    The last few albums have really taken awile for me to get used to. Filth Pig is amazing. DSOTS also took a long time to like but have you ever heard of the Revolting Cocks? How about 10,000 Homo DJ's. I remember that Al was supposed to put out a country record called "Buck Satan and the 666 shooters" I wonder if that came out. LARD is awesome too, but I can't listen to it often, as it makes me very paraniod.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 07:31 pm:

yeah i used to have a lard album....and i familiar with the cocks.....Jourgenson and Biafra are a dangerous mix i think

i actually preferred their earlier work...than the later stuff...started to slow it down, sounded too metalish for me.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 23, 2001 - 09:09 pm:

i dig the revco cover of 'if you think i'm sexy'.

i think. i mean, i think that's what it's called.

the rod stewart song.

rod.

mmm.

sexy man.

mmm.

By patrick on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 11:21 am:

oh my god

By Spider on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 11:24 am:

Nate, that needs to go under the "confess!" thread, you hussy.

By Nate on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

wtf, just talkin' 'bout revco.

By The backup singers on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

then we can dig it

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact