crippled blues

sorabji.com: What song or tune is going through your head right now?: crippled blues
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 04:21 am:

don't you tell me "sing a happy tune"
    or "gather rosebuds in the month of june"
    not when i know that trouble's comin' soon
    (and it will - i'm a chronic for that bitter pill)
    the weary world is just too damn cruel
    luck unfaithful and trouble rules
    and if you're thinkin' different,pal, you're a fool
    (because that's the way it's gonna be till your dyin' day)
    loooooooooord!
    you need the patience of Job and a jug o' whiskey
    to chase those blues away
    when a man's born to trouble
    and the sparks fly high to sear the day

and then you know you're down so low
    there's nothin' left to lose
    like when a beggar can sing to a pickpocket
    those crippled blues

the march of time won't ever cut you slack
    but weigh you down just like a cement sack
    or a certain straw on a camel's back
    (either way, you're gonna find one day)
    that now your back is broke and bent
    and the blues has got the sentiment
    you HAVE to sing to your heart's discontent
    every day...when there ain't no other way
    to beat those
    mean
    nasty
    lowdown
    heartbreakin' blues
    such as comes to the soul
    sometimes in the nighttime
    sometimes in the day, just to say:

now you know, yer down so low
    there's nothin' left to lose
    like when a beggar can sing to a pickpocket
    those crippled blues.

By droopy on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 02:25 pm:

i think i'm going to change the name of this tune to "these are my blues and if you don't like them you can fuck off" for the album.

By Spider on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 02:39 pm:

Speaking of teases...what album, you cheeky monkey?

By droopy on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:23 pm:

the album i'm going to make even if i only make one copy that they find among my belongings after i die.

the lyrics to this tune have changed a little since i wrote them down here. i forgot about the "chronic for the bitter pill" line. i think that'll be the name of the album.

cheeky monkey?

i saw craig ferguson live at the bass hall in fort worth - literally up the street from me.

By Dougie on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 09:57 am:

How was Craig Ferguson, droop? Did you like him?

By droopy on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 02:17 pm:

i liked him. his act was pretty much the same thing as his talk show monologue with the swear words left in: he did a sean connery impression, talked about his penis, all texans have guns, etc.

By droopy on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 09:39 pm:

the phrase "to love me is to damn me, to hate me is to set me free" doesn't show up in a google search. maybe someday it will.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact