Space Oddity

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: Space Oddity
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Major Tom on Monday, February 3, 2003 - 10:35 am:

Ground Control to Major Tom
    Take your protein pills and put your helmet on

Commencing countdown, engines on
    Check ignition and may God's love be with you

(spoken)
    Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Liftoff

This is Ground Control to Major Tom
    You've really made the grade
    And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
    Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
    I'm stepping through the door
    And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
    And the stars look very different today

For here
    Am I sitting in a tin can
    Far above the world
    Planet Earth is blue
    And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
    I'm feeling very still
    And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
    Tell my wife I love her very much she knows"

Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
    Can you hear me, Major Tom?
    Can you....

"Here am I floating round my tin can
    Far above the Moon
    Planet Earth is blue
    And there's nothing I can do."

By Joe on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 02:04 am:

david bowie in the early 70's. let's hear it for being stoned and writing music (you know, like berlioz, who composed the "symphonie fantastique" while stoned on opium). back then, drugs really were not addicting. it's true!

By patrick on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 11:34 am:

yeah but the weed back then was like smoke bermuda grass. the buzz was placebo.

the hooch today will knock you out.

By Joe on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 01:37 am:

no, the buzz was real and sarcasm can really knock you out.

By Two2blue on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 07:55 am:

bowie did his best work with mick ronson (ie: pre-1974)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact