Frank Sinatra

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Frank Sinatra
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 10:17 am:

Another plan gone terribly awry.

I frequently purchase annoying music,to keep my spawn away.I know this sounds harsh,but when you have spawn of your own,you'll understand.

Tough love,thats what its all about.As a parent,you have to do some terrible things,to have a little peace of mind.

Well,todays choice was Frank Sinatra.I've never been able to stand him.He looks like a sneaky little weasel,and I've never been able to get past that.So,he seemed like an excellent choice,to scare my kids away.

But my plan backfired.I decided to have a preview listen,to pick out some especially annoying tunes,to torture them with,and the next thing you know,I'm dancing all over the house to show tunes.

I need a better plan.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 11:42 am:

GASP!!!!

not like Frank???

*jesusmaryandjoseph*

I didnt see that.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 11:55 am:

i hate him, too. nasty little man.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 12:21 pm:

whats nasty about him?

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

He did it his way, that's what.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

Who cares? His voice (when he was young, esp.) is like butter.

Czarina, in my experience, I've found the most unlistenable music to be so-called "smooth jazz." What they play in dentists' offices.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 12:51 pm:

thats what im saying....who the fuck cares what he did in his personal life, if thats why he's "nasty".

there is an oldschool bar in the Wilshire district...old part of town with old hotels and the bars beneath them. This place called the HMS Bounty. The waitress is about my grandmas age. Its located underneath the Gaylord Hotel...built in the 20s right across from the Ambassador Hotel where the 2nd Kennedy was shot.

Their jukebox has nothing but 45s in it.....and i tell ya...on a day like last night, its cold, windy and rainy, nothing like cozying up to the bar for a warm whisky drink and hearing Sinatra on the old juke box.

butter indeed man

Chuck Mangione and Yanni and the likes that shit will clear a room in no time.

By J on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 02:25 pm:

Slim Whitman does it for me.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

i don't like his voice, either. to me, and i know that others disagree, it's flat and devoid of character. i also don't like most of the songs that he selected to sing. maybe i've just heard them too too much in my lifetime.

in addition to that, he was hateful and narrow minded.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

I like listening to the wonderful tunes of James Darren, one of the young semi-members of the Rat Pack. He does the best Sinatra songs that aren't Sinatra. For those of you who watched Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, he was the singer Vic Fontaine in the final few seasons. He is awesome.

I used to be narrow minded with music. Now I only hate this stupid country from the past 10 years.

Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, etc are great in my book.

LS

By Cat on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 03:31 pm:

Slow dancing to Sinatra makes me slutty hot.

I've been hearing "New York, New York" in my head a lot lately.

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

Listening to Bjork makes me emotionally slutty.

I've had the second song off of Post in my head today.

LS

By Czarina on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

"Those little town blues............."

[thanks for the tip Spider!]

By moonit on Tuesday, November 13, 2001 - 08:39 pm:

I am banned from singing New York New York until I go there. Jules and I made it a rule.

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 12:26 am:

Sounds like a good rule.

Does it apply to "Do you know the way to San Jose?" or "San Francisco" or "Chicago"?

LS

By moonit on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:15 am:

um no, but prehaps it should.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:56 am:

Anyone caught singing "Do You Know The Way To San Jose",should be severely castigated,for engaging in such a reprehensible act.

By LoneStranger on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:25 pm:

It's a nice song, but one to be enjoyed in the safe confines of your own head. Never in public.

LS

By droopy on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

the album 'b.b. king live in cook county jail' frightens my cat.

By Hal on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

that frightens me...

Actually I could sit back with a bowl a pack of smokes some Mt.dew... and a really good book... right now...

And Some Frank Sinatra in the background would be perfect. Instead i'm going to get a shitty book, half a pack of smokes, water and, some TOOL in the background...

Makes me feel kinda pathetic.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 09:17 pm:

Keep an eye on your kitty,Droop.

Is that the kitty that pooped under your bed?

He might have psychological problems.

Frightened of B.B.King.......I've never heard of such a thing.

Now i'm in the mood for some blues.Maybe Tom Waits.[he doesn't frighten your kitty does he?]

[and Hal,hon,you know,you're never really alone.you have your little furry tailed friends]

By moonit on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 10:05 pm:

Ferg has found the tinsel from the Xmas box. She's so damn cute.

She's heh wait for it... taken a SHINE to the tinsel.

i am so damn funny.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

I hope she doesn't get tinsel butt,like my kitty does.Its shiny,alright,butt,its not too cute.

Manual removal is not something I look forward too,each holiday season.[I wear gloves,for this distasteful procedure]

Heh,thats what I'll put on my want list!

[gloves,I mean]

By moonit on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 10:21 pm:

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:00 pm:

I can see I need to add a pair of Bitch gloves to my X-mas want list.

I don't know how I've gotten by without them,all these years!

By Hal on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 02:22 am:

Oh I haven't forgotten about my little furry friends they say high everyday with thrown sticks...

Fucking squirrels.

By droopy on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 03:14 am:

i want my cat to have just as many psychological problems as i do. a well-adjusted cat would've run away a long time ago. she's snoozing on top of the monitor as i type this.

By Janet on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 02:58 pm:

How do you know frank sinatra was a nasty weasel? Have you met him? Did you know him personally?....I didnt think so

By V on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:31 pm:

You know,that Frank Sinatra? he was allways such a good singer,apart from when he got old,then his voice went a bit off key,its only to be expected.

By V on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:32 pm:

...part from that,he was world class.

By V on Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 11:36 pm:

...as for Italian Mafia connections,that was junk...

By Nancy Regan on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 01:55 am:

Franck Sinatra tried to fuck me up the ass,he said I had the world by the string,but he still tried to fucked me up the ass.

By Dodi on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 01:33 pm:

in your sweet dreams baby......

By V on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 11:37 pm:

Dodi,so nice to see you on line,have you had problems? v did,seems my computers were lacking in speed and memory,so was off line for 5 days,now have latest computers,4,on line now,much faster than before.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,also good firewalls.

By V on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 11:25 pm:

Dodi,as a hobby,v writes "jingels for adds"in 5 months v can make $5000 bucks,its fun,,,if you can do 5 notes on a key board,you can make bucks....post.If you want info,no problem.

By V on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 10:57 pm:

....you come across the group "The Darkness"??? they had to make 40,000 $ fast,so they did "jingels" to finance demo tapes and stuff ,it work well for them,now "World Class"...v posts good financial info,but most folks take no notice...do I waste my breath???...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact